The backlash will be really bad

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

2 weeks til this is old news.

A good portal and recruiting class and it's over.  Now if those things are bad watch out.  The naysayers will jump

• Like 7

Twitter is a very bad place to take anecdotal evidence from, but the portion of the fanbase arguing over there has created an almost political environment, meaning those against Freeze for moral reasons are just "woke" liberals and those for him are misogynistic enablers.  For what it's worth, I don't like him because of his character or past, AND I don't like him for his coaching career.  Everyone saying "But he wins!", wins what?  Beats Saban at almost Malzahn regularity, wins less games than Gus.  This is a fanbase clinging to a big name because anyone other than a big name would have been seen by Monday morning quarterbacks as an assault on the "prestige" of Auburn University.  Well, get ready for a new national opinion on Auburn prestige...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I think the backlash will be less severe than anticipated and will be over quickly.  Especially if we get a good haul in the portal and recruiting jumps to top 10.

Go listen to the War Rapport and listen to Ike. He gives clarity to some of these things thrown out there that aren’t true. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Just prepare for it. Going from Cadillac to freeze is going to make a lot of people upset. It will wear off over time but it will be bad for a while. 

he can earn a ton of goodwill if he keeps caddy.

• Like 1

A lesson I learned long ago - care less about what others think and more about what’s right.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

He is 

i already feel better. i refuse to let anyone person make me ever turn my back on auburn. they are and have always been my heart. we can bitch and cry and moan or try some forgiveness since this has always seemed to be a christian site for the most part for me. there is nothing we can do but make sure if he fails we did every single thing we could to support him. people are human. forgiveness is what it is about. if he lets us down we pray he does better down the road. but folks need to remember this is kiffs fault. he agreed and then broke his  his word and left us hanging.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, e808 said:

Go listen to the War Rapport and listen to Ike. He gives clarity to some of these things thrown out there that aren’t true

Like what???

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Just prepare for it. Going from Cadillac to freeze is going to make a lot of people upset. It will wear off over time but it will be bad for a while. 

I hope it’s bad and severe enough to see Freeze never set foot on the plains. We sold out. It’s the same sicko no other FBS school would touch with a 25-foot pole, and AU is about to put his face on the front of AU Football. AU Creed?  Rewrite that thing. I graduated a long time ago. I never thought I’d see Auburn stoop this low. And for those of y’all who’ll down vote me, my option is based on the whole Freeze resume, and it’s just my opinion. The bottom line is that people who really care, people with time, love and experience invested should matter…we don’t. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 4

Did a great job in our back ground checks and investigations.  Maybe have a quick check in with the woman he harassed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

The part about hookers, the Dm and making the girl change because she violated policy. He said the girl stated that she didn’t have an issue with it. I am paraphrasing. Would I have done it no but the person involved wasn’t affected like people making it appear.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i already feel better. i refuse to let anyone person make me ever turn my back on auburn. they are and have always been my heart. we can bitch and cry and moan or try some forgiveness since this has always seemed to be a christian site for the most part for me. there is nothing we can do but make sure if he fails we did every single thing we could to support him. people are human. forgiveness is what it is about. if he lets us down we pray he does better down the road. but folks need to remember this is kiffs fault. he agreed and then broke his  his word and left us hanging.

Is it Kiff’s fault or our administration that agreed to hire Freeze?  We could’ve easily paid Cadillac to coach as long as it took to find someone that any other P5 school would hire, someone that wouldn’t fracture a fanbase. 

Edited by auburndkel
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Did a great job in our back ground checks and investigations.  Maybe have a quick check in with the woman he harassed 

so who did freeze sexually assault? he paid for his ladies. he has paid a heavy price. i understand the girl is upset because hugh texted her in support of his friend. not a great look but not against the law.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

so who did freeze sexually assault? he paid for his ladies. he has paid a heavy price. i understand the girl is upset because hugh texted her in support of his friend. not a great look but not against the law.

Probably the High School girl he made change in front of him then paddled her on her ass.

IDK, it is against the law to intimidate someone who has a lawsuit against your school and disgusting AD from Baylor?

Edited by W.E.D

Guest MustardSeed

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

how many times are you going to tell us you are leaving for good?   

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, auburndkel said:

Is it Kiff’s fault or our administration that agreed to hire Freeze?  We could’ve easily paid Cadillac to coach as long as it took to find someone that any other P5 school would hire, someone that wouldn’t fracture that fanbase. 

try blaming the auburn fans that loved caddy but did not want to give him that chance. they were way more than you might believe because a splash hire was needed. hell i wanted caddy. but freeze is here and nothing is going to change that so i can make the best of it or turn my back on auburn. my dad played for auburn and my mother and her sisters went to auburn.  hell i grew up on east glenn every summer. freeze was not my first choice but i will support him. and they will be watching him like a soap opera. i am not going to let it bring me down because freeze wants to be here and he has always like auburn. i choose to be upbeat and support our players because you will be turning your back on them as well.

• Like 1