Will Republicans pretend that this is ok? Trump goes on baseless personal attack against Fulton DA.

AU9377

On 1/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Are you saying she could get off because of a technicality?  Typical.  She is the epitome of a DEI hire, the rule do not apply to me.  Surely it wouldn’t be because she did no wrong.

She is an ELECTED official.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:43 AM, I_M4_AU said:

This is not about a defense. If you present yourself as *holier than thou* you better live up to it.  Can a justice system allow a rapist sit in judgement of another rapist?

She is a prosecutor, not a judge,

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The Trump case is not dependent on Fanni Willis. Do you believe that everyone charged with a crime should have charges dropped.

No, but I do believe the prosecution should be better held to a higher standard than what Fani has demonstrated.  This can only delay the trail and, depending on what is found in the investigation, could end the trail.

40 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is a standing committee formed by the legislature last year.

So.  Does it look like Fani will be impeached?

41 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

She is an ELECTED official.

She is going to be impeached.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

She is going to be impeached.

You are going to be disappointed if you think that it is that simple. First, there will need to be an investigation. If that investigation finds only unethical conduct, and nothing criminal, there will be litigation to decide if they have grounds to impeach. If they move forward, it will require 2/3 of the Georgia House & Senate. Republicans don’t have 2/3 majorities. They will need Democrats to join them.  They will also need a special session if they plan on getting it done.

Meanwhile, the prosecution of Trump and his co conspirators will move forward, with or without Willis. A grand jury indicted them.  I have never like that DA’s office. Her predecessor was as slimy as it gets.  Unfortunately, using elected office to benefit those close to you is something I see all the time. How do you think 9 out of 10 judges got to the bench? They were appointed based on political connections or other transactional reasoning.  

Nobody would even be raising an eye to this if she wasn’t prosecuting Donald Trump.  That is the truth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody would even be raising an eye to this if she wasn’t prosecuting Donald Trump.  That is the truth.

This is a doubled edged sword, always has been.  Trump doesn’t go down without a fight.

Well, look at this:

WASHINGTON — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan has subpoenaed District Attorney Fani Willis of Fulton County, Georgia, demanding documents from her office following allegations that Willis fired a whistleblower who tried to stop a top campaign aide from misusing federal funds.

The subpoena, obtained by NBC News, is part of a broader probe by Jordan, R-Ohio, and House Republicans into whether Willis used federal funds in conducting her more-than-two-year investigation into former President Donald Trump, who was indicted in Fulton County last year on charges that he attempted to overturn Georgia’s 2020 presidential election results.

Willis' office has condemned Jordan's requests, writing last year in a letter to him that there is “no justification in the Constitution for Congress to interfere with a state criminal matter.”

Jordan's push for documents follows allegations that the district attorney's office retaliated against an employee who tried to stop what she said was misuse of Justice Department grant funding by a top Willis campaign aide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/fani-willis-da-charged-trump-georgia-subpoenaed-house-gop-rcna136683

Are whistleblowers only protected if they are testifying for the Dems against Republicans?

Fani will have to have a good lawyer, I wonder if she knows one?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, look at this:

WASHINGTON — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan has subpoenaed District Attorney Fani Willis of Fulton County, Georgia, demanding documents from her office following allegations that Willis fired a whistleblower who tried to stop a top campaign aide from misusing federal funds.

The subpoena, obtained by NBC News, is part of a broader probe by Jordan, R-Ohio, and House Republicans into whether Willis used federal funds in conducting her more-than-two-year investigation into former President Donald Trump, who was indicted in Fulton County last year on charges that he attempted to overturn Georgia’s 2020 presidential election results.

Willis' office has condemned Jordan's requests, writing last year in a letter to him that there is “no justification in the Constitution for Congress to interfere with a state criminal matter.”

Jordan's push for documents follows allegations that the district attorney's office retaliated against an employee who tried to stop what she said was misuse of Justice Department grant funding by a top Willis campaign aide.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/fani-willis-da-charged-trump-georgia-subpoenaed-house-gop-rcna136683

Are whistleblowers only protected if they are testifying for the Dems against Republicans?

Yes.... and he hilariously claims that it has nothing to do with Trump.  That is comical.  She will likely simply ignore the subpoena.  You know, like JIM JORDAN has done in the past.

• Like 1

Well, look at this:

Some of you are going to set your hair on fire when the judge finds no reason to disqualify her from the case.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/02/politics/fani-willis-response/index.html

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Yes.... and he hilariously claims that it has nothing to do with Trump.  That is comical.  She will likely simply ignore the subpoena.  You know, like JIM JORDAN has done in the past.

Different times now, the DOJ has handed out  4 months sentences to some who ignored the subpoena.  Oh, wait, they were working for Trump.  There is the difference.

15 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m sure it is all about nothing.

Should she also be disqualified from prosecuting others or just the Trumptard?

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Should she also be disqualified from prosecuting others or just the Trumptard?

She shouldn’t be in her position.  She accused the outgoing office holder of inappropriate sexual conduct (no evidence of such) and does it herself.  She thinks you are a fool as you live in Ga.  How does that make you feel?

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

She shouldn’t be in her position.  She accused the outgoing office holder of inappropriate sexual conduct (no evidence of such) and does it herself.  She thinks you are a fool as you live in Ga.  How does that make you feel?

The only people that vote for her live in FULTON county.  She is the FULTON county DA.  The man she replaced was corrupt, lazy and 10 or 15 other negatives.  I have never liked her, however, not one single breath of the questioning concerning her would be taking place but for her prosecution of Trump and his disgusting minions.  You know that and I know that.  If another prosecutor is appointed, he or she will be attacked as well.  Unfortunately, many of you will support that in defense of your self consumed blow hard of a leader.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

If another prosecutor is appointed, he or she will be attacked as well.  Unfortunately, many of you will support that in defense of your self consumed blow hard of a leader.

If another prosecutor is appointed it will likely delay the proceedings as they try to get up to speed.  A RICO case involving a political stance is breaking new ground.  Will the new prosecutor feel as strong as Fani about bringing it to trial?

Trump is a fighter, he doesn’t roll over and play dead.  How’s the Jan 6th trial going?  I heard it was taken off the docket with no trial date.

Biden’s DOJ is looking like the SS on these cases.  If you’re going to bring a criminal case against a man like Trump, you better have your ducks in a row.

If another prosecutor is appointed it will likely delay the proceedings as they try to get up to speed.  A RICO case involving a political stance is breaking new ground.  Will the new prosecutor feel as strong as Fani about bringing it to trial?

Trump is a fighter, he doesn’t roll over and play dead.  How’s the Jan 6th trial going?  I heard it was taken off the docket with no trial date.

Biden’s DOJ is looking like the SS on these cases.  If you’re going to bring a criminal case against a man like Trump, you better have your ducks in a row.

I stopped at "political stance"..... The man overtly went about replacing the electors with fake electors in order to change the results of an election.  There is no stance involved.

He wanted the Georgia Secretary of State to throw out enough votes to swing the election his way.  Is that ok?  In what world is that how elections should work?

Edited by AU9377
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I stopped at "political stance"..... The man overtly went about replacing the electors with fake electors in order to change the results of an election.  There is no stance involved.

He wanted the Georgia Secretary of State to throw out enough votes to swing the election his way.  Is that ok?  In what world is that how elections should work?

Just prove it.  That’s all.  Why is a radical interpretation of the RICO act used to bring him down?  Wasn’t there laws against such things without this far of a reach?

Triage is this: At this point, Willis is so damaged that most of the country, MAGAs and more, likely will take anything found as nothing more than politics as usual. Willis took a huge case and managed to make the optics so bad that even if she wins, she probably still loses overall.

Where do we keep finding these idiots? Massively overpaying her totally unqualified BF who is still married to another woman? Why try a case with a trump-level defense team with a lead that has never before tried a case like this? It just makes no sense.

Edited by DKW 86

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just prove it.  That’s all.  Why is a radical interpretation of the RICO act used to bring him down?  Wasn’t there laws against such things without this far of a reach?

This really isn't a legal reach.  They already have at least 4 of the main players who have pleaded guilty.  Personally, I believe that she charged too many individuals but, nonetheless, taking the case to trial should not take this long.  That is largely a system problem, but one that nobody wants to correct because it gets used to their advantage at one point or another.

The larger problem is that one of the major political parties refuses to hold their candidate responsible for his actions.  Instead, they endorse his actions to overturn a valid election in order to stay in power.  That is dangerous.  Republican lawmakers in the state of Georgia, even those that did the right thing and pushed back against Donald Trump's unlawful attempts to change the results of the 2020 Georgia vote, refuse to speak out against him now out of fear.  That lack of courage speaks volumes.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Triage is this: At this point, Willis is so damaged that most of the country, MAGAs and more, likely will take anything found as nothing more than politics as usual. Willis took a huge case and managed to make the optics so bad that even if she wins, she probably still loses overall.

Where do we keep finding these idiots? Massively overpaying her totally unqualified BF who is still married to another woman? Why try a case with a trump-level defense team with a lead that has never before tried a case like this? It just makes no sense.

The unfortunate truth is that you can look at the offices of elected DAs all over the country and find this kind of behavior.  The problem is the lack of accountability.  There is nothing illegal about an elected DA hiring his or her friends.  What should have been questioned is the amount of money being billed and paid by the county government for legal services. 

I agree that having a personal relationship with one of the prosecutors that she hired is absolute idiocy.  I simply believe that the questioning should have occurred by county officials when she hired 3 prosecutors and enabled them with the ability to charge whatever they wished for their services.

I have seen small county governments pay whatever they are told to pay time and time again for legal representation.  A county the size of Fulton magnifies that behavior by 1000.  She should be held to account by the voters, but the more partisan this looks, the less likely that will actually happen.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The larger problem is that one of the major political parties refuses to hold their candidate responsible for his actions.  Instead, they endorse his actions to overturn a valid election in order to stay in power.  That is dangerous.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That lack of courage speaks volumes.

Are you talking about Biden here?  If so, I agree.