Dylan Mulvaney

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Did you watch the video?

Like I said - a gay guy with theatrical proclivities laughing all the way to the bank.

Is this a great country or what?  ;D

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, if you are referring to the original article, I (think) I agree with you.  It was a good piece. 

I seriously doubt Dylan is truly gender dysphoric.  I suspect he's just gay and jumped on a good money-making scheme using his natural "theatrical proclivities".

(I thought Sullivan's take on how both sides was taking him seriously was hilarious.)

I find the corporate response kinda fascinating. Why Dylan? Dylan’s campy, rarely serious and clearly seeking attention as opposed to Elliot Page who has discussed his struggles with dysphoria & identity. 

i think ichy is sincere in his apologies. i am pretty sure no one but jesus can look in his heart and know the truth but i believe him. you are wrong on this. ichy wants his opinion heard without offending people is what i have always taken from him. he has always been straight with me. it is a bad look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Did it hurt anyone?

Probably not. But like I said, It helped nothing.

On 4/21/2023 at 1:29 PM, TexasTiger said:

I think this is a pretty balanced take by Andrew Sullivan who states he’s more irritated by the Right’s reaction than the Left’s, but recognizes both miss the mark. I do wonder how anyone can watch this video and not find it any more than a performance— a mockery of both women (or as Dylan mockingly calls it “girlhood.”) and trans women who genuinely struggle with what they are experiencing. Before reacting to this post, actually watch the video in its entirety. It’s a fascinating study about where we currently are on what is a far more challenging experience for many:

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/the-strange-minstrelsy-of-dylan-mulvaney-0be?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

So is she or he a “real man of genius”?Bud Light will be in demand by the barge loads Memorial Day weekend.

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

There are many real problems in our world,,, this is not one of them.

This is something I can completely agree with.  "1st World problems".... SMH.   But for some reason it keeps getting thrown to the top of the pile

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GoAU said:

This is something I can completely agree with.  "1st World problems".... SMH.   But for some reason it keeps getting thrown to the top of the pile

We have an attraction for distraction.  IMO, those who currently own our government (and the media) would rather us focus on "non issues" than take the time to reflect and realize just where all the money and benefits are going.   The only conspiracy in this country is happening in the open. 

• Like 1

Whether Dylan cosplays his way into a Bud Light promo deal isn't important.  The overall message that being a woman is primarily how one feels rather than biological reality is.  And all the s*** that gloms on to it like putting children on puberty blockers, putting someone on crosssex hormones and such.  These things have long term consequences and some things that we simply don't know because we're largely operating on faith rather than hard data and documented outcomes.

Then there's the ways that these hormonal treatments intersect with irreversible surgical interventions such as this:

https://thepostmillennial.com/trans-teen-died-from-vaginoplasty-complications-during-landmark-dutch-study-used-to-justify-child-sex-changes

I'll warn you if you search for this story online...there are photos that have gotten out and it's graphic and disturbing.  This story doesn't link to them and I'm not posting them here either.  But basically because this healthy young boy was put on puberty blockers, it stunted the growth of his penis.  And because he didn't have enough penile tissue to perform a regular vaginoplasty, they used a section of his colon.  Not only is that a far more invasive surgery, it introduces other complications such as what happened here:  e.coli from the boy's colon caused an infection leading to necrotizing fasciitis - essentially a flesh-eating disease where the tissue around his new "vagina" began to rapidly die and spread to the rest of his body.  He died several days later after multiple rounds of antibiotics and debriding failed to help.

Even when not fatal, you have still serious situations such as Jazz Jennings, the young boy featured in "I Am Jazz" who transitioned to a girl.  Because of the same issue with puberty blockers, Jazz had to forgo the regular vaginoplasty using penile tissue for this more risky procedure.  Jazz has now had three corrective surgeries, and has never experienced (and will never experience) orgasm.

This s*** actually matters.  Not because Dylan likes to cartoonishly act out as a woman.  Not because some beer company put his face on a can.  But because of stuff like this.  It's damaging and ruinous.  And we act like it's not big deal and anyone that raises the bleeding obvious red flags is being reactionary.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Whether Dylan cosplays his way into a Bud Light promo deal isn't important.  The overall message that being a woman is primarily how one feels rather than biological reality is.  And all the s*** that gloms on to it like putting children on puberty blockers, putting someone on crosssex hormones and such.  These things have long term consequences and some things that we simply don't know because we're largely operating on faith rather than hard data and documented outcomes.

Then there's the ways that these hormonal treatments intersect with irreversible surgical interventions such as this:

https://thepostmillennial.com/trans-teen-died-from-vaginoplasty-complications-during-landmark-dutch-study-used-to-justify-child-sex-changes

I'll warn you if you search for this story online...there are photos that have gotten out and it's graphic and disturbing.  This story doesn't link to them and I'm not posting them here either.  But basically because this healthy young boy was put on puberty blockers, it stunted the growth of his penis.  And because he didn't have enough penile tissue to perform a regular vaginoplasty, they used a section of his colon.  Not only is that a far more invasive surgery, it introduces other complications such as what happened here:  e.coli from the boy's colon caused an infection leading to necrotizing fasciitis - essentially a flesh-eating disease where the tissue around his new "vagina" began to rapidly die and spread to the rest of his body.  He died several days later after multiple rounds of antibiotics and debriding failed to help.

Even when not fatal, you have still serious situations such as Jazz Jennings, the young boy featured in "I Am Jazz" who transitioned to a girl.  Because of the same issue with puberty blockers, Jazz had to forgo the regular vaginoplasty using penile tissue for this more risky procedure.  Jazz has now had three corrective surgeries, and has never experienced (a will never experience) orgasm.

This s*** actually matters.  Not because Dylan likes to cartoonishly act out as a woman.  Not because some beer company put his face on a can.  But because of stuff like this.  It's damaging and ruinous.  And we act like it's not big deal and anyone that raises the bleeding obvious red flags is being reactionary.

This is tragic.  However, it did not occur in this country. 

I understand your concern.  I hope you are weighing that concern against the potential for suicide.  I hope you understand that when you speak against adult transsexuals, you diminish your position of this being about a concern for children.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

This is tragic.  However, it did not occur in this country. 

What on God's green earth difference does that make?

I understand your concern.  I hope you are weighing that concern against the potential for suicide.  I hope you understand that when you speak against adult transsexuals, you diminish your position of this being about a concern for children.

Your opinion is duly noted.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What on God's green earth difference does that make?

Sorry, I did not see the relevance in a forum discussing U.S. politics.  Do you think our government should intervene in other countries over this issue?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry, I did not see the relevance in a forum discussing U.S. politics.  Do you think our government should intervene in other countries over this issue?

Ok unserious person.

Also, there's nothing in any description of this forum that it's only about U.S. politics.  It's about politics, political issues or subjects that have political implications.  Quit being obtuse.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok unserious person.

Also, there's nothing in any description of this forum that it's only about U.S. politics.  It's about politics, political issues or subjects that have political implications.  Quit being obtuse.

Not trying to be obtuse.  I am sorry for offending you.  I do think it is important to understand that the medical community in this country has taken a more cautious, less experimental approach.

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Not trying to be obtuse.  I am sorry for offending you.  I do think it is important to understand that the medical community in this country has taken a more cautious, less experimental approach.

The same procedures are happening here.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

The same procedures are happening here.

With much greater caution.  Surgeries are difficult to obtain data for but,,, by most accounts only mastectomies and, only on patients 16 and older and, are very rare.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I'd like to see some evidence for this claim.

Look at the data that is available.  The numbers are quite low just in terms of patients being treated.  Look at the number of dissatisfied patients.  Again, numbers are low.

Sort of the point, every time the issue comes up, many of the examples given are from other countries.

Look at the data that is available.  The numbers are quite low just in terms of patients being treated.  Look at the number of dissatisfied patients.  Again, numbers are low.

Sort of the point, every time the issue comes up, many of the examples given are from other countries.

That's not evidence.  It's just a claim you made up.

52 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's not evidence.  It's just a claim you made up.

So, you can find examples in this country, you simply choose not to use them?

50 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not to mention, I literally in the same post mentioned Jazz Jennings having this same procedure done.

Sure but, a single individual is not data.  Furthermore, this individual seems to continue to support their decision.

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So, you can find examples in this country, you simply choose not to use them?

You make a claim, you back it up. Don’t tell others to do your homework. 

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You make a claim, you back it up. Don’t tell others to do your homework. 

That is not what I am doing.  I have said several times that there is little data due to privacy concerns.  The fact that you have to manufacture your case from other countries should tell you something.

Europe has always been more willing to experiment in this area.  They are ahead of us in understanding the pitfalls.  That is pretty good indicator that we are and, have been, more conservative with treatments.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1