IRS: Biden's Received $17M from Foreign Sources

DKW 86

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What about when someone claims election fraud simply because they lost?  How does that impact trust int he system?

See 2000, 2016, 2020, it’s almost like it’s acceptable now. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What about that conduct is evidence of a crime?  Seriously.  We all know why foreign companies seek out and want to do business, or place on their board, relatives of elected officials.  For that to rise to the level of being criminal, you have to show that the elected official did something that he/she would not have done but for the money or benefits flowing to those family members or to themselves.  Why is that hard to grasp?

I thought the hearings concerning Kavenaugh were ridiculous.  I have had dinner with B Kavenaugh.  He is the typical Ivy League snobbish entitled prick that he comes across as being when he speaks publicly.  Even so, he didn't deserve the BS that he was put through by those allegations.  That has nothing to do with what the House Republicans are engaging in concerning this matter.

Hard to grasp -- every ethics law typically reads something like -- no public official or public employee shall use or allow to be used his or her office or status for personal gain for herself or himself or for any family member....   That is what Alabama law says.   I assume there is a federal ethics law that applies to VPs and presidents.    

On 7/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, DKW 86 said:
A sugar bro is the guy in the group who is loaded with money and will finance just about anything you ask just to be part of the group.

HBs Sugar Bro is his bong woofing attorney seen here, no s***, visiting HB's home.

Hunter Biden's 'sugar brother' lawyer spotted smoking bong on home balcony  during visit from president's son | Fox News
Hunter Biden's 'sugar brother' lawyer spotted smoking bong on home balcony  during visit from president's son | Fox News

For the record, fiddy and I are going to investigate this as soon as fiddy canget his clothes on...

The man's won Tony's award. Let him enjoy his midday bong rips in peace. 

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Hard to grasp -- every ethics law typically reads something like -- no public official or public employee shall use or allow to be used his or her office or status for personal gain for herself or himself or for any family member....   That is what Alabama law says.   I assume there is a federal ethics law that applies to VPs and presidents.    

..............and what office does Hunter Biden hold?  Those ethics laws are applicable when the office holder is using their office in that manner.  In this situation, the family member is using their relationship with the office holder and the access that provides to entice others to do business with them in some way.  Unless you can show that the office holder was using their office to leverage influence in some way, there is no ethical or criminal conduct that I know of.  There has to be some act by the office holder proving that he was engaged in some sort of quid pro quo. 

Nobody is going to charge someone with a crime without being able to say when where and with whom an unlawful or ethically suspect act occurred.  You have to see that.  It isn't what Hunter says to someone, but what Joe said or didn't say.  Hunter can claim that Joe will get them on the space shuttle, but unless Joe tells them that he will do that if they give Hunter $5 million, Joe hasn't committed a crime.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

See 2000, 2016, 2020, it’s almost like it’s acceptable now. 

You cannot claim, with a straight face, that 2016 and 2020 were anything alike.  Hell, 2000 was also nothing like 2020.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

..............and what office does Hunter Biden hold?  Those ethics laws are applicable when the office holder is using their office in that manner.  In this situation, the family member is using their relationship with the office holder and the access that provides to entice others to do business with them in some way.  Unless you can show that the office holder was using their office to leverage influence in some way, there is no ethical or criminal conduct that I know of.  There has to be some act by the office holder proving that he was engaged in some sort of quid pro quo. 

Nobody is going to charge someone with a crime without being able to say when where and with whom an unlawful or ethically suspect act occurred.  You have to see that.  It isn't what Hunter says to someone, but what Joe said or didn't say.  Hunter can claim that Joe will get them on the space shuttle, but unless Joe tells them that he will do that if they give Hunter $5 million, Joe hasn't committed a crime.

Maybe so, maybe no.   Time will tell.   

You cannot claim, with a straight face, that 2016 and 2020 were anything alike.  Hell, 2000 was also nothing like 2020.

See here we go. I never said I thought there was anything hunky about any of the elections. Yet you can Google craziness about all three elections. There was a guy on Maher sometime last year absolutely convinced Bush43 stole the election from Gore. Unless you win by 75 electors or more, every election going forward will be called a stolen election by the other side. It’s not equivalence, it’s just fact. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

See here we go. I never said I thought there was anything hunky about any of the elections. Yet you can Google craziness about all three elections. There was a guy on Maher sometime last year absolutely convinced Bush43 stole the election from Gore. Unless you win by 75 electors or more, every election going forward will be called a stolen election by the other side. It’s not equivalence, it’s just fact. 

There is a vast canyon of difference between thinking that and a Presidential candidate actively attempting to decertify results and have electors from certain states replaced.  That is all I am saying. 

What we experienced after the 2020 election was something that we had never had to deal with.  But for the refusal of elected officials in several states, both Democrats and Republicans, to be part of an illegal effort to change the results in Georgia, Arizona and Michigan, all hell would have broken loose.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, AU9377 said:

Do you really want this to be the acceptable standard going forward?

32 minutes ago, GoAU said:

For his side, yes. He's one of the top 3 most left biased posters on this forum (and that's saying something). And he claimed to be center right once; I got a chuckle out of that.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, GoAU said:

What can be done to prevent this?  How can we legislate in a way that prevents non elected family members of government officials from doing business with foreign individuals or corporations?

13 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

For his side, yes. He's one of the top 3 most left biased posters on this forum (and that's saying something). And he claimed to be center right once; I got a chuckle out of that.

Tell me how to stop someone from doing business with foreign individuals and corporations when that person is not an elected office holder. 

Tell me how to stop someone from doing business with foreign individuals and corporations when that person is not an elected office holder. 

One way is to issue an EO on the first day of office that would address conflicts of interest of any kind.  This sounds like a good plan.  Here is an article dated June 19th 2019.

Biden's campaign did provide ABC News with a statement saying the former vice president has always adhered to "well-established executive branch ethics standards," adding that if Biden wins the White House he will issue an executive order to "address conflicts of interest of any kind."

"This process will be set out in detail in the executive order," the statement reads, "that President Biden would issue on his first day in office."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sidesteps-questions-sons-foreign-business-dealings-promises/story?id=63820806

He must have forgotten to issue the EO.  

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

One way is to issue an EO on the first day of office that would address conflicts of interest of any kind.  This sounds like a good plan.  Here is an article dated June 19th 2019.

Biden's campaign did provide ABC News with a statement saying the former vice president has always adhered to "well-established executive branch ethics standards," adding that if Biden wins the White House he will issue an executive order to "address conflicts of interest of any kind."

"This process will be set out in detail in the executive order," the statement reads, "that President Biden would issue on his first day in office."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-sidesteps-questions-sons-foreign-business-dealings-promises/story?id=63820806

He must have forgotten to issue the EO.  

You are assuming that there has been an actual conflict of interest.  In some situations, the appearance of a conflict works the same as an actual conflict of interest.  I think we can all agree on that.  Rules prohibiting either are only enforceable against the employee or, in this case, the office holder. 

There is no EO that could effectively address a non government employee entering into a business relationship with an International partner. That would be the same as a company rule prohibiting an employee from conducting business outside the scope of their employment.  That same rule can't be extended to the brother of an employee.  There is no enforcement mechanism.

51 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You are assuming that there has been an actual conflict of interest.  In some situations, the appearance of a conflict works the same as an actual conflict of interest.  I think we can all agree on that.  Rules prohibiting either are only enforceable against the employee or, in this case, the office holder. 

There is no EO that could effectively address a non government employee entering into a business relationship with an International partner. That would be the same as a company rule prohibiting an employee from conducting business outside the scope of their employment.  That same rule can't be extended to the brother of an employee.  There is no enforcement mechanism.

He promised an EO to deal with it and he lied. I didn’t promise it, Biden did.  He wanted to get a leg up on Trump during the campaign and didn’t follow through.  No body cares that Joe lies all the time.

Let me ask; did Joe call Hunter during those business meetings or did Hunter contact Joe?   It makes a difference.

Citizens United. Legal bribery. Both sides do it. It sucks. Citizens United needs to be overturned.

Stop spewing this stuff. Nothing can be done and everyone with a brain wishes it would stop. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What can be done to prevent this?  How can we legislate in a way that prevents non elected family members of government officials from doing business with foreign individuals or corporations?

Do you think there arent laws against this now?

REALLY? 

https://www.cairn.info/revue-internationale-de-droit-penal-2002-1-page-81.htm#:~:text=D.-,Federal Bribery Statute,to fill any governmental position

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/201

https://anticorruptionact.org/

https://www.legal500.com/guides/chapter/united-states-bribery-corruption/

https://www.justice.gov/criminal-fraud/foreign-corrupt-practices-act

https://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/criminal-law/864074/anti-corruption--bribery-comparative-guide

and that wasn't the first page of the google...

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is ZERO chance this would be your response had this been Trump and Don jr / Eric.  

On 7/27/2023 at 11:38 PM, AU9377 said:

There is a vast canyon of difference between thinking that and a Presidential candidate actively attempting to decertify results and have electors from certain states replaced.  That is all I am saying. 

What we experienced after the 2020 election was something that we had never had to deal with.  But for the refusal of elected officials in several states, both Democrats and Republicans, to be part of an illegal effort to change the results in Georgia, Arizona and Michigan, all hell would have broken loose.

And you aren’t taking into account that the 2020 election was different than any other previous election ever.   Governors went in and changed how voting was going to take place with the stroke of the pen.   Was that illegal? Technically yes, but I’m sure that you don’t agree.  There are other things taking place that some consider illegal but I guess it depends on what side is the winner.   

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

There is no law against a private citizen entering into a business relationship with a foreign corporation or individual.  You can't simply presume bribery based on a family connection.  You have to actually have evidence of a crime to charge a crime. Just to pick one of the listed citations... I will go with

This statute applies to a "public official."  My comment clearly stated "non elected family members of public officials."

Edited by AU9377

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

There is ZERO chance this would be your response had this been Trump and Don jr / Eric.  

Actually, I have pointed out several times that I didn't believe that Jared Kushner's acceptance of $2 billion from the Saudis immediately upon leaving an actual office in the White House was illegal.  I think it smells as much as any of this, but then again, I don't know of any illegality involved.

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no law against a private citizen entering into a business relationship with a foreign corporation or individual.  You can't simply presume bribery based on a family connection.  You have to actually have evidence of a crime to charge a crime. Just to pick one of the listed citations... I will go with

This statute applies to a "public official."  My comment clearly stated "non elected family members of public officials."

Gee, ever think that said public official would think ahead and have a family member or friend launder the $$$ for him? We all see what is going on here. We just got told there was no other reason for HB to be working for Burisma. 

Edited by DKW 86

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

And you aren’t taking into account that the 2020 election was different than any other previous election ever.   Governors went in and changed how voting was going to take place with the stroke of the pen.   Was that illegal? Technically yes, but I’m sure that you don’t agree.  There are other things taking place that some consider illegal but I guess it depends on what side is the winner.   

I can speak with first hand knowledge about Georgia.  A Republican Secretary of State and Republican governor did nothing to give Joe Biden an advantage in the state. Nonetheless, when it was clear that Trump had lost the state, a sitting U.S. President attempted to have the results of the election changed.  It doesn't get more anti American and self preserving than his actions.  It was disgraceful.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I can speak with first hand knowledge about Georgia.  A Republican Secretary of State and Republican governor did nothing to give Joe Biden an advantage in the state. Nonetheless, when it was clear that Trump had lost the state, a sitting U.S. President attempted to have the results of the election changed.  It doesn't get more anti American and self preserving than his actions.  It was disgraceful.

And they did exactly as expected. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Gee, ever think that said public official would think ahead and have a family member or friend launder the $$$ for him? We all see what is going on here. 

What policy was changed in exchange for this bribe that is being alleged?

As of now, we have to find a policy or action, find money being exchanged and a connection between the two.  As of now we have nothing by assumptions.  You do realize that it takes more than that...