NCAA Recommends dropping Pot from Banned Drug List

AURex

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

no sir i have a legit place in anniston that has a mixture of delta 8,  and 9. i tried the delta years ago and wasted close to a hundred bucks. a friend turned me onto these and i laughed. he left me five and said be careful and do not plan on leaving for a while. i took a half a gummy and it kicked my behind in a good way. these are 15.mg. what is weird is if i take more it messes up my buzz. i have yet to figure that one out. backwoodz cbd and hemp. all legal. and it is cheap..if ya got a question message me. this stuff gripes some people.

I am in a legal state.   NO Delta.  (be careful with that stuff,  it is not natural)     I've been a black belt smoker for over 35 years.  For me,   I prefer flower,  then RSO,   Shatter,  hash, vapes, gummies/edibles, cooking oils, and lastly infused drinks. (you need 2-3 of the drinks,  and unlike beer you are really full after the first one.)  We get the good stuff here  tho.    Flower here is pushing 30% THC...  3 times that of the good stuff from the 70's.    2X as strong as the best sinsemilla that came up to Auburn from UF in the 1980's.   I am more of a taste chaser.  THC % is not so important to me.

CDB counteracts the THC effects,  and makes me feel sick, so I avoid it as much as possible.   

20230619_151732.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know of one SECCG that would have had a different outcome if this were in place…

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

2X as strong as the best sinsemilla that came up to Auburn from UF in the 1980's.

Had a neighbor from Miami when I lived on Burton (Bourbon is what we called it) Street and he brought back the best sinsemilla I’ve ever had. Abstaining for the past 25 years but I may look back into it. I’ve been on chronic pain meds for 24 years and I’m worried about heart problems at my age. Just opened up Medical Cannabis facilities in North Alabama but I’m still not sure it would curb the pain enough to leave the chronic pain clinic. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.2078326e718459f334968f663bdc78d1.png

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, toddc said:

Had a neighbor from Miami when I lived on Burton (Bourbon is what we called it) Street and he brought back the best sinsemilla I’ve ever had. Abstaining for the past 25 years but I may look back into it. I’ve been on chronic pain meds for 24 years and I’m worried about heart problems at my age. Just opened up Medical Cannabis facilities in North Alabama but I’m still not sure it would curb the pain enough to leave the chronic pain clinic. 

I live in pain myself.  on a scale of 1 (sore muscle)  to 10 (praying for death)    I am always above a 5,  on bad days a 10+.   the worst is my old Iron Bowl Injury from my freshman year that NEVER healed right.   I found it does help me with the pain,  but not in a way I expected. 

Like every other pain med,  when I am in pain, nothing stops it!!...  but with MMJ,  (for me) it is easy to get distracted when high and forget I am in pain.  When I have a flare up, I can not concentrate on anything but the pain.  When high,   I often forget about the pain for an hour or so  and can be productive,  or watch and enjoy a movie,  read the net  whatever.   When I think about the pain,  it is still there,  but for those moments of distraction it is LIKE not being in pain.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
because I was high
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I live in pain myself.  on a scale of 1 (sore muscle)  to 10 (praying for death)    I am always above a 5,  on bad days a 10+.   the worst is my old Iron Bowl Injury from my freshman year that NEVER healed right.   I found it does help me with the pain,  but not in a way I expected. 

Like every other pain med,  when I am in pain, nothing stops it!!...  but with MMJ,  (for me) it is easy to get distracted when high and forget I am in pain.  When I have a flare up, I can not concentrate on anything but the pain.  When high,   I often forget about the pain for an hour or so  and can be productive,  or watch and enjoy a movie,  read the net  whatever.   When I think about the pain,  it is still there,  but for those moments of distraction it is LIKE not being in pain.

Chronic pain is sooo tiring as well. Most people don’t realize how draining it is when you’re are at 4-5 or higher for several hours on the pain scale. My meds keep me around 3-4 most days but there’s those really bad days where nothing helps. At least the meds give me a somewhat normal life and if I don’t tell people they have no clue I’m on it.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 8:27 AM, W.E.D said:

I wasn't as the next post after you explained it....but both intoxic you on a level that effects performance. I can smoke myself into a state where I canf function just as I can drink myself into one.  I can also get a slight buzz on both

And unless you're playing a guitar, it will affect your game if that game is football, baseball, basketball, etc, if you get a slight buzz beforehand. So will drinking. Which is why coaches won't allow it when it matters.

Full disclosure. I grew up in the 60s and 70s , and I ain't guessing about the above....

😆

27 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I may be late to the game...did you play for Auburn? 

I just reread his post and I saw the Iron Bowl mention. I don’t know how I missed it the first time. 

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Oh ,  no, no, no.   I fell down the bleachers cheering.     

DO you know how long I have been holding on to that joke?   years!     No matter what is posted on this board there will be multiple posters who call out or challenge anything as B.S.  I have seen blatent facts posted that people have called BS on.   It has baffled me, as   I have mentioned my "Iron Bowl injury" a half dozen times on this board in a "he  is probably  BSing" way.   NO ONE has called me out til now.   It kind of became a challenge for me to see how long it would take for someone to call me out.  LOL

Thank you WarrEagleHey.  I finally got my stupid joke in.

• Haha 7

18 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

edible are the strongest you can get. trust me. i got friends that take th same gummies as i do and it helps them but it is pretty stout.

21 hours ago, toddc said:

Unfortunately those random drug tests may show a non federally legal substance Then you may have an issue still getting your normal pain meds. Until it’s legal, the government won’t allow people to even try it as an alternative. A natural alternative at that. 

31 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Unfortunately those random drug tests may show a non federally legal substance Then you may have an issue still getting your normal pain meds. Until it’s legal, the government won’t allow people to even try it as an alternative. A natural alternative at that. 

Oh yeah, I would have to leave the chronic pain clinic and I just don’t think anything will help like the long half-life medication I’m taking.

22 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Oh ,  no, no, no.   I fell down the bleachers cheering.     

i fell down several rows after an auburn game. i was way more drunk than i realized and i entertained a bunch of folks and mine must have looked good because several folks ran over to check on me..............grins. i have never done it again. wow.

• Haha 1

Natural, unnatural it really does not matter unless you get it from a reputable source. Wisconsin highly regulates Delta 9 here and It has been a godsend to many of my patients. The Fentanyl has been a major issue and very much an epidemic. Also, like most substances, I am pretty sure these athletes know their tolerance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pens/carts get passed around like camaros and chargers in Tuscaloosa. I dunno how THC carts play on tests, but I feel like there should be way more people showing red on them than they do currently 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Natural, unnatural it really does not matter unless you get it from a reputable source. Wisconsin highly regulates Delta 9 here and It has been a godsend to many of my patients. The Fentanyl has been a major issue and very much an epidemic. Also, like most substances, I am pretty sure these athletes know their tolerance. 

I almost lost my job because of a false positive test result. My medication I was taking caused it. I learned a lot about the testing process during that period. I was surprised how there was no way to tell a positive from actual weed as opposed to a positive by cbd.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I almost lost my job because of a false positive test result. My medication I was taking caused it. I learned a lot about the testing process during that period. I was surprised how there was no way to tell a positive from actual weed as opposed to a positive by cbd.

Yep, which unfortunately can cause significant issues if you need or have a job that requires UDS. The science has not caught up with the logic. Of course, if the federal government would get up off its ass, that is a different subject..

On 6/19/2023 at 3:00 PM, cbo said:

The proposal is simply to discontinue testing for marijuana. If you are in a state where it's legal, you smoke some pot over the weekend, and you're ready for practice the next day, why should you be tested and punished?

It doesn't mean players can smoke pot before the game or break the law. I'm sure if a player is arrested for marijuana possession or shows up noticeably high to a game, he will be punished. 

And if a player takes half a gummy, shows up to practice and it is completely undetectable ... then who cares. I'm sure it's happened before. 

To be frankly honest, I'd rather a player use weed to manage the pains associated with playing football/basketball/baseball, etc, rather than the harmful and damaging pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs doctors prescribe like candy. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

To be frankly honest, I'd rather a player use weed to manage the pains associated with playing football/basketball/baseball, etc, rather than the harmful and damaging pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs doctors prescribe like candy. 

Absolutely. These guys are putting their bodies on the line and many will have to deal with pain for the rest of their lives. Weed is a much safer option. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 9:51 AM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Thank you WarrEagleHey.  I finally got my stupid joke in.

Glad I could be of service 😁

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

On 6/21/2023 at 5:03 PM, DAG said:

Yep, which unfortunately can cause significant issues if you need or have a job that requires UDS. The science has not caught up with the logic. Of course, if the federal government would get up off its ass, that is a different subject..

Which is ironic since it's the federal government that monitors me so heavy. Which I understand being the destructive force that I'm handling.....it just seem that the testing process would be much more advanced than it is currently, like you said.

• Like 1