Baseball v. Bama, Friday

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I thought pitching was our weakness? 🙃

It has been. Hopefully we will score about 10 for insurance. Just posted the same thread but thanks.

• Like 1

• homersapien changed the title to Baseball v. Bama, Friday
6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It has been. Hopefully we will score about 10 for insurance. Just posted the same thread but thanks.

Damn. Your good!

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this is the first time this year that our starter has made it through 3 innings in SEC play.   also gonzo is throwing again.  let's go!!!!!

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I was referring to your "hope" for more runs

😉

I know and thanks. Just no need for two threads.

Edited by SaltyTiger

Huge win on a great effort by Vail.  Continue to be perplexed by our pitching though. I’m watching Larue set up on the inside of a 7-8-9 hitter and our pitchers throw 3 straight non competitive balls to the outside. Never seen anything like it. 
If Nelson pounds the zone tonight, we have a chance to clinch the series and possibly sweep if we don’t have to go deep into our bullpen. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

• Like 2

3 HBPs in the ninth...   We are 13th in the conf in walks.   The mental aspect of baseball is tough.   The staff struggles with pounding the zone so the coaches rightfully get on them about throwing strikes.   It gets in their heads...  They start aiming the ball... Getting Gonzo back will cure a lot of this.   Veteran player who can command the zone.   Nelson's last few outings have been very impressive.   CBT made the point that he is the only pitcher to come to his office and ask to get the ball. 

• Like 2

Side note: our baseball team has been on an impressive run with Butch. Super Regionals and Omaha trips are happening. We’re playing Bama in a crucial mid year series. There are thousands of AU Family members on this site perpetually for Football and Basketball. But there’s less than a dozen of us even mentioning AU baseball. I wish our fanbase cared more about it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Side note: our baseball team has been on an impressive run with Butch. Super Regionals and Omaha trips are happening. We’re playing Bama in a crucial mid year series. There are thousands of AU Family members on this site perpetually for Football and Basketball. But there’s less than a dozen of us even mentioning AU baseball. I wish our fanbase cared more about it. 

GW, 100%.    I don't understand it.    CBT does it the right way with good kids who love Auburn (see e.g. Kason Howell).   I went to the Arkansas series, and their weekend attendance was 27,000.    9,000 people per game when the daily high temps were in the low 40's and the wind was blowing 10-20 knots.   It was miserable and the place was still packed.   If Jimmy Rane had not stepped up big time our NIL efforts this year would have been really bad.   Even with Jimmy's help we are still near the bottom in terms of NIL $$$$.   CBT loves Auburn (one of his daughter's and son-in-law's just moved back) but Mississippi State stinking it up like they are is not good for us.   If we don't do better in NIL, we will force his hand.

• Like 2

Down 3-0 in game 2 due to walks and HBP (again). Sheehan comes into pitch in the 4th and quickly loads the bases on HBP, HBP, and a walk. New pitcher comes in and walks the first batter he faces on 4 pitches. Time to turn this off and have an adult beverage or 2 or 3. War Eagle anyway! 

Edited by Gowebb11

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

GW, 100%.    I don't understand it.    CBT does it the right way with good kids who love Auburn (see e.g. Kason Howell).   I went to the Arkansas series, and their weekend attendance was 27,000.    9,000 people per game when the daily high temps were in the low 40's and the wind was blowing 10-20 knots.   It was miserable and the place was still packed.   If Jimmy Rane had not stepped up big time our NIL efforts this year would have been really bad.   Even with Jimmy's help we are still near the bottom in terms of NIL $$$$.   CBT loves Auburn (one of his daughter's and son-in-law's just moved back) but Mississippi State stinking it up like they are is not good for us.   If we don't do better in NIL, we will force his hand.

With you all the way and very perplexed. Maybe biased in opinion but Auburn baseball is one of the more enjoyable things on campus. Locals do a great job. Outside of that the following is poor. CBT is great and probably doing a better job than anyone could do here. He genuinely loves Auburn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Down 3-0 in game 2 due to walks and HBP (again). Sheehan comes into pitch in the 4th and quickly loads the bases on HBP, HBP, and a walk. New pitcher comes in and walks the first batter he faces on 4 pitches. Time to turn this off and have an adult beverage or 2 or 3. War Eagle anyway! 

Down 4-0 now. Enjoy 2 or 9 adult beverages during our comeback.