Junior Day Visitors Freeze Style

toddc

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If we agree to this does it mean we are agreeing you are an idiot? Not wanting to be derogatory.

You wouldn't be the only person to agree to that 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

🤯 @UCF_Recruiting hosted just under one THOUSAND recruits in The Kingdom this weekend!

And I was impressed with 204! But we definitely had some of our top targets on campus and we all know Gus cannot recruit Oline! 

Way too many IMO.  That’s just inviting any breathing body that wants to come. 

You want a balance of getting those really quality players in but also a feeling of exclusivity.  Nothing exclusive about 1000 players for a staff to try to manage.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, PotPot said:

Not to defend Harsin, but to maybe find something positive in the aftermath: Wasn’t he instrumental in building up the “behind the scenes” staffing and organizational structure of the recruiting department? If so, did any of that survive the fallout?

Problem with a lot of that staff is they were crap and obviously not up to the task.  See Darren Usher.  

Anything remotely positive Harsin did was completely offset (we me at least) with all the negative he brought especially the toxicity in the locker room and how players were affected by him and his potato posse.  

I’m glad that we beat a downtrodden LSU team on the verge of firing their own problem HC and that Nix got to experience that in an AU uniform, but I would trade that for an L if it meant Harsin had never stepped foot on Auburn’s campus. 

The ONLY positive I see is that he was so damn bad it fully unified those that needed to be united to make significant changes at Auburn.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 4

Playmaking LB ‘loved’ first Auburn visit

AUBURN | Linebacker coach Josh Aldridge offered at Liberty.

As soon as Aldridge arrived at Auburn, he was quick to offer the outside ‘backer from Brunswick, Ga., once again.

“He’s a good coach,” said Smith. “He was one of my first offers from Liberty. Came here and offered me. I like him.”

Smith already has offers from nearly every SEC school.
Smith already has offers from nearly every SEC school. (Bryan Matthews/AuburnSports.com)

Smith, 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, already has 27 offers including LSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Nebraska, North Carolina and Cincinnati.

He visited Auburn for the first time Saturday for a Junior Day.

“I loved it,” said Smith. “I loved the way they bond with us, they teach us about how they develop us as a person. Not just as a football player, but after football. That’s important.”

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

6'3" | 220 lbs | OLB | 2024

Smith is not ready to name any favorites just yet but he is planning to return to Auburn later this spring for a practice.

“I see them being up there,” said Smith of Auburn. “I don’t have a top right now but I just have a couple of schools that I know because I’ve still got offers coming in. I ain’t really leaning nowhere.”

He plans to attend Alabama’s Junior Day March 1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Problem with a lot of that staff is they were crap and obviously not up to the task.  See Darren Usher.  

Anything remotely positive Harsin did was completely offset (we me at least) with all the negative he brought especially the toxicity in the locker room and how players were affected by him and his potato posse.  

I’m glad that we beat a downtrodden LSU team on the verge of firing their own problem HC and that Nix got to experience that in an AU uniform, but I would trade that for an L if it meant Harsin had never stepped foot on Auburn’s campus. 

The ONLY positive I see is that he was so damn bad it fully unified those that needed to be united to make significant changes at Auburn.  

Yep, to truly understand what “Good” looks like you really need to have experienced “Bad” so I suppose we can thank the Spud Pluckers for that!