Another side of Bruce Pearl

Mikey

He truly has a compassionate heart and is genuinely caring to others.  Were lucky to have him as our coach

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing @Mikey. From what I've read and heard from Bruce, he got just as much from this conversation as your friend did. When God moves He can leave us with these types of head scratching examples but as they say IYKYK. Prayers for your friend. 

Edited by gr82be
Spelling
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I have a friend, 4th generation Auburn grad and life-long fan of all AU sports. He has been hospitalized for over six months now. Yesterday, out of the blue, Coach Pearl called him, visited briefly on the phone and wished him well. How Pearl learned of his situation we don't know. They had never spoken prior to yesterday and as far as my friend knows Pearl wasn't even aware of his existence.

That's a very fine gesture from a coach who has to have the tightest sort of schedule.

Mikey, is he a member of TUF?   Those guys are so good at raising money for the university but also good at things like this -- figuring out who in the family might need their spirits lifted just a little.   They are so plugged into our university, alumni and fans.   I had lunch yesterday at Byron's with a TUF staff member.  He knew 50% of the people in the restaurant.  It is a role that doesn't get a lot of public accolades, but man they are good at what they do.   As Great said above, one of the amazingly cool things about BP is he looks to be blessing to others and in doing so he is blessed.   I pray your friend is released and in JHS in 23 days!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Mikey, is he a member of TUF?

Most likely he is but I'm not certain about that. He has donated to Auburn through several different funds in the past.

Funny thing, when my buddy answered the phone and the caller said "This is Bruce Pearl"  my buddy thought it was somebody pulling a joke or scam. He made Bruce answer several questions about his background before he finally accepted that it was indeed Coach Pearl on the line. :):)

• Love 1
  • Haha 4