Why we Like Freeze

AU-24

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Everyone realizes you have an unhealthy hate for Freeze .   you are like  a broken record.  No one gives a crap what you think.     

No, I don't hate the man, I just don't like hiring a questionable coach and if you don't realize that he's questionable in every sense of the word then you have poor judgment.  I talk to lots of AU fans and almost every one of them has grave misgivings about the hiring of HF.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Instead of me continuing to show you that HF has been a mediocre coach and a poor fit for AU, which I have demonstrated, why don't you explain why he has been a good coach and a good fit for AU.  I'm willing to listen.

I see a good coach with great resources,  passionate about recruiting, that really wants to be here, and has everything to lose. Until you can teach me how to peer into the future, I’ll just hang on to those positives until he gives me reason not to. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

No, they didn't.  Saban continued with success, HF, FAILURE.  He royally screwed up the UM program.

I believe you know you are taking my comments out of context. Saban royally screwed un Miami too. Saban’s actual pull ahead once he got to LSU where he got much better recruits. It’s why his emphasis has been so heavily weighted toward recruiting at Alabama. He knows that is the secret sauce. Last few years of CFB have proved that out.

• Like 1

Just now, Elephant Tipper said:

No, I don't hate the man, I just don't like hiring a questionable coach and if you don't realize that he's questionable in every sense of the word then you have poor judgment.  I talk to lots of AU fans and almost every one of them has grave misgivings about the hiring of HF.  

All of our options were questionable in some sense. You do realize that most of the people on this board “talk to lots of Auburn fans” too, right? Just because your bubble thinks one way, doesn’t mean jack. 

5 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

He has obviously well-coached teams, and has done well with less than he’ll hopefully have here at Auburn. He could end up being bad, but your “proof” in the form of expunged wins is laughable. His teams beat the teams that they played against. He coached good games. Me thinking that your cherry-picked data is ridiculous, doesn’t mean that I think Freeze is some type of football god. 

I'm not cherry picking any data.  The OP stated "Tommy Tuberville possessed SEC experience but not Freeze’s credentials", and I'm saying, What credentials ?  I've cited the data that ARE his credentials and you and others don't like that I am doing so.  Instead, YOU are cherry picking his record to make HF sound better than he is.

2 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Unfortunately its not about getting the best winning coach. It’s about getting the best coach who will get along with who’s in charge and those writing the checks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

I see a good coach with great resources,  passionate about recruiting, that really wants to be here, and has everything to lose. Until you can teach me how to peer into the future, I’ll just hang on to those positives until he gives me reason not to. 

Okay, good answer.  I agree with you on those qualilties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elephant Tipper said:

I'm not cherry picking any data.  The OP stated "Tommy Tuberville possessed SEC experience but not Freeze’s credentials", and I'm saying, What credentials ?  I've cited the data that ARE his credentials and you and others don't like that I am doing so.  Instead, YOU are cherry picking his record to make HF sound better than he is.

You’ve cited only the data that pushes your narrative. Don’t get surprised when others see through it. Even great coaches have bad seasons. I could cherry-pick and ask you if you know many bad coaches that have beaten Alabama two years in a row. There is no data suggesting that he’ll be terrible at Auburn. War Eagle. 

8 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

you do not have to explain your tunnel vision yet again..    You have posted  the same drivel dozens of times. 

It is not about anyone's judgement.  It is about you obsessing over this in every thread you can.   

Read the room.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

So who did you want for Head Coach Elephant Tipper?

As I asked above, Why aren't we going after coaches with better records.  I stated that Urban Meyer is/was apparently on the market.  One "insider poster" said that Dabo Swinney had been interested in the job.  Why did we not at least pursue those two if the info was true.  Another name mentioned early on was Luke Fickell.  Why didn't we pursue him vigorously ?   I'm just asking why we haven't pursued possibilities such as these ?

Look guys, if you don't see that HF is a person with a very troubled past that he's brought to AU, then you're kidding yourselves.  What grown man has to have his daughter as his morality police ?  Seriously, this is a joke.  Whatever good he performed at UM was undone by his poor supervision and lack of moral character, but he's OUR problem now.  Some people in the course of their lives think that such and such person would be a great spouse if only........and it's the "if only" that always bites you in the butt.  If you want to see HF through rose-colored glasses, then go ahead.  We may very well be in the market for another hc in the near future.  I hope not.  I do truly hope that HF succeeds as AU's hc, WILDLY so.

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

I can see OC, but not head coach. I have never heard his name associated with any head coaching search. I'm ready to see what he can do at Auburn, but let's not act like we hired UHugh has a lot to prove and I hope he proves all his naysayers - myself included - ultimately wrong. 

Who’s acting like we hired Meyers(sp?),  and I would actually rather have Freeze than him on any day that ends with y.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

you do not have to explain your tunnel vision yet again..    You have posted  the same drivel dozens of times. 

It is not about anyone's judgement.  It is about you obsessing over this in every thread you can.   

Read the room.

I've listened to the drivel from dozens like you who aren't critically thinking about this hire.  We just experienced this with Harsin.  

IF you really want to read the room, then you need to talk with alumni and financial supporters.  Every one of those with whom I've spoken has serious misgivings about HF, and they OWN the room.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

I guess that statement puts you in firm agreement with almost every one you have talked to. Obviously you have not talked with Dr. Roberts, or our new AD, or alot of the people that brought him here. Obviously their opinion so far has held higher impact to the situation than your group has, but maybe y’all can sway in the future .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

All of our options were questionable in some sense. You do realize that most of the people on this board “talk to lots of Auburn fans” too, right? Just because your bubble thinks one way, doesn’t mean jack. 

Back at you Jack

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I guess that statement puts you in firm agreement with almost every one you have talked to. Obviously you have not talked with Dr. Roberts, or our new AD, or alot of the people that brought him here. Obviously their opinion so far has held higher impact to the situation than your group has, but maybe y’all can sway in the future .

Yes, they are the ones responsible, and their jobs will be on the line, just like the last 2 Presidents and the last AD.

Well, ya know, Freeze's winning record in the SEC is no better than Malzahn or Chizik, not even close to Tuberville.

Let's not start having orgasms until he actually produces on the field - know what I mean?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

As I asked above, Why aren't we going after coaches with better records.  I stated that Urban Meyer is/was apparently on the market.  One "insider poster" said that Dabo Swinney had been interested in the job.  Why did we not at least pursue those two if the info was true.  Another name mentioned early on was Luke Fickell.  Why didn't we pursue him vigorously ?   I'm just asking why we haven't pursued possibilities such as these ?

Look guys, if you don't see that HF is a person with a very troubled past that he's brought to AU, then you're kidding yourselves.  What grown man has to have his daughter as his morality police ?  Seriously, this is a joke.  Whatever good he performed at UM was undone by his poor supervision and lack of moral character, but he's OUR problem now.  Some people in the course of their lives think that such and such person would be a great spouse if only........and it's the "if only" that always bites you in the butt.  If you want to see HF through rose-colored glasses, then go ahead.  We may very well be in the market for another hc in the near future.  I hope not.  I do truly hope that HF succeeds as AU's hc, WILDLY so.

Well, I'm not as against HF as you are but at least now I see your side of this whole drama session we are having more clearly. I, like you, had heard about Dabo and that is the only one I was hoping for. I was also dissappointed with the hire AT FIRST. But after watching his presser, I FELT that he had been humbled and seemed to own his mistakes and didnt shy away from his past. Time will tell. My mindset is that if he screws up now he is done...forever and I feel like he knows this. Urban Meyer has his own checkered past also dont forget. I just would love for all this division to end between us all. Our school needs us more than ever.

I wish we could just accept it and at the end of the day agree that we disagree and hold no ill will towards each other. WAR EAGLE!!!

It's been real guys.  I see that you are all very touchy about healthy criticism of HF.  If you're really that confident in him, then you shouldn't be taking offense, BUT, you all seem to be offended.  Good night. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Back at you Jack

Yes, what I said would apply to everybody. Glad that we can agree. 
image.gif

Just now, AUnCullman said:

Well, I'm not as against HF as you are but at least now I see your side of this whole drama session we are having more clearly. I, like you, had heard about Dabo and that is the only one I was hoping for. I was also dissappointed with the hire AT FIRST. But after watching his presser, I FELT that he had been humbled and seemed to own his mistakes and didnt shy away from his past. Time will tell. My mindset is that if he screws up now he is done...forever and I feel like he knows this. Urban Meyer has his own checkered past also dont forget. I just would love for all this division to end between us all. Our school needs us more than ever.

I wish we could just accept it and at the end of the day agree that we disagree and hold no ill will towards each other. WAR EAGLE!!!

WAR EAGLE !!!

Just now, Elephant Tipper said:

Yes, they are the ones responsible, and their jobs will be on the line, just like the last 2 Presidents and the last AD.

They always are, responsible bc they made/accepted the decision. Thats not new to the Freeze hire. BTW failure of a hired coach doesn’t always end up with fired President/AD, but does sometimes.

1 minute ago, AUnCullman said:

I agree.  I wasn't in favor of pursuing UM, but when HF came into the picture I thought, Why not ?  UM's problems are anywhere near as bad as HF and he's proven himself at UF and OSU