Possible new uni’s

AuCivilEng1

Just ran across these on Instagram. Auburnuniforms.net stated that they met with a graphic designer with Underarmour who stated that this is the concept for the 2023/2024 uniforms. These are based on the 79-80 and 81-83 uniforms.

My first thought is I like the shorts, but **** copperplate! 

I wish they would have gone back to the Jared/Bryce era unis.

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

Stripes are good, don’t think I love the numbers, the pattern on the whites are certainly interesting. 

Im all for shaking things up, I like the liberty you (you being Under Armour) gets with the CBB product. I’d like even more to see Nike or Adidas’s!

• Like 1

I like the retro feel of these. But agree with AUCivil. The Jared/Bryce/Chuma era unis were ELITE. 

Honestly not crazy about the AUBURN font - it feels like it's the same as last few years but it's not terrible

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Stripes are good, don’t think I love the numbers, the pattern on the whites are certainly interesting. 

Im all for shaking things up, I like the liberty you (you being Under Armour) gets with the CBB product. I’d like even more to see Nike or Adidas’s!

I'd rather be one of the prime Under Armour schools then jump on with Nike or Adidas. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

I'd rather be one of the prime Under Armour schools then jump on with Nike or Adidas. 

Why 

outside of them being much much worse in terms of uniforms, and them providing a negative recruiting advantage (by providing no recruiting advantage), they also gave us stock in our last extension, before their stock plummeted over the years since Steph Curry and Cameron Newton’s peak (if you want, https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2017/11/auburns_10_million_under_armou.html)

theres no advantage UA provides outside of likely paying us more in flat dollar amounts…Auburn needs the Adidas and Nike pipeline players more than they need an extra couple million 

• Like 1

There’s a moral aspect that Under Armour brings that some southern folks relate to, and I’m fine with that being a factor for some fans. But we’re not playing a moral game. I’m not going to point to our head coaches for our two major programs, because I don’t want to get yelled at today, but winning is the ultimate goal on the level Auburn performs at 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s a moral aspect that Under Armour brings that some southern folks relate to, and I’m fine with that being a factor for some fans. But we’re not playing a moral game. I’m not going to point to our head coaches for our two major programs, because I don’t want to get yelled at today, but winning is the ultimate goal on the level Auburn performs at 

I think Under Armour would serve Auburn better on a business and personal level. Auburn doesn't need Adidas or Nike. 

On 8/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just ran across these on Instagram. Auburnuniforms.net stated that they met with a graphic designer with Underarmour who stated that this is the concept for the 2023/2024 uniforms. These are based on the 79-80 and 81-83 uniforms.

My first thought is I like the shorts, but **** copperplate! 

I wish they would have gone back to the Jared/Bryce era unis.

IMG_3026.jpeg

IMG_3027.jpeg

So no orange uniform I guess based on the fact we didn't wear orange circa 1980? 

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

So no orange uniform I guess based on the fact we didn't wear orange circa 1980? 

I think there was one. I just didn’t post it

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 1:24 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree. Bruce has recruited extremely well. But I think Nike in particular would help increase our chances with a few of the really elite prospects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1