Mississippi State Post Game Thread

ScotsAU

Mods, feel free to delete if there is one already. But I didn’t see a post game thread!

Lets talk about what we saw. 

Obviously the coaches had a short week to adjust game plans and to de-Harsin the team. OL still looked bad at times, but I thought the execution on offense still looked better than it’s looked all year. 

The coaches had as short a prep time as you could ask for. To get them to play this way was damn near impossible. They did it anyway. For those overly critical of this staff….you can guess what could be said next. 

For the first time in a long time halftime adjustments were made and it showed. Excellent sign. 

I expect a much better performance Saturday. It’s game two of the season and the first full week of preparation. War Damn Eagle! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It felt good actually caring about football again. Damn I missed that feeling. Really wanted that one for Caddy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

lets not forget caddy said they were busy putting out fires most of that time as well so i think he super! my hat is off to him.

• Like 3

as an aside i am not sure if anyone saw it on the game last night but leach got upset with his receivers so he took their folding chairs away from them for some reason and made them stand. thats pretty funny right there. i think it is on twitter or instagram one and i never get those to post right but there is video of it.

• Like 2

who was the guy running after caddy some during the game with the big fat notebook like kiffen carries around or his helpers. i cannot think of the name.analyptics or something but it appears we started playing better. does anyone know who he was? and do you think it helped?

13 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

After seeing all the discussions and opinions of lots of posters here, I have decided on my first choice. I respect all those opinions and would not be terribly upset with any of them. After yesterday my heart would like it to be Caddy but I know that's not the right pick at this time. So I'm going to cast my first place pick as........

Hugh Freeze.

• WarTiger changed the title to Mississippi State Post Game Thread
4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

lets not forget caddy said they were busy putting out fires most of that time as well so i think he super! my hat is off to him.

Wonder if one of those was TJ's parents, wasn't one of them vocally upset about not being kept in the coaching search loop? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Wonder if one of those was TJ's parents, wasn't one of them vocally upset about not being kept in the coaching search loop? 

i read that yes but nothing official on it. dad thinks his son should be a millionaire and knows what is at stake. i hope tj goes where he can get some killer coaching. i mean at auburn bo was overshooting players ten yards throwing bombs and he has corrected that at oregon. bo has thrown two of the prettiest bombs in the last two weeks i have seen. the receiver did not have to slow down and it came right in over his shoulder. so i hope tj gets another shot where he can learn something.

• Like 1

A few things, Ronnie Brown was coaching as much as he was reporting last night.or it seemed? Lol He was fired up. The defense flipped a switch at some point. Smedding and the whole defensive staff is still there but I noticed at least 3 players I haven’t seen in a game yet. Troxell, it looked bad but I didn’t notice a drop off. 

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Troxell, it looked bad but I didn’t notice a drop off. 

It’s like a submarine with a screen door. Can you really tell when there’s a hole in the screen?