Mid-August Record Predictions

Zeek

After scrimmage 1 and with a little bit more information what do you think will be Auburn's final regular season record?

• SEP 2nd - UMass @ Auburn - 2:30 PM CST
  • SEP 9th - Auburn @ CAL - 9:30 PM CST
  • SEP 16th - Samford @ Auburn - 6:00 PM CST
  • SEP 23rd - Auburn @ Texas A&M - Time TBD
  • SEP 30th - Georgia @ Auburn - Time TBD
  • OCT 14th - Auburn @ LSU - Time TBD
  • OCT 21st - Ole Miss @ Auburn - Time TBD
  • OCT 28th - Mississippi State @ Auburn - Time TBD
  • NOV 4th - Auburn @ Vandy - Time TBD
  • NOV 11th - Auburn @ Arkansas - Time TBD
  • NOV 18th - New Mexico State @ Auburn - Time TBD
  • NOV 25th - Alabama @ Auburn - Time TBD

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:
  • SEP 2nd - UMass @ Auburn - 55-17 W
  • SEP 9th - Auburn @ CAL - 9:30 31-21 W
  • SEP 16th - Samford @ Auburn 63-13 W
  • SEP 23rd - Auburn @ Texas A&M - 24-27 L
  • SEP 30th - Georgia @ Auburn - 33 - 17 L
  • OCT 14th - Auburn @ LSU - 35 - 21 L
  • OCT 21st - Ole Miss @ Auburn - 42 - 38 W
  • OCT 28th - Mississippi State @ Auburn - 38 - 17 W
  • NOV 4th - Auburn @ Vandy - 45-24 W
  • NOV 11th - Auburn @ Arkansas - 31-27 W
  • NOV 18th - New Mexico State @ Auburn - 55 -15 W
  • NOV 25th - Alabama @ Auburn - 38 -35 W

9-3.  Call me crazy.  Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Arkansas will make or break the season.  Texas A&M especially.  They are either going to win the west or be 4-8.

• Like 2

Just now, Zeek said:

After scrimmage 1 and with a little bit more information what do you think will be Auburn's final regular season record?

• SEP 9th - Auburn @ CAL - 9:30 PM CST
  • OCT 21st - Ole Miss @ Auburn - Time TBD

Here are my thoughts:

• UMass - if we don't win then it's time to burn down the program - W
  • CAL - this is a tricky and weird game. They lost to all of the good teams they played last year but kept the games close. Going to give us the nod. - W
  • Samford - same as UMass - W
  • Texas A&M - undefeated heading into a stadium where we have actually had some luck. I think Jimbo ain't it. - W
  • Georgia - anything can happen at JHS but I don't expect us to be to this level yet. - L
  • LSU - I think they're going to come back down to reality a little bit this year but still too much for us on the road. - L
  • Ole Miss - Hugh's old school, we almost hired Lane, this one has to be the most interesting evenly matched game of the year. I think we win at home and as Hugh tries to pull out a win. - W
  • Mississippi State - this is a game we should win in my opinion. - W
  • Vandy - Lea is a great coach for them but we need to win this game to be respected. - W
  • Arkansas - I think KJ Jefferson is going to abuse our LBs as of now. - L
  • NMST - should win - W
  • Alabama - just not there yet but hey it's at home.... L

8-4

• Like 3

7-5 ------- Don't think the 1st scrimmage should change much.  

Probably look more improved than our record shows for it.

We have a 4 game season.  A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi

I think we split those and end up at 7-5

• Like 1

• UMass - Even Harsin wouldn’t have lost this one. Too much of a talent gap. - W
  • CAL - This has the odd feel of a trappy type game on the west coast later at night. I think it will be uncomfortably close, but we should still pull it out. - W
  • Samford - same as UMass - W
  • Texas A&M - I’ll own it if I’m wrong. I’ve been very vocal about thinking this team is getting way to much credit. Jimbo needed to fix his outdated stale offense so he brings in a guy that also runs an outdated offense. Petrino?? Again… a tight game being a road game, but we out coach Jimbo and win. - W
  • Georgia - Makes me vomit, but this is the only game that I think we have no chance in. Too much of a talent gap right now.  - L
  • LSU - I also think they are getting a little overhyped. There’s a lot of focus on how they got better last season. I think people are too fixated on that and are assuming they’ve continue to improve at the same rate as last year. Still, we haven’t had the best record playing in Death Valley. I think they make one or two more plays than us here. - L
  • Ole Miss - I think we are actually pretty evenly matched. Give me the home team.  - W
  • Mississippi State - Their new head coach decided to move MSU back to a pro style system and abandoned the air raid. No idea if this will work eventually, but I think they’ll have growing pains.. - W
  • Vandy - Vandy is still Vandy.  - W
  • Arkansas - I like Pittman, but I don’t think he’s a good strategic coach. I think Arkansas is moving backwards again. They won’t be as good this year.  - W
  • NMST - same as first game- W
  • Alabama - This one is interesting.  They have more talent than us. But I have questions about their offense. Bryce was almost all their offense last year, and I’ve not been blown away by their QB footage this off-season. They aren’t as untouchable as they used to be. Add in the fact that our games against them in Auburn have been impressive. We’ve only been blown out at home 2 times this century… 2001 and 2011. All the rest of the games were either Auburn wins or close. I’m going to err on the side of caution, but if things come together, it wouldn’t surprise me if we pulled out a win. L

My projection is 9-3. But it all hinges on OL, DL, and QB play. All were bad last year, and I don’t think anyone really knows how much they have improved. I don’t see us going backwards from last year. Freeze is a better coach and has upgraded our talent. So I think our floor is there. No progress from last year, we could slide to 6-6. If we happen to have improved a lot and continue to improve through the season, 11-1 while far from likely is plausible. 

Edited by ScotsAU

Im going 8-4. but the best looking, most scariest 8-4 team in CFB.

I think we lose to UGA  but punch them in the mouth a little in our stadium. Probably a 33-20 type of game with UGA scoring late to make it appear woirse.

I think we win one of LSU and Bama. Don't know which.  I think we split Tamu, Arky, Ole Miss and MSST.  We will be competitve in every game, but it will be clear that our roster is just not deep enough yet for a run. We will scare people though for next year.

• Like 2

• UMass - Agree with Zeek. This is a tune up easy dub. - W
  • CAL - I think this is the game that people start paying a bit of attention. I think we will just be too fast a physical for them. 14 point win- W
  • Samford - Gonna beat them like a drum. 28+ win. - W 
  • Texas A&M -  Close game, due to the environment, but A&M imo is going to be as bad as last year. This game is going to heat up Jimbo’s seat really good if he loses. - Toss up
  • Georgia - We don’t have the horses yet, but we keep in respectable. - L
  • LSU - We historically don’t do well here, but it’s close. LSU pulls away late. - L
  • Ole Miss - I think we expose them in JHS for the trash program they are. 17+win. OM fans start to chatter about Kiffin not being the guy. - W
  • Mississippi State - I think we beat them by a lot. They don’t have the personnel to compete without the air raid. - W
  • Vandy - Close until the 4th, but we win by 10. - W
  • Arkansas -I don’t believe in Arky, but I think they sneak up . - Toss Up
  • NMST - should win - W
  • Alabama - Hugh assumes his place as king of the castle. We win this in the last min. -W

Somewhere between 8-4, 10-2. I just don’t see us losing to the Miss schools and I think JHS is going to once again get to Bama. We just don’t know enough about the QB and D Line for me to say 10-2 for sure. 

• Like 2

• SEP 9th - Auburn @ CAL - 9:30 PM CST
  • OCT 21st - Ole Miss @ Auburn - Time TBD

7 - 5 with a brutal 4-week stretch in the first half of the season before finally turning the corner and finishing strong.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree that this should be our first big year back. 

2025 we'll have a QB without any experience and most likely replacing 4 sr OL

8 wins for certain, assuming no injuries to critical pieces like tackle and center.   9 wins is very possible.  Auburn is at its best during coaching transitions and when expectations are tempered.   History doesn't often lie.   10 wins are possible.   Literally no one knows what this team is capable of because this team is totally rebuilt with quality talent and a quality staff.   Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The four most talented teams we will face are Texas A&M, LSU, UGA, and Bama. Ole Miss and Arkansas are toss-ups. But I can't see us losing to either Mississippi team at home. I think we will be up for the Arkansas game.

That puts things at an 8-4. We could lose to an Ole Miss or an Arkansas, but win Texas A&M. My gut says we are more likely to beat Bama than Texas A&M, because of the intangibles.

Of course, we could struggle, and lose to Cal or some other team and end up 7-5 or even 6-6.

But we also could go 9-3.

We seem to have a solid enough defense, offensive line, wide receivers, tight-ends, and running backs. We have a two-year starter transfer QB. Many positions are upgraded from last year.

That puts me at 8-4, with a 7-5 floor and a 9-3 upside.

Hard for me to predict a W given the talent gap, but I'm not convinced UGA is an automatic loss. We're they're first road game and they'll have a new QB in an electric JHS with Bobo as their OC.

I think we lose to TAMU, LSU, and Arky. Split UGA and Bama.

8-4

I haven't posted in a while but here is my thoughts.

if we beat A&M then i think we beat uga at home with a very loud home field advantage...think of 2017 uga game , uga will miss stetson bennett this year in tight ball games, the kid was mister clutch in tight games 

then we lose to LSU and go into the iron bowl with 1 L 

The iron bowl could be crazy this year 

If we lose to A&M then I think we lose to UGA, LSU and BAMA and go 8-4