Slaughter speaks out for Coach Tuberville

API50

Fullback Jake Slaughter, another fifth-year senior, says Auburn football is not for everybody. The physical and mental demands are immense.

"Whats awesome about Coach Tuberville is that he recruits classy guys and guys that are going to do right," Slaughter says. "Its pretty easy to see when the freshmen come in who is going to make it and who isnt. You really have to have it together to make it through. You have to love football, accept responsibility and use your time wisely."

"The ones who dont want to do that, Coach Tuberville will weed them out. If they dont get their minds right or do right off the field, they wont be around long. Its great to have a coach who has the guts to do that."

Fullback Jake Slaughter, another fifth-year senior, says Auburn football is not for everybody. The physical and mental demands are immense.

"Whats awesome about Coach Tuberville is that he recruits classy guys and guys that are going to do right," Slaughter says. "Its pretty easy to see when the freshmen come in who is going to make it and who isnt. You really have to have it together to make it through. You have to love football, accept responsibility and use your time wisely."

"The ones who dont want to do that, Coach Tuberville will weed them out. If they dont get their minds right or do right off the field, they wont be around long. Its great to have a coach who has the guts to do that."

175078[/snapback]

HECK YEAH!!

WAR EAGLE

How stupid does the Sporting News look to knowledgeable fans after this summer that rag rated Tubbs 7th among coaches...in the SEC. SEVENTH IN THE SEC!

How stupid does the Sporting News look to knowledgeable fans after this summer that rag rated Tubbs 7th among coaches...in the SEC. SEVENTH IN THE SEC!

175261[/snapback]

SEVENTH! Are you freaking kidding me? Who are the top six?

I met Jake Slaughter and his parents after a game his RS freshman year. We had gone into Wendy's after the game to wait out the traffic and the torrential rain. We talked to Jake and his parents for some time. It was obvious that Jake was a fine young man and he came from a good family. I have been pulling for him since that chance meeting.

Let those morons "pick" who's WHO among SEC Coaches. One fact is certain, Coach Tuberville was voted as the BEST Coach in America by his peers. I think they have a better handle on what it takes to go 13-0! :au: There is NOT another Coach in the SEC that I would rather have at the helm of the TIGERS...none.

Let those morons "pick" who's WHO among SEC Coaches. One fact is certain, Coach Tuberville was voted as the BEST Coach in America by his peers. I think they have a better handle on what it takes to go 13-0! :au:   There is NOT another Coach in the SEC that I would rather have at the helm of the TIGERS...none.

175470[/snapback]

As I was scrolling through this section, I was planning on stating the same idea that you expressed ... except you have done a much better job.

WAR EAGLE!!!

The Sporting News is not very bright!!!

I"m sure Tubs will make them regret that decision this year, just as he did with others making poor decisions the year before last (I think you all know what I'm talking about.)

Thank you Coach for always being so classy and teaching your players to act just like you!

It really is great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!

I must have read this pretty quickly, then forgot it. That would explain my posting about JS's status and such. Guess I kinda pulled a :homer:

Archived