so how many fans have come back that we lost?

aubiefifty

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah man. I never quoted you. All I said was let folks be. 

Have a great night with that attitude.

from me you get what you reflect. i will post what interests me and not what YOU think is ok dude. you can disagree with me all you want and twice on sunday but i get to choose what i post not you. and some were interested in it. i hope you have a great day............

• Like 1

If the flipfloppers, fairweather, and bandwagon fans are rooting for AU, it means we’re having a lot of success, that’s what they flock to.   So I say “bring ‘em all on, welcome to the family, and of course, War Eagle!!!”

• Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

If the flipfloppers, fairweather, and bandwagon fans are rooting for AU, it means we’re having a lot of success, that’s what they flock to.   So I say “bring ‘em all on, welcome to the family, and of course, War Eagle!!!”

i guess people think this is a slam but it is in fact not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Who are the former posters that claimed to boycott the board if AU hired Freeze?

I have no idea who those people are? 

There were some and I’m guessing… they left. I have a buddy that is quietly done with au after the coaching search. It is what it is. Obviously he’ll come back  one day but it is not a  “fair weather” thing. However, I’m sure there’ are also a lot who will come back quickly after  our 1st signature win. 

46 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

There were some and I’m guessing… they left. I have a buddy that is quietly done with au after the coaching search. It is what it is. Obviously he’ll come back  one day but it is not a  “fair weather” thing. However, I’m sure there’ are also a lot who will come back quickly after  our 1st signature win. 

There was the guy with Austin or ATX in his name...I think he's a part time high school football game announcer.  He posted frequently, had a problem with Hugh's past and said he was leaving for good.

i prefer not to get into dropping names. this is not an attempt to embarrass anyone it is more like wishful thinking on my part.

On 6/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, au701948 said:

A late night bowl of chili and a grilled cheese sandwich at the Kopper Kettle  

Can't tell how many times I had that at KK

• Like 1

I was never one to not want Freeze, due to his personal business. And I wasn't upset that they hired him. I also think that he has done an almost unbelievable job in pulling us back from the Harsin probabtion. He has worked harder than any coach I've seen at Auburn. In any sport. 

But if he f's up and puts a black eye on Auburn, I am going to be pretty upset. I am more worried about the evangelical twitter nonsense than I am the hookers and shady recruiting. He needs to maintain social and political neutrality, at least in his public life. 

That last part goes for Bruce Pearl too. I really wish he'd just keep that stuff in his private life. As much as I can't stand Tubs, at least Tubs kept his personal views out of the public light. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was never one to not want Freeze, due to his personal business. And I wasn't upset that they hired him. I also think that he has done an almost unbelievable job in pulling us back from the Harsin probabtion. He has worked harder than any coach I've seen at Auburn. In any sport. 

But if he f's up and puts a black eye on Auburn, I am going to be pretty upset. I am more worried about the evangelical twitter nonsense than I am the hookers and shady recruiting. He needs to maintain social and political neutrality, at least in his public life. 

That last part goes for Bruce Pearl too. I really wish he'd just keep that stuff in his private life. As much as I can't stand Tubs, at least Tubs kept his personal views out of the public light. 

Agree 100%.

• Like 1

Evidently a lot of people!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

We've seen it with our tailgate for sure. People that all out disappeared for a year and are now calling asking for us to save them parking spots and if there will be extra tickets. Funny that you didn't hear from them when parking and tickets were easy to come by. Then again, we also noticed that they're the same people that always showed up after everything was setup, left before we broke everything down, never contributed food in any way, and always needed to "just grab a drink or two out of your cooler." Needless to say, they lost their parking spots 😂

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

This is awesome . Needed to hear this after sone of the concern we are seeing on the recruiting forum 

I’m betting a lot of those folks were all talk to begin with. Auburn has never really been a bandwagon school. You’re either an Auburn fan through it all or you aren’t. About 1/2 way into Harsin’s tenure, I found myself less interested in football, and didn’t watch some games live. I am a bit of a guilty party here. I also was not happy with the Freeze hire. To me, cheating is a truly selfish act. One drunken mistake may be one thing, but repetitive cheating is a nasty issue. It can split apart families and has a really negative effect on the psychological well being of the other partner. I didn’t have a problem with Freeze because I don’t believe in redemption. I had a problem with him because I think his transgressions exposed a true character flaw. The Twitter mess also I thought showed a potential character flaw. So I probably uttered something like that on the first day or so after he was hired. Then I quickly calmed down and realized I love Auburn football to much for this. Hugh has a ways to go to earn my respect as a human. But, at the end of the day, I still want what’s best for Auburn. Bailing on the football team  or rooting against them is not that. Anyone who does that isn’t a real part of the Auburn family. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

We've seen it with our tailgate for sure. People that all out disappeared for a year and are now calling asking for us to save them parking spots and if there will be extra tickets. Funny that you didn't hear from them when parking and tickets were easy to come by. Then again, we also noticed that they're the same people that always showed up after everything was setup, left before we broke everything down, never contributed food in any way, and always needed to "just grab a drink or two out of your cooler." Needless to say, they lost their parking spots 😂

how much you drop with eats and brews for the whole  weekend? i bet it is over a couple of grand.

15 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m betting a lot of those folks were all talk to begin with. Auburn has never really been a bandwagon school. You’re either an Auburn fan through it all or you aren’t. About 1/2 way into Harsin’s tenure, I found myself less interested in football, and didn’t watch some games live. I am a bit of a guilty party here. I also was not happy with the Freeze hire. To me, cheating is a truly selfish act. One drunken mistake may be one thing, but repetitive cheating is a nasty issue. It can split apart families and has a really negative effect on the psychological well being of the other partner. I didn’t have a problem with Freeze because I don’t believe in redemption. I had a problem with him because I think his transgressions exposed a true character flaw. The Twitter mess also I thought showed a potential character flaw. So I probably uttered something like that on the first day or so after he was hired. Then I quickly calmed down and realized I love Auburn football to much for this. Hugh has a ways to go to earn my respect as a human. But, at the end of the day, I still want what’s best for Auburn. Bailing on the football team  or rooting against them is not that. Anyone who does that isn’t a real part of the Auburn family. 

Auburn will always mean more to me than some coach. but i respect folks that have no part of it. to be honest i believe freeze is meant to be here at this particular time. i hope he wants redemption enough he balls out and strikes fear in our opponents. i believe if he succeeds it is a win for everyone. if not like dag said he is restocking the club house so we should have some killer talent at the worst once it is said and done. one of the guys that left was smart and funny and  he said why he left and he kept his word. i hope he comes back because i believe he brought a lot to the board.

37 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how much you drop with eats and brews for the whole  weekend? i bet it is over a couple of grand.

The tailgate was actually established in like 1988, a year before I was born, and has been going strong since what started as a family tailgate was beyond welcoming and has grown to a bunch of people that just genuinely enjoy each other's company and enjoy welcoming new friends. That said, it's a group contribution effort on most things so it doesn't really break the bank for anyone. Most usually bring a cooler with enough for themselves and the ability to share a bit because you might be excited about a new option! 

The food is almost always a group effort, and when it's not, people happily donate to whoever is picking up the steaks or crawfish. Even in those instances people will still bring sides and desserts to add on to. 

All that said, we have been beyond fortunate that we still have the spot and it hasn't been covered in white tents and no parking signs 😅

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

The tailgate was actually established in like 1988, a year before I was born, and has been going strong since what started as a family tailgate was beyond welcoming and has grown to a bunch of people that just genuinely enjoy each other's company and enjoy welcoming new friends. That said, it's a group contribution effort on most things so it doesn't really break the bank for anyone. Most usually bring a cooler with enough for themselves and the ability to share a bit because you might be excited about a new option! 

The food is almost always a group effort, and when it's not, people happily donate to whoever is picking up the steaks or crawfish. Even in those instances people will still bring sides and desserts to add on to. 

All that said, we have been beyond fortunate that we still have the spot and it hasn't been covered in white tents and no parking signs 😅

i used to love walking through the tailgate areas just checking out everything. i love to see how inventive auburn folks get with their auburn gear. and i would walk slow and look petiful hoping somoen would throw me a bone and some potato salad but it never happened. lol i would have bought it because most of you guys have bette food that a lot of the eatteries............

On 6/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I respect those who cancel things for personal reasons. That said, I look forward to seeing Jordan-Hare packed this fall and Tiger Walk being shoulder to shoulder. 

Agreed. I’ve been a fan since I was old enough to understand football. That being said, it doesn’t mean I’m not critical about the direction of the program at times, many times since the 70’s. To me, a true fan will never sunshine pump crap, but will never abandon their first true love of a college team. At 52, that’s where I still stand on this subject. Criticize all you want, as that is a part of passion for a persons beloved team, but if you’re willing to walk away during bad times, then it’s very likely you weren’t the true fan you claim to be or thought you were. AU has always tested the heart of true fans, but so has every other college, pro and semi pro team or individual. Just my two cents on this. 

• Like 4