Bruce 1 on 1 interview with AuburnLive

aubiefifty

I love Bruce. I think he’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to Auburn basketball. And I understand the challenges that he’s facing, especially since it appears we aren’t going “all-in” to the NIL market. But I don’t understand not recruiting more high school basketball players.

Ex: 2024 top 30 recruit Cam Scott from South Carolina seems to be low priority for this staff. 

To me it’s a lazy take - you should recruit your tail off to sign all the big-time recruits that you can. Then you fill the gap in your roster with transfers. But I just don’t understand going away from high school talent since there are plenty of other schools still recruiting high school at a high level. 

Yes, experience is essential but you also have to have big-time talent. We don’t need to sit around and wait for the NCAA to level the playing field. We need to embrace the current system, and rebuild our roster every year if that’s what it takes. But build a roster with the best talent as possible. We can’t control or worry about what that talent is going to do at the end of every year. Just prepare to recruit and sign 6-7 players every year. 

• Like 1