2023 AU Softball

6 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Didn't they hire or bring in a hitting instructor slash evaluator last year named Ken Brooke? I remember several post and articles related to both Lenti, Carisone, and this guy working hitting... CMD may be a good pitching coach and he is also the boss and hasn't made changes thus far....

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I think we are stuck for the next two - three years due to last year’s contract extension. 

They did bring in Ken Brook last year. I think he focuses on their swings, specifically as it relates to generating power. I’d have to guess Lenti focuses on approach and mindset of the hitters. The plan isn’t working no matter who handles what aspect. 

• Like 1

Dean coaches us like we are James Madison and not an SEC power.  Coaching style is for an under talented team.  That's why he constantly runs in hopes others make a mistake throwing you out than actually stringing hits together.  Also schedules teams that Madison would play.  He just doesn't know how to coach as an SEC team.  Think Kasey Cooper wants to coach? Other teams have success with alumni coming back in softball. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

War Eagle Ladies!!!

• Like 1

Maddie has been selected as SEC Pitcher of the year (over Fouts).  This is well deserved.  No other pitcher is more valuable to a team's success as Penta this year IMO.

• Like 1