Hunter Biden Plea Deal

JMWATS

On 6/22/2023 at 12:28 PM, homersapien said:

No one has said what Hunter has done is "totally fine". :-\

He is just not guilty of the things the MAGAs are accusing him of.

How do you know that?

16 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Yes I watched the Dems act like a bunch of clowns.

Hilarity.

You do realize that many (Republican) nutjobs are now accusing Durham of being part of a "coverup"? 

Your party no longer has any principles.  All they know is the grift of partisan politics.

23 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Hilarity.

You do realize that many (Republican) nutjobs are now accusing Durham of being part of a "coverup"? 

Your party no longer has any principles.  All they know is the grift of partisan politics.

Two sides of the same coin…they work together for a singular agenda.

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Two sides of the same coin…they work together for a singular agenda.

No.  They are vastly different.  One is an extreme right wing party.  The other is a centrist party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  They are vastly different.  One is an extreme right wing party.  The other is a centrist party.

Center of the far left....

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

No the democrats are by and large a center to center left party. If you want FAR left, that's Bernie and his wing, and even he's not that far by western democratic republic standards.

If you took England's conservative party, that would be a close equivalent to the American Democratic party of today. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Do you get all your news from criminally insane randos on Twitter or is this a one off? 

I'm waiting for you to start echoing people saying Prigozhin is doing Biden's bidding to distract from Hunter's screw-ups at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Do you get all your news from criminally insane randos on Twitter or is this a one off? 

I'm waiting for you to start echoing people saying Prigozhin is doing Biden's bidding to distract from Hunter's screw-ups at this point. 

It’s kinda funny that right wingers think a Biden should go to jail for buying a gun.

• Haha 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

It’s kinda funny that right wingers think a Biden should go to jail for buying a gun.

When guys like "catturd" are their thought-leaders on Twitter...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No, not for buying a gun but instead for breaking the law regarding buying a gun and for tax laws that other people go to jail for.  

It kind of humorous that people on the left can’t see (or won’t admit) the crazy double standards they are defending.  

4 minutes ago, GoAU said:

No, not for buying a gun but instead for breaking the law regarding buying a gun and for tax laws that other people go to jail for.  

It kind of humorous that people on the left can’t see (or won’t admit) the crazy double standards they are defending.  

I’m not defending it. I’d like to see guns more regulated. The Right thinks it should be easy with no government involvement. 

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, I was referring to the Republican accusations of him extorting billions of dollars from foreign entities in collaboration with his father.

Otherwise, he was guilty of doing the above things.  He admitted it. (He was also addicted to drugs at the time.)

(FWIW, something like 20% of people in this country don't pay their taxes.  And Republicans are against providing the IRS with additional resources to recover them.)

What's your point?

My point is that unless the IRS had filed charges against him he would have never paid his taxes. Like half of Washington. At some point, if you live in DC, you just have to have chutzpah to claim the second tier of Justice and quit acting like everyone else. HB got caught finally. This is not the last we are going to hear about HB. Not by a LLLOOONNNGGG shot.

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

No double standard.  As I posted earlier, Hunter got a sentence that was if anything harsher than usual.  He got no special treatment one way or the other. 

And no one is defending what he is guilty of.

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

My point is that unless the IRS had filed charges against him he would have never paid his taxes. Like half of Washington. At some point, if you live in DC, you just have to have chutzpah to claim the second tier of Justice and quit acting like everyone else. HB got caught finally. This is not the last we are going to hear about HB. Not by a LLLOOONNNGGG shot.

Actually it's about 17% of all Americans who don't pay their taxes, so I was off a little.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2019/04/09/how-big-is-the-problem-of-tax-evasion/

And the IRS filed charges against Hunter likely because he was Hunter - son of the president.  Obviously, most tax evaders don't have charges filed against them (and never will if the Republicans have their way).  So the Biden name didn't help him.

As for not hearing the last of him, maybe so.  It's pretty obvious he was a pathetic addict trying to cash in on who his father.  

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually it's about 17% of all Americans who don't pay their taxes, so I was off a little.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2019/04/09/how-big-is-the-problem-of-tax-evasion/

And the IRS filed charges against Hunter likely because he was Hunter - son of the president.  Obviously, most tax evaders don't have charges filed against them (and never will if the Republicans have their way).  So the Biden name didn't help him.

As for not hearing the last of him, maybe so.  It's pretty obvious he was a pathetic addict trying to cash in on who his father.  

Seconded.

On 6/23/2023 at 8:11 PM, GoAU said:

There is no left party in this country.  There are a few progressives in the Democratic party but,,, they have little power.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:58 PM, AUDub said:

When guys like "catturd" are their thought-leaders on Twitter...

The attention span of too many Americans.  The depth of thinking, the depth of knowledge isn't in the shallow end of the pool.  It isn't even in the kiddy pool.  It drowns is a puddle.