SEC Softball Tournament 2023 bracket, schedule, TV info

Glad we get to hear from a couple we don't hear often.  Also did not know Maddie danced during the Tresvik HR LOL.

• Like 1

Can't believe South Carolina beat Georgia.  Lucky that we are getting the lower seeded team of those matchups, but OM almost got us yesterday.  Glad the game is later.  Give the arm a chance to rest.  Didn't use Lowe yesterday.  I wonder if she starts.

• Like 1

South Carolina was pitiful to start the season (got swept by Miss. St.), but have improved a lot recently.  Gobourne is a formidable pitcher.  During the tournament, it's who's playing hot right now, rather than the overall record.  Ole Miss was playing hot, hence that difficult game yesterday.  Expect more of the same from USC.

I don't pull for 'Bama, but really hated to see Montana Fouts suffer that injury to her left foot/ankle last night.  I don't think we'll see her again in this tournament.  She was having a great game last night.  Perhaps overuse contributed to the injury.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

South Carolina was pitiful to start the season (got swept by Miss. St.), but have improved a lot recently.  Gobourne is a formidable pitcher.  During the tournament, it's who's playing hot right now, rather than the overall record.  Ole Miss was playing hot, hence that difficult game yesterday.  Expect more of the same from USC.

I don't pull for 'Bama, but really hated to see Montana Fouts suffer that injury to her left foot/ankle last night.  I don't think we'll see her again in this tournament.  She was having a great game last night.  Perhaps overuse contributed to the injury.

Oh Man, what happened with Fouts?  She plays for the wrong team but I have always liked watching Fouts.

And yes, Gobourne gave us issues.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Oh Man, what happened with Fouts?  She plays for the wrong team but I have always liked watching Fouts.

Gobourne didn't just give us issues - she pitched a no-hitter against us and South Carolina run ruled us 8-0 in 5 innings.  My guess is that it's going to be a very difficult game for Auburn. 

How did USC score their run? Caught radio late. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Gobourne is giving everyone issues.  She's scorching hot right now. 

Yes!!! Packer with a single that goes under OF glove and to the wall. Skylar scores from 1st and Packer is on 3rd. Tied at 1 with 1 out.  B2

RBI double for Roach!!! 2-1 Auburn.  She's hot lately

Pitch change.  We know who it will be probably.  Nice we got lead first. 

USC got 2 on, 0 out and Penta pulled for Lowe.  

Nothing changed end of 5. Hopefully Shelby keeps them off the board. 

Didn't realize we had a no no going. 

Really need at least 1 more, prefer at least 2. 

Shelby was dealing on the outside corner of plate. Got it to 1 strike left and SC hits a 2 run HR to take lead.  Argh

11 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure why Penta didn't pitch the 7th...

Cause Lowe was cruising up until that point.

Edited by KansasTiger

10 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure why Penta didn't pitch the 7th...

Lowe was dealing.  But she is good for giving up a 2 run HR an outing.  Had it down to final strike or 2. After walking first batter, I'm surprised Maddie didn't come in. 

• Like 1