Baseball -- getting hot at the right time

From April 28-May 22 our Tigers were 10-2 and took series from the number 1 RPI team (Scar) and this year's likely national champion (LSU).   During roughly the same time period, the likely NC went 11-7.    Since then they have gone 10-1.    Look at what Ole Miss did last year.   They lost 3 of their last 4 and then went 10-1 to win it all.   Crazy game that we love.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, LPTiger said:

From April 28-May 22 our Tigers were 10-2 and took series from the number 1 RPI team (Scar) and this year's likely national champion (LSU).   During roughly the same time period, the likely NC went 11-7.    Since then they have gone 10-1.    Look at what Ole Miss did last year.   They lost 3 of their last 4 and then went 10-1 to win it all.   Crazy game that we love.

Totally agree. And we got real cold at the regional. Timing is everything. Just curious, what are your thoughts about our 4 transfer pickups so far? I feel good about the lefty pitcher from UAB. love that ERA. Not sure what to think of the others. Especially the 1B from UAB.

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Totally agree. And we got real cold at the regional. Timing is everything. Just curious, what are your thoughts about our 4 transfer pickups so far? I feel good about the lefty pitcher from UAB. love that ERA. Not sure what to think of the others. Especially the 1B from UAB.

The kid from UAB hit 2 homers against us last year...   He has a good eye at the plate.   I hope he hits like he did in 2022.   The Jax State kid looks really solid.   Good average and power #s.   The infielder from Mi Oh looks solid as well.   The lefty will give us some maturity on the staff, and he knows how to get folks out.  

36 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The kid from UAB hit 2 homers against us last year...   He has a good eye at the plate.   I hope he hits like he did in 2022.   The Jax State kid looks really solid.   Good average and power #s.   The infielder from Mi Oh looks solid as well.   The lefty will give us some maturity on the staff, and he knows how to get folks out.  

Just learned that Chase Burns is moving on from UT. Upset about being a bullpen guy. Crank up some OTV $$$ now! 😀

1 hour ago, warbiscuit said:

Hope so. Here in Knoxville they’re claiming he’s likely headed to TCU.