Auburn looks tremendous

rebdawg

Let's don't get to high. The best we can hope for right now is 8 wins, 7 if we screw one up.

173312[/snapback]

BEST WE CAN HOPE FOR?!!! THAT'S what sticks to me. You are predicting an 8-3 record AT BEST. You can have expectations all you want. I expect a 9-2 record. 9-2 and I'll be happy with this bunch next year. But, 13-0 is the BEST we can hope for.

For what its worth, I agree that GT, Bama, Georgia, Arkansas, LSU, etc. will be tough. I haven't marked ANY of them down as W's in my book. But I won't mark them down as an L either. That's where we are different.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not the same Aubie7 that said we should always expect every Auburn team to win every game we play (I paraphrase your writings on baseball and basketball threads)?  Why, therefore, are you lamenting games we might lose before the season starts?

Be consistent if you are going to argue or we will start calling you John Kerry instead of Eeyore.

173424[/snapback]

I never said we would lose any of these games. I never said I expected we would lose any of these games. If you are going to argue, the at least have a vaild point and go back and read everything invovled before putting in your two cents worth.

The point of this thread, originally, was what games we MIGHT lose. I gave four games that I thought we might have a chance to lose/or not win, depending on your angle. Do I expect us to lose all of them: no. Do I think we will lose any of them:no. Do I want us to lose all of them: no.

If you want to join in , then know what is going on.

Man, I'm glad our players don't go into the season thinking they will probably lose as many as 4 games like some "fans" do.  I had rather them be brainwashed thinking that ....no team can beat us....every time they take the field.  Sure, it takes some luck to win 'em all, but maybe it will happen.  I for one don't see us losing to both GA and LSU.  I will be more concerned about Bama than either of these two.  I don't see Georgia being better  than us and the home field has never been an advantage for either team.  LSU has the talent.... how they play under a new coach is somewhat of a question mark, although Fisher will still be in charge of the offense, and will be even more so than he was under Saban.

Our season will boil down to the health of our QB and center.  If we have to go to our 2nd or 3rd QB, we will be in the same situation as Bama found themselves in last year.  I don't know what Borges can pull out of his bag of tricks if that happens.  If Cox stays healthy.... before the season is over he will overshadow some of those QBs picked to lead the conference.

I see a minimum of a 9-3, but more likely a 10-2 or 11-1 season.  Then again, we might win them all.

173436[/snapback]

Your reply is useless. Go back and read the intent of this thread before proceeding.

QUOTE(WarTim @ Aug 10 2005, 06:39 AM)

Actually, the BEST we can "hope for" is 13-0. We are on a 15 game winning streak. Until somebody beats this team, well, I am giving no quarter to anyone.

p.s. 8-3 7-4? Just how bad do you think we are? Who are the FOUR teams that are better on our schedule? Just curious.

Aubie 7

Games we could lose: Make it 5

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

Guest Tigrinum Major

Are we talking the original point of the thread or the sidebar that you and WarTim created and then a bunch of people jumped you about, 7? Not a hijack of a thread, but a sidebar.

My point was that you were all about high expectations (for new coaches) for the baseball and basketball teams.

And Tim did not ask you how many games we might lose, he asked how many teams on the schedule did you think we better than Auburn. There is a difference in those two statements, just ask Wesley Britt. Seriously, the better team overall does not always win, the better team that particular day does.

So, who is BETTER than us overall on the schedule in your opinion? The 5 you named?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Your reply is useless. Go back and read the intent of this thread before proceeding.

173533[/snapback]

Your attitude is useless. I realize this was not in response to my post, but it was the same general sentiments that I gather from some of your posts when presented with an opposing view. "I'm Aubie7 and I know more than you..." That was a paraphrased exaggeration, so don't get all defensive.

You seem more than willing to argue and there are many that will oblige you, including myself. You used to get my blood pressure up, but then I realized that an internet scuffle wasn't worth it.

Good luck with that half full glass ya got there, 7.

Aubie7,

I just came here to read and found your disturbing post. Last season I predicted 11-0 regular season and know for a fact that I was not alone. There was a pick'em thread on another board that required that you pick the winner and ponts b-4 the start of the season. I was 29th and there were another 20 or so behind me that missed the scores but got the 11-0.

That said I have to call you to task about your statement "Let's don't get to high. The best we can hope for right now is 8 wins, 7 if we screw one up.". Several people have disagreed with that and you have told them " never said we would lose any of these games. I never said I expected we would lose any of these games. If you are going to argue, the at least have a vaild point and go back and read everything invovled before putting in your two cents worth.". If the best is 8 wins then that means we MUST lose the others. If you are going to make a statement then atleast have the cajones to stand by it.

Don't mean to flame but this is one of my 1st visits here and just decided to let you know how I, as a stranger here, precieved it.

:hearts::au:

QUOTE(WarTim @ Aug 10 2005, 06:39 AM)

Actually, the BEST we can "hope for" is 13-0. We are on a 15 game winning streak. Until somebody beats this team, well, I am giving no quarter to anyone. 

p.s. 8-3 7-4? Just how bad do you think we are? Who are the FOUR teams that are better on our schedule? Just curious.

Aubie 7

Games we could lose: Make it 5

Ga Tech

Arkansas

LSU

Georgia

UAT

173534[/snapback]

arkansas...ARKANSAS? :blink:

Come on. Have a LITTLE Faith. :au:

Yea, on a side bar :big: Arkansas?? They were pitiful last year and one of the worst defensive teams in the conference. They lost their identity and realistically 75-80% of their offense in Matt Jones. They have no clear cut leader at QB and very little experience among that group. D'arrius Howard is their big gun at running back.

Arky should be competitive(Nutt has a way of making them that way) but should be no more than middle of the pack at best.

There will have to be a loss before I will believe it can happen.  I believe we can beat anyone on our schedule; therefore, I believe we will beat everyone on our schedule.

WAR EAGLE!!!

173414[/snapback]

Again, that is not the point of this thread. Possible teams we could lose to is the point. If you don't think something can happen, until it happens, then you are in for a long, hard, disappointing life. However, it is good to have an upbeat attitude about things.

PS- Did you think, before last season started, that we would beat every team on the schedule? Of course not, so why think it now.

173417[/snapback]

"If you don't think something [AU being beaten] can happen, until it happens, then you are in for a long, hard, disappointing life." This seems to be an illogical statement on the surface and the more I think about it the more illogical it becomes. The negativity involved in anticipating losing 4 or 5 games before a season starts would to me make for a long, hard, disappointing season even when the season is otherwise fantastic ... as was last year. I wonder if you were continually expecting to lose last year as the victories continued to stack up? I always expect to win the next game... one at a time.

It's Scott Moore. Big bammie grad but he couldn't make it in the Alabama market. He's actually pretty fair in his treatment of Auburn. McKinney is an ole Missy grad and acts too down home for my likes

My company has sent me to Crestview, FL to train for several weeks and so I have been listening to the local sports talk show (Sports Rap on 98.1 the ticket) which is hosted by Scott McKinney of Southern Sports tonight and some other dude named Scott.  Anyway this morning the other dude named Scott said he was going to T-town to catch Bama's practice today and would report back.  He then said he was at Auburn yesterday.  and when McKinney asked him how they looked the other Scott said that, "they looked tremendous."

They bantered a little bit and the dude said that Cox looks very impressive and that the team looked close to what they were last year.  He said something like it is scary how good they looked.

173271[/snapback]

It's Scott Moore.  Big bammie grad but he couldn't make it in the Alabama market.  He's actually pretty fair in his treatment of Auburn.  McKinney is an ole Missy grad and acts too down home for my likes
My company has sent me to Crestview, FL to train for several weeks and so I have been listening to the local sports talk show (Sports Rap on 98.1 the ticket) which is hosted by Scott McKinney of Southern Sports tonight and some other dude named Scott.  Anyway this morning the other dude named Scott said he was going to T-town to catch Bama's practice today and would report back.  He then said he was at Auburn yesterday.  and when McKinney asked him how they looked the other Scott said that, "they looked tremendous."

They bantered a little bit and the dude said that Cox looks very impressive and that the team looked close to what they were last year.  He said something like it is scary how good they looked.

173271[/snapback]

173674[/snapback]

Thanks, Scoot Moore. I was having a brain fart with that dudes name.

Archived