Junior Day Visitors Freeze Style

toddc

Freeze and staff are busting azz on the recruiting trail and I am seriously impressed.

That said, there is a lot of undertow to overcome, from Gus through Harsin, there is down current to battle.

I love how Freeze and staff have fought to make up ground lost. It will take a couple more years, I think. A good season in 2023 woukd sure boost the recruiting success.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Over 200 showed up today.

Last year...17

and all of a sudden there is competition for the relatively few spots open.   We can start being very picky over who we want.      

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

38 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Well in fairness Harsin was planning the big recruiting trip to Mexico about this time last year...Priorities and all

The modern day duck hunting 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I dont think we have to worry about spots in this new era.  The portal works both ways.  Gone are the days when we didnt want to pull a scholly cause a kid would have to sit a year after transferring.  If they think the grass is greener and want to enter the portal, we too can think a spot on the roster would be better suited to a performer.  If we are paying, they better be playin.  

Speaking of, anyone catch the news about Saban and the portal.  Said one of his starters wanted 500K and to pay for his girlfriend to go to law school at Bama and he told him to hit the road...they say it was Cohen but he did not mention a name only said it was a starter....and he has only lost one true starter in the last portal so go figure.  

• Like 4

I like how the staff brought in particular recruits during more “quiet” weekends so they could spend more one on one time with them.  We usually tend to want to get them all on a big Jr day but I assume this staff will host a “Big Cat” type event where you could then bring them back with a larger group?  

Also sounds like they made quite the impression on Riddick…especially Aldridge.  I saw where Riddick was quoted as saying he was “the best LB coach ever”.  

This time last year we were sitting waiting to see if Harsin was going to get fired and now here we are, with what appears to be a competent staff that KNOWS how recruiting works. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Two of the most underrated aspects of recruiting are momentum and competition. This staff is excelling at both.  Imagine coming to AU for visit and seeing 200 other recruits. If you like what you see and want to be a part of it, you better jump or your spot may not be there later. For too long recruits have been comfortable slow playing Auburn. I will be surprised if our recruiting class is not mostly full by the fall. The days of having only 10 or 12 commits in November are behind us. Very excited for the future. WDE 🦅 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Two of the most underrated aspects of recruiting are momentum and competition. This staff is excelling at both.  Imagine coming to AU for visit and seeing 200 other recruits. If you like what you see and want to be a part of it, you better jump or your spot may not be there later. For too long recruits have been comfortable slow playing Auburn. I will be surprised if our recruiting class is not mostly full by the fall. The days of having only 10 or 12 commits in November are behind us. Very excited for the future. WDE 🦅 

Excellent point, haven't thought of it that way.

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Last year...17

That number is much higher than the player count we expected, and I wonder if it includes coaches and parents, or just players? 

Edited by im4au

36 minutes ago, im4au said:

That number is much higher than the player count we expected, and I wonder if it includes coaches and parents, or just players? 

And if it is including parents just think of the impression they left with too. Every connection helps. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Last year...17

So "Just Watch", the epic anthology by Brian Harsin, was intended to unfold over a 12 year period. 

He should have probably cut that time in 1/3.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Any good updates on individual players? I expected there to be a lot of chatter today but the silence is deafening 

A lot? This is NFL championship day. Good time to spend with the family. A lot is not going to transpire after junior day besides initiating foundational relationships for the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

A lot? This is NFL championship day. Good time to spend with the family. A lot is not going to transpire after junior day besides initiating foundational relationships for the future. 

Maybe not “a lot.” But at least some about this guy or that guy feeling good about auburn. Potential upcoming commitments, etc. Hoping some of our more connected posters would have things to share. I’m not a big nfl guy so I hadn’t thought about that. Forgive me. December signing period and transfer portal has me spoiled.

• Like 1

Just now, Jgarrett7 said:

Maybe not “a lot.” But at least some about this guy or that guy feeling good about auburn. Potential upcoming commitments, etc. Hoping some of our more connected posters would have things to share. I’m not a big nfl guy so I hadn’t thought about that. Forgive me. December signing period and transfer portal has me spoiled.

Take a look at the nest if you are Privy to it. Some new info added.