Auburn looks tremendous

rebdawg

My company has sent me to Crestview, FL to train for several weeks and so I have been listening to the local sports talk show (Sports Rap on 98.1 the ticket) which is hosted by Scott McKinney of Southern Sports tonight and some other dude named Scott. Anyway this morning the other dude named Scott said he was going to T-town to catch Bama's practice today and would report back. He then said he was at Auburn yesterday. and when McKinney asked him how they looked the other Scott said that, "they looked tremendous."

They bantered a little bit and the dude said that Cox looks very impressive and that the team looked close to what they were last year. He said something like it is scary how good they looked.

does not surprise me in the least............who really knows?

everyone must remember that Cox was one of the most sought after recruits in the country because of his accuracy.

September 3rd cannot get here soon enough.........we shall see then!

Actually, the BEST we can "hope for" is 13-0. We are on a 15 game winning streak. Until somebody beats this team, well, I am giving no quarter to anyone. :au:

p.s. 8-3 7-4? Just how bad do you think we are? Who are the FOUR teams that are better on our schedule? Just curious.

Actually, the BEST we can "hope for" is 13-0. We are on a 15 game winning streak. Until somebody beats this team, well, I am giving no quarter to anyone. :au:

p.s. 8-3 7-4? Just how bad do you think we are? Who are the FOUR teams that are better on our schedule? Just curious.

173313[/snapback]

Games we could lose: Make it 5

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

From What I hear Arkansas is not going to be very good this year. My guess is USC will pound them and Auburn should have no problem with them. I am actually worried more about GT than Geogia and Bama.

Auburn will probably loose at least one game and probably two. The teams that have the best chance are LSU because they are loaded and GT because they get us early and Auburn usually starts slow. If Cox is healthy and Brodie is not hurt then the Iron Bowl will be a great game but I think Auburn has more depth.

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

Reggie Ball can't throw off his back. Ditto for Jamarcus Russell. Matt Jones is gone and Shockley will get hit harder than he ever imagined. Da bammers got a defense, but Croyle wil be hurt long before we get to them. So i still can't see 3-4-or 5 losses.

Don't get me wrong. AU "can" lose to anyone if we are not ready. To mention arkansas in the mix of possibilities is just wrong. Auburn will be favored, if not heavily favored. Come on, We are the defending SEC Champs. Sure, we lost some very good players. We also return some VERY good players. As I said before, I am not giving away anything. We are on a 15 game winning streak and we will have a chance to beat anyone and everyone on the schedule. BTW-My glass is half FULL. :au:

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

Games we "could" lose: GaTech, MSU, Ball State, W. Kentucky, So. Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, UK, UGA, UAT.

Games we realistically might lose: LSU, Georgia

Teams that might catch us flat-footed, but I doubt it: Arkansas (1st road trip), Bama (if injuries and lack of depth haven't devastated them by year's end)

(I don't think Ga Tech has any clue as to the speed and ferocity of the defense they're going to face!)

I expect no worse than 2-3 regular season losses, max, and maybe much better.

Let's don't get to high. The best we can hope for right now is 8 wins, 7 if we screw one up.

173312[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA...now THAT's funny!!! (it was supposed to be funny...right?)

:au::homer:

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

Games we COULD lose, well then, lets add...

MSU

Ball State

WKU

USC

Ole Miss

Kentucky

SEC Championship

Bowl Game

We COULD lose any. It seems to me, you've already marked those five down as a loss.

Aubie7 our resident "Eeyore."

eeyore03.gif

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

MSU

Ball State

WKU

USC

Ole Miss

Kentucky

SEC Championship

Bowl Game

We COULD lose any. It seems to me, you've already marked those five down as a loss.

eeyore03.gif

173396[/snapback]

And that makes you the resident "Mr. Obvious". Of course we "Could" lose all 11 games, but we won't. By the way buttbrain, the question was asked of ME, who I thought we "Might" lose to. I gave MY answer. Your's was not needed, nor asked for, so stick your head back up your butt and hop along. :moon:

173313[/snapback]

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173329[/snapback]

MSU

Ball State

WKU

USC

Ole Miss

Kentucky

SEC Championship

Bowl Game

eeyore03.gif

173396[/snapback]

\

By the way Mr. JA,

If we lost all 11 regular season games, we could not lose the SEC or bowl game. So why bother posting them? Oh, and nice picture of the family memeber of your's that you have there on your sig. Which family memeber is that?

There will have to be a loss before I will believe it can happen. I believe we can beat anyone on our schedule; therefore, I believe we will beat everyone on our schedule.

WAR EAGLE!!!

There will have to be a loss before I will believe it can happen.  I believe we can beat anyone on our schedule; therefore, I believe we will beat everyone on our schedule.

WAR EAGLE!!!

173414[/snapback]

Again, that is not the point of this thread. Possible teams we could lose to is the point. If you don't think something can happen, until it happens, then you are in for a long, hard, disappointing life. However, it is good to have an upbeat attitude about things.

PS- Did you think, before last season started, that we would beat every team on the schedule? Of course not, so why think it now.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not the same Aubie7 that said we should always expect every Auburn team to win every game we play (I paraphrase your writings on baseball and basketball threads)? Why, therefore, are you lamenting games we might lose before the season starts?

Be consistent if you are going to argue or we will start calling you John Kerry instead of Eeyore.

Man, I'm glad our players don't go into the season thinking they will probably lose as many as 4 games like some "fans" do. I had rather them be brainwashed thinking that ....no team can beat us....every time they take the field. Sure, it takes some luck to win 'em all, but maybe it will happen. I for one don't see us losing to both GA and LSU. I will be more concerned about Bama than either of these two. I don't see Georgia being better than us and the home field has never been an advantage for either team. LSU has the talent.... how they play under a new coach is somewhat of a question mark, although Fisher will still be in charge of the offense, and will be even more so than he was under Saban.

Our season will boil down to the health of our QB and center. If we have to go to our 2nd or 3rd QB, we will be in the same situation as Bama found themselves in last year. I don't know what Borges can pull out of his bag of tricks if that happens. If Cox stays healthy.... before the season is over he will overshadow some of those QBs picked to lead the conference.

I see a minimum of a 9-3, but more likely a 10-2 or 11-1 season. Then again, we might win them all.

ok, STATISTICALLY, Aubie7 is still the most accurate so far. Before last year, and i think this is right (Stat Tiger may know better), i don't believe CTT has ever had a season in which he finished with less than 4 losses. With the talent y'all return though, i give you one more win, and i'll say y'all lose three. So, figuring three losses, i would say, as a BAMA fan, y'all will have the most trouble with GT, LSU, and BAMA. JMHO, and prob not worth too much here.

Auburn will do pretty good this season in my opinion. I see them only losing 3-4 games at most. The games AU should worry about losing is GT, LSU, GA, and Bama. If AU can at least win 1 of those 4 crucial games, then AU will have a good season. :au:

Losing 3 out of 4 of those games.. I would be disappointed. No, I am not being overconfident or anything like that.. its just that if we have a healthy team, there should be no reason we lose 3 out of 4, with the talent we have.

Teams I am worried about are:

LSU and Alabama.

LSU will be very tough.. and Alabama just gives us a tough game no matter what.

As long as Cox stays focused, we shoudl handle GT well enough. Georgia is falling back a little bit in the east.

Georgia is falling back a little bit in the east.

Woah, Woah....how? We finished #6 in the Final AP poll last year.

We don't have much pub heading into the season but that doesn't mean we are falling back....if we lose 3-4 games next year I would agree with that....but please don't tell me you are basing that suggestion because of what Pre-Season mags are saying.

Heh. I havn't read any preseason magazines. The reason I say that is because Georgia never blew me away last year. Even before we beat them, I still didn't think they were just GREAT. Now they have lost their starting QB and a couple of key defensive players.. I just don't see them being at the top of the SEC East this year. Of course, a lot will have to do with the QB play, which is also very important for Auburn. I have seen sparks in Shockley.. and if he has confidence in his arm, to go along with his legs, then Georgia could very well lead the pack.

This is just my opinion dude, and it isn't coming out of a magazine. Sorry if I upset you. :moon:

This is just my opinion dude, and it isn't coming out of a magazine. Sorry if I upset you.  :moon:

Oh, it didn't upset me at all. I just wanted to know if you had any facts for us falling back :big:

Lack of respect by the national media for teams like UGA and Tenn. is EXACTLY why we didn't get enough credit for beating them and EXACTLY why we didn't get a chance to play for the MNC last year. In case you hadn't thought of it (you probably have) USC pounding Arky this year won't help the SEC in the national media's eyes. Herbstreit and Corso will jump all over that as PROOF that AU didn't deserve a shot at the '04 title.

Archived