Big Loss For LSU

Dlewis23

:no:   poor guy any mention of a medical redshirt

173946[/snapback]

Not yet, but I'm sure it'll come up.

Bummer for Broussard & the imposter Tigers on the bayou. I don't see any reason he can't get a medical redshirt, however. I wish him well.

Just a reminder of how close any of us are to a season-impacting injury (as Bama knows all to well). Hope we can continue to be reasonably healthy.

Will Joseph Addai be used more primarily as a running back or as a wideout?  Seems like Addai is good enough that the drop won't be too bad.

173954[/snapback]

Addai is a running back not a WR.....In my opinion he is the better back of the bunch, but Broussards big bruising body will be greatly missed in short yardage situations. Addai was neck and neck with Broussard for the starter and probably going to be named co-starters. Addai and Broussard are LSU's equivelant of Caddy and Brown.....if you lose one it hurts, but you never really lose confidence in the other getting it done, especially with Vincent (Tre Smith) behind him.

I know injuries are never good but once they happen you have to look at the good things you can take from it. Assuming and hoping Broussard makes a full recovery he will be around until 2007.....he is going to be one of those players that you wonder "hasn't he been there for like 8 yrs".

This is Addai's chance to shine and in my opinion he has been the most under utilized player I have seen come through LSU. He will be the main man and hopefully will continue with his 6.8 yds a carry he had last season. He catches great out of the backfield (Reggie Bush like).....so he will be the man to lead this team this season.

Again losing Broussard hurts, but i'm looking at the bright side ADDAI WILL GET MORE TOUCHES!!!!

Oh yeah...forgot about Vincent. That dude dropped off the face of the earth after the Oklahoma game.

It could be worse for the cajuns I guess...

I think Geaux said it pretty well except I don't agree that Alley/Addai were going to be Co-Starters.

I think Alley was going to take over the #1 spot.

He was the man last year and was going to be it again....near impossibly it seemed to take him down.

Not that sold on Addai as much as a lot of other people down here but we will see.

I think Geaux said it pretty well except I don't agree that Alley/Addai were going to be Co-Starters.

I think Alley was going to take over the #1 spot.

He was the man last year and was going to be it again....near impossibly it seemed to take him down.

Not that sold on Addai as much as a lot of other people down here but we will see.

174057[/snapback]

well actually Miles and coaches had hinted around that Addai was ahead of Broussard coming out of Spring practice. But really regardless its like saying Caddy was the starter for AU and Brown was his backup.....it really didn't matter because the carries didn't differ that much.

I don't really understand why your not sold on Addai, he is the complete package of speed and enough power to get the extra yds. The guy fights for more extra yards than any back i have seen at LSU. Addai averaged almost 7yds a carry last year and he catches the ball really well. I don't know if any of you saw the end of the Florida game last season when LSU turned a last minute drive into a touchdown....but LSU traveled about 65 yds in the final minute and EVERY yd was gained by Addai, it was purely amazing what he did in that game. You maybe refering to his early fumbling problems he had early in his career at LSU, but that is done with and he isn't having those problems anymore.

Its really terrible what happend to Broussard, but many LSU fans agree that while thats the bad news, the good news is Addai will get more touches.

well actually Miles and coaches had hinted around that Addai was ahead of Broussard coming out of Spring practice.

Where? Everything I read in the Times-Picyune said it was Alley's year.

Granted, I may NOT have read something so I am not saying you are wrong...I had just never seen that reported.

well actually Miles and coaches had hinted around that Addai was ahead of Broussard coming out of Spring practice.

Where? Everything I read in the Times-Picyune said it was Alley's year.

Granted, I may NOT have read something so I am not saying you are wrong...I had just never seen that reported.

174074[/snapback]

well coming out of spring practice Miles said the RB's were in the order of Addai, Broussard, Vincent, and Carey...... He has also said other things during the summer hinting that Addai is slightly ahead of Broussard coming out of Spring practice.

Also here is a link from TigerRag.com about Broussard's injury....the last sentence states that Broussard was #2 behind Addai coming into Fall practice...but like I had said earlier, it really wouldn't have matter which one was listed 1 or 2 because they will probably both see the field about the same amount

http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/423582.html

that really sucks about broussard. i'm an auburn man all the way, but i'm also a huge football fan. he was one of the players i liked watching the most in the country, much less the sec. i actually told a friend of mine last year that a great thing auburn had going for it heading into the lsu game last year was that alley wasn't going to start. he was always the most talented guy in that trio, even when vincent was torching the world or addai putting up playstation numbers (7 ypc?). i'll miss watching the big fella this year. i really hope he recovers completely.

as for the running game this year, you can kill the pipe dream of 7 yards a carry right now. no feature back in the sec is going to clip that. if he's getting the clutch late game carries, the goal line touches, he's not going to put up that number. and don't insult the guy by comparing him to the most overrated player in the nation (for a third consecutive season... although maybe he shared the title in 2003 with heisman winner jason white), reggie bush. addai can actually play running back in addition to catching the rock; bush is a receiver that takes carries away from their best running back, lendale white.

(not to get too far off subject, but does anyone think it's a fluke that white was held under 100 yards rushing in 4 games last year and three of them were ucla, oregon state, and stanford? you wanna beat usc, you stop lendale white. bush isn't a real threat as a runner, and leinart rarely has to win a game all by himself. it's not fool proof, but it gives you a shot.)

lsu's running game will be fine. addai won't get the PS2 numbers, but he's a solid, solid back, and jv can't be that bad. he was completely overhyped as a frosh (that oline did 80% of his work), but he's a good player. i'm still looking forward to playing you guys, but i wish i'd get to see the big fella. i thought he was in the running for best back in the sec (with riggs and norwood... don't even give me that darby or tbrown or ware crap, those guys are just a cut below the other three)

that really sucks about broussard. i'm an auburn man all the way, but i'm also a huge football fan. he was one of the players i liked watching the most in the country, much less the sec. i actually told a friend of mine last year that a great thing auburn had going for it heading into the lsu game last year was that alley wasn't going to start. he was always the most talented guy in that trio, even when vincent was torching the world or addai putting up playstation numbers (7 ypc?). i'll miss watching the big fella this year. i really hope he recovers completely.

as for the running game this year, you can kill the pipe dream of 7 yards a carry right now. no feature back in the sec is going to clip that. if he's getting the clutch late game carries, the goal line touches, he's not going to put up that number. and don't insult the guy by comparing him to the most overrated player in the nation (for a third consecutive season... although maybe he shared the title in 2003 with heisman winner jason white), reggie bush. addai can actually play running back in addition to catching the rock; bush is a receiver that takes carries away from their best running back, lendale white.

(not to get too far off subject, but does anyone think it's a fluke that white was held under 100 yards rushing in 4 games last year and three of them were ucla, oregon state, and stanford? you wanna beat usc, you stop lendale white. bush isn't a real threat as a runner, and leinart rarely has to win a game all by himself. it's not fool proof, but it gives you a shot.)

lsu's running game will be fine. addai won't get the PS2 numbers, but he's a solid, solid back, and jv can't be that bad. he was completely overhyped as a frosh (that oline did 80% of his work), but he's a good player. i'm still looking forward to playing you guys, but i wish i'd get to see the big fella. i thought he was in the running for best back in the sec (with riggs and norwood... don't even give me that darby or tbrown or ware crap, those guys are just a cut below the other three)

174080[/snapback]

while I do agree with you on Reggie Bush being overrated, my main point was that he can do it all, Addai can line up at reciever or running back, the man just needs to be on the field.

you say "7 ypc?" don't know what you mean by the question mark......but Addai did average 6.8 yds a carry with Broussard at 6.1. And Addai did get the clutch late game carries, Broussard only carried the ball an average of 3-4 more times a game than Addai......it wasn't like Boussard was the "feature" back.

And about Vincent yes the oline played a huge role, but to say he was "completely overhyped" as a freshman is a bit too much wouldn't you say. He was named the MVP of the SECCG and the NC game, as a freshman. Oline or not, the man deserved his props. He got MUCH less props than Clarett got after his freshman season and had equal stats, talk about "completely overhyped"?

I agree losing Broussard is going to be a big loss but i think it is good we are deep at running back. We can not afford to lose anymore for any length of time.

Injuries are the intangible no one can predict.

I must say Aubarn fans have shown alot of class in this thread and on tigerforums in dealing with talking about the injury.

I always hate to see players get hurt no matter what team they play for.

Even though we are competing with each other and fighting for the West title every year i always pull for SEC Teams and what is best for the conference as a whole.

Every now and then i like to stir the pot a little with you guys but i enjoy talking football with you.

Good Luck in the West except for the LSU Tigers game.

I don't see any reason he can't get a medical redshirt, however.

173958[/snapback]

He hasnt redshirted yet, so he most definitely will receive a redshirt this year.

Remember, the only difference between a medical redshirt and a regular redshirt is that medical redshirts can be given to players that have played in games during the early part of the season. The season hasnt started yet, so there is no reason to apply for a medical redshirt. His will be the garden variety.

The common misconception is that players can be redshirted twice if one is received for medical reasons resulting from a serious injury. This is untrue. Any college athlete may only receive one redshirt, ever, period. Sometimes players are awarded a 6th year of eligibility due to hardship, but they are still only credited with a single redshirt year.

A big loss for the Bengals but Saban didn't leave the team without talent for Miles to coach. Alley is a big brusier at tailback and if Saban and Fisher hadn't screwed up personel in the previous LSU/AU game, LSU would have won just by running Alley the rest of the second half. Maybe for LSU's sake Justin Vincent will come back into the limelight and not stay in the dog house.

geaux, maybe i should've used this punctuation instead: 7 ypc?!? i simply meant that pulling seven yards a pop is surreal. and yeah, in watching lsu last year, it did always seem that alley was the one getting most of the carries, taking most of the hits. i was interested so i looked it up. addai had more carries in a game only twice: arkansas state and troy (any idea why alley only got the ball 5 times there? late in the season when he was starting? just wondering). so i'd definitely say he was your main guy last year.

and my comment about jv wasn't meant as a knock on him. it was a knock on the idiot, talking heads on tv who watch games without a clue what they're seeing. he was playing really well. he was putting up great numbers, but at no point was he ever on the talent level of caddilac or ronnie or even shaud williams for that matter. when i call him completely overhyped i'm referencing the idiots who listed him as a preseason first team all-sec back, darkhorse heisman candidate as a soph. when he wasn't even the best soph running back on his team. he had a great year, and he was pretty fun to watch. the problem was that the analyst gave him too much credit (a lot like they did with clarett although he actually was a little more important to osu than jv was b/c they didn't really have competent backups).

again, i'm looking forward to seein you guys down in baton rouge. i have no doubt the running game will be sorted out by then. i'll be praying for alley's recovery.

addai had more carries in a game only twice: arkansas state and troy (any idea why alley only got the ball 5 times there? late in the season when he was starting? just wondering).

174300[/snapback]

I think he had some sort of thigh bruise or something. I remember him being a little dinged up around that time.

Archived