Who do you hate/dislike after our Archrival?

DKW 86

Who do you hate/dislike more after our Archrival? :sec: and OOC too.

:sec::om: and :lsu: I can take and respect all the rest of the :sec: . I even like the :lsu: team and coaches. But their fans.... :shoot: As far as :om: I would keep the first team in if we were up by 40. The worst loss for me in the last several years, behind :ua: 01 was the :om: loss in 2003. I want to humiliate the :om: fans every chance we get. :flame::om:

OOC: Miami, FSU, and Oklahoma just for the fan arrogance factor. I can respect USC until they get beat.

I guess what I hate about Bama is the fact that they claim 12 national championships when they only have 6 that are legit.

173971[/snapback]

:blink: That wasn't the question Dothan. :blink:

As I've gotten older, it's harder for me to work up an actual hatred for other teams/fans. Don't get me wrong. I'm a Barfield Survivor and was confronted daily with the full measure of bammie arrogance in the Bear's golden years. However, I think the simple entertainment factor associated with uat & their fans nowadays will always keep me grounded. ( :big: )

If I had to choose an SEC team then I'd say LSU in a squeaker over UT -- mainly because they're now our main rival to win the SEC West Div.

Well stated, AULoggerhead. I'm with you.... I too survived the Barfield era and the Bryant years and a lot of these young whippersnappers have NO IDEA of how far we have come. The best part now is there's no limit to how far we can go! WDE! :au::big:

In the SEC, I like everyone except UT. (Ole Miss fans do get on my nerves a great deal, but Ive always liked their teams)

Outside of the SEC: I dont like Texas or A&M. I dont care too much for Miami. And Im not really upset when Notre Dame loses.

I hate Ohio State. They're media and NCAA darlings. They've been caught cheating but nothing comes of it, they squeak by weak teams and are glorified (kinda like USC, but at least they stomp people every once in a while), and... they cover their helmets with little stickers.

FSU is on the crap list... for the same reasons everyone else doesn't like them.

I don't like UT, but it is fun beating them like they stole something.

I don't like the other UT either... unearned respect and glory.

I do like UGA and LSU (but not most of the LSU fans). They've got good programs and players, are pretty clean, and are very competitive. I liked Miami when I was younger, no real reason, but definately don't like some of their former players' attitude.

There is no team that can touch Bammer for me, but I do strongly dislike Ole Miss. In '03 the loss was painful, but the classlessness of their fans was awful, chanting hotty totty in the middle of our alma mater.

(what the hell is a hotty totty??)

The top 10 teams I dislike the most:

1. bama

2. Georgia Tech

3. FSU

4. Notre Dame

5..Ohio State

6. Southern Cal

7. Virginia (I'm a Va. Tech grad also but this rivalry isn't like us and bama)

8. Oklahoma (and I actually did grad work there also)

9. Michigan

10. Syracuse (never did like them but the Tie Dye deal sealed it for me)

This is not even close.

NOT EVEN CLOSE

South Carolina

Hell, I like Spurrier....this doesn't have a thing to do with him.

I have been to two USC/UGA games in 2002 and 2004 at their own place. It was horrible. I was treated horribly. I had things thrown at me, guys try fighting me, and others mocking me about UGA Football.

Now, I have no problem with fans mocking UGA football at away games....I think that is part of the experience....but USC fans mocking others?

When Auburn, Tenn, Florida, and other schools fans do it....I may argue back but I dont mind it

South Carolina? They are a freakin football JOKE.

Their fans act as if they are god's gift to football when in reality they should be in Division 2

Slink, I saw a :usc: legends show on some cable channel a while back. It was pre-empted by the Gerry DiNardo :lsu: show... Long while ago. Brad Scott was still the coach at :usc:

Anyway, the whole show was: George Rogers, he never won a bowl game. :blink:

USC, had never won a bowl game and had only been to like 2-3 before Holtz.

The show centered on their fans...not the team accomplishments. The Cabooses near the stadium, the 2001 opening, tailgating, "If it aint swaying, we aint playing."

Some of what little bit Holtz did do there may be forfeited soon.

The only thing :usc: has accomplished: Beat OSU twice in the Outback Bowl, and probably got Donnan fired at :uga: And that may have been a good thing for :uga:

I have never seen a fan base have their entire program hinge on their two wins against us in 2000 and 2001.

To this day we get told about how we suck because we lost those games.

I really think that in 2105 when USC has gone another 100 years of losing....they will still talk about those two wins against UGA.

USC's fan base is over-rated.

If AU, UGA, UT, or UF had horrible records in the upcoming years....they would still sell-out, imo.

I honestly hate them with every inch of my body.

Whats great too is that when USC does win the East (if that ever happens)....my lord will their fans go nuts and start talking about dynastys and other ridiculous notions

In the SEC, any team the week after they beat AUBURN. But after last year I am pretty laid back. Ole Miss fans have been pretty obnoxious and overly stupid since CTT came to AU. Over the past years 20 years or so many Florida fans have gone overboard in their regard of their Gators. Until Spurrier, I don't think they had ever won anything on a consistent basis. Before a game LSU fans can be pretty over the top and vulgar. But if they loose, they tend to slither off quietly into the bayou. Mississippi State frat boys talk smack before games but are usually looking for a stump broke heifer before dark.

In no particular order:

Ohio State

FSU

Oklahoma

Colorado

I agree with Slink about the SC fans. They are more delusional than Bammers. That's right. I said it.

At least Bammers have past glory (albeit ill-begotten) in which to revel and gloat. The Gamecocks have had one Heisman trophy winner and one 10-win season. I know this because I was there for both of them.

Don't get me wrong. I still love George Rogers, dumb as he is. If you'd been a 10-year-old boy watching him run all over the place, you'd have thought he was the coolest man in the world, too. Remember, this was 1980 - before Bo and just as a freshman named Herschel was coming on the scene.

The 10 win season in '84 was fun, too. It really was. But that's all these clowns have. They SUCKED before and they've SUCKED since. Holtz or no Holtz, Spurrier or no Spurrier, they'll never be any better than mediocre. THANK GOD I SAW THE LIGHT AND WENT TO AUBURN.

Now, I just pray we beat them on October 1, or I'll have an entire field full of crows to eat. At least I know Kenny Irons will be at his peak for that one. He's the man.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

:om: and :ut: . I agree with David 100% about the Rebs. If I were CTT, I would give CAB the green light to hang 70 on them by halftime, then come out in the second half and hang another 70 on them. I'd keep the first string in until the last drive, then have the second team score the final TD with :02 left in the game. Maybe that would finally shut them up. The Rebs are a pretty pompous lot for a third tier team with nothing to brag about since the '50's.

:ut: used to be one of my favorite's, but they are nothing more than a halfway house now. Fulmer has sold that program out to thugs in order to win.

Outside the SEC, in no particular order:

Oklahoma

Ohio State

Marshall

F$U

Texas

The PAC-10

Notre Dame

Alabama is without a doubt at the top of my hate list but #2 really differ from year to year. It's really a competition thing for me. I would say :lsu: is at the top of that list now. It use to be :ut: and :uf: but now that :au: doesn't play them every year it takes away from it a little bit. My hate for :ut: began when I was about 9 years old and a :ut: fan hit me in the stomach with a beer. I also had a bad experience at Neyland Stadium in 1991. A lot of the new age :au: fans don't know anything about the rivalry with :ut: . I never really had much against :om: till I went there in 1992. I got into it with some drunk frat boys but I got over it. I didn't really develope a hate for them until 1999. The way they showed their :moon: that day moved them way up on my list. Even though they are :au: 's second biggest rival, I've never really developed a hate for :uga: . Although I did loose some respect for their fans at the 1997 game. It's probably because my cousin played there in the mid to late 50's. Also my sister in law is a :uga: graduate.

:ut: the sleaziest, dirtest program in all of college football history. I would be surprized if 25% of their players in the last 15 years could actually read at an 8th grade level. As a program, administration, and fan base they have no understanding of morals or ethics.

Miami - because they are a whisper away from being :ut: .

Texas - If you have never experienced the arrogance of Texas fans it is astonishing - much like Bama has never lost a game because the other team was better but because their players or coaches made mistakes, Texas fans believe that every single game they have ever lost was because the other team cheated. They truly do not believe that any other school has ever produced a better football team than they have.

Michigan - I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe it was when they were awarded a NC they did not earn in '97. They could have declined the Pose Bowl bid and played Nebraska in the Orange Bowl but they didn't because they would have lost by 60. Maybe it is because they were a premier program 50 years ago but the media stills acts like they are despite the fact that they play in a traditionally mediocre conference and almost always lose 3 games a year. I think the beginning of my dislike for Michigan, however, was when Schembechler proclaimed that Bo Jackson could never rush for 100 yards against a Big 10 defense prior to 1984 Sugar Bowl. Bo did and won MVP honors for the game.

Penn State - Jo Pa is dirty and so is his program despite what the media wants to believe. How many of Paterno's victories came against the 1AA opponents that litered the Penn State schedule prior to joining the Big 10 (11)? 55 - 60% I would bet. Paterno is such an amazing cry baby! The game where he chased the officials because they blew a call in overtime was hypocritical since the officials stepped in on Penn State's behalf in the third quarter. Otherwise, not only would have lost that game in regulation but they would have lost by more than three touchdowns.

:msu: - and it pains me that Crooms is there because he is really a stand up guy. I won't get nearly as much joy out of watching Tubb's run up the score on them now.

I agree with Slink about the SC fans. They are more delusional than Bammers. That's right. I said it.

At least Bammers have past glory (albeit ill-begotten) in which to revel and gloat. The Gamecocks have had one Heisman trophy winner and one 10-win season. I know this because I was there for both of them.

Don't get me wrong. I still love George Rogers, dumb as he is. If you'd been a 10-year-old boy watching him run all over the place, you'd have thought he was the coolest man in the world, too. Remember, this was 1980 - before Bo and just as a freshman named Herschel was coming on the scene.

The 10 win season in '84 was fun, too. It really was. But that's all these clowns have. They SUCKED before and they've SUCKED since. Holtz or no Holtz, Spurrier or no Spurrier, they'll never be any better than mediocre. THANK GOD I SAW THE LIGHT AND WENT TO AUBURN.

Now, I just pray we beat them on October 1, or I'll have an entire field full of crows to eat. At least I know Kenny Irons will be at his peak for that one. He's the man.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

174086[/snapback]

Amen. I swear people think I am crazy. UF fans have apparently never had one bad experience with them. I posted this on their board and they went nuts over how great USC fans were and whatnot. :blink:

I have been to two games in Columbia, SC, and never had any problems. Their fans were friendly and courteous. We even had two take us on a tour of their decorated caboose's. It helped that AU won both games. I have been to AU vs. USC games in Auburn and their fans were great. Who knows how they would act if they won the game.

I have seen much more obnoxious over the top behavior at UF & LSU.

Go to Tigerforums.com sometime

Go to Baton Rouge as an opposing fan sometime.

Try going anywhere in Louisiana as an opposing fan sometime.

James Carville

Do this, and then tell me that your least favorite team in America is not LSU.

Only then will I believe you.

I've been too many SEC games home and away and have spoken with several types of fans. None, and I emphasize the word none, are worse than LSU fans. Yes, there are some good LSU fans out there, not all are bad, but I would put good money on the fact that 80% of the corndog nation is utterly worthless. Maybe more. They are the most vile group of individuals in college football period. I would rather spend an October in a third world country as opposed to spending it in Baton Rouge.

Do you really wanna know how bad I hate LSU and their fans? I would rather see UAT win ten national championships in a row as opposed to watching LSU win an SEC Championship.

UAT fans are delusional. LSU fans, the majority of which, are psycho, heartless, and mean.

Alex :sec::au:

LSU fans can be some of the most annoying and obnoxious fans I have ever run across, they act like that opposing fans should never step foot into Tiger Stadium, get a grip it isn't the "greatest" stadium ever but I did meet some pretty good LSU people who don't care much for the yahoos that give them a bad name. Ole Miss fans ticked me off in 03 with their Hotty Toddy during the Alma Mater, guess they are still mad about the Tubby thing, and what have they won over the last few decades....Indy bowls?

Oklahoma gets old after a while, they are good but look who they are playing, the Big 12 North is a joke and Mack couldn't win against them with Texas if it took a 100 tries. And all the hype of them in big games and what do they do, choke big time. I read on their message board about the MNC debacle this past season and one Sooner said our Sugar Bowl win was unimpressive, kinda like Oklahoma's effort against USC, 55-19 whoo hoo.

And when is the media gonna figure out that Notre Dame is a has been right now and they aren't going to be the National Power they once were, they haven't won a bowl game since the late 80's.

Well I knew that LSU would be very high on everyone's list, and not coincidently AU is my most hated team. But unlike most its not a pure hatred, its more of a love-hate relationship. I spent 12 years iving in Alabama and 2 yrs actually in Auburn going to school. About 80% of my closest friends from Alabama are AU fans, so you can understand my dislike for AU. Its mainly a bragging rights thing with my friends, but you get the point. I don't really hate the team, but mainly just like to see AU lose. But again its not too deep, I'm an SEC guy and will pull for AU if they are playing out of conference. Unless of course LSU just lost, then i have to pull against AU to counter my friends giving me hell :D:D

I promise that I don't have negative stories for everyone....but I have an Oklahoma story for everyone.

So....my sister graduated from Tenn in '98 and I am just done UGA. We both have had horrid times in Baton Rouge for our teams games at LSU and really would just love to see OU beat the snot out of LSU in the 2003 Sugar Bowl.

Literally, we almost wore OU jersey's....but we didnt.

So, we bring some friends/family to the Sugar Bowl (and several of them played for LSU and most went to LSU).....

When we get to the game, we are sitting in incredible seats at the 50....2nd level....we know some Sugar Bowl people so we get tickets every year. But remember, this was more of an older-type section, imo, and nowhere near the student section.

In front of us sit these OU fans.....2 old men, 2 young 20's guys, and this HS senior looking kid.

Before the game starts, the HS kid refuses to sit down the entire time. The game starts and the kick off happens and he still doesnt sit down. The LSU series goes on first and he still doesnt sit down. Finally, an LSU friend of mine (who played for them) asked him to sit down as people couldn't see. The kid turns around and says, "GO f*** yourself!!! I am going to f***ing stand if I want to at the NC game!!!".

So, we wait another two series and the kid still doesnt sit down so the LSU fans start to get a little angry and several start coming up to us and asking if we needed help sitting him down (college guys behind us who were quite drunk). We ask him to sit down again and he says the same thing to us.

Me and my sister never rooted for LSU so hard in our lives just to see this little SOB get trashed as he left the game and everytime LSU did something good.

Well, I guess the topic is who "after our archrival", but I can honestly say that anyone else ranks far, far behind my Bama hatred. Bama is the only SEC team I can't pull for in bowl games for the sake of the conference's reputation.

But if forced to choose, I guess I'd say I find it hardest to swallow Tennessee (except when they're embarrassing Bama). I hate how much unearned respect they've gotten from early polls over the years, and I think Fulmer is coaching a gang of criminals.

Every year that Spurrier increased Florida's level of conceit, my level of tolerance for them dropped. Don't think he'll have the talent to do that as USC.

Out of conference? Ohio State, Miami, Oklahoma, and of course, Southern Cal!

Interesting to me that no one has mentioned Georgia, considering how much trash talk gets directed at them nearer the AU/UGA game. Hope you also noticed, Southlink! I've always been pretty fond of the 'Dogs--perhaps because our game with them is like the oldest continuing series in the South. (and somebody in the East needs to take UT & UF down a notch!)

Quiet, I think anyone here that remembers me from the earlier days of SECFanatics site can attest that when I first joined....I hated Auburn....I had been to a lot of AU/LSU games in the late 90's and early 2000/2001 and boy did I just hate you all. Never really was a fan of LSU's though I just had so much family there rooting for them.

Then went to UGA and found the UGA/AU series to be somewhat respectful. Not that bad really. Granted, many who lives in Atlanta don't feel that way :big:

Archived