My Thoughts from the Stadium (UMass 2023)

abw0004

Saw comments on YouTube someone said maybe best online since 17?

I don’t know about that yet ^though online play does seem to be improved  I saw two-three missed assignments against Umass Saturday and that will get Thorne , Ashford or whoever our qb is killed once sec play starts 

Edited by KnightTiger

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Weather:    Ideal weather in my opinion for a September game.

Stadium Enhancements: 😉  This was not all, as long lines have always been an issue at the concession stands, but this year Auburn introduced a "grab and go" system.  It is a lifesaver

Auburn Marching Band:  Who doesn't love our marching band?  As a former drumline guy who follows the professional circuit to an extent, their precision and how they hit their sets and hit their notes is impressive.  

Hugh Freeze:  I have never seen a fanbase so excited for a head coach.  After Auburn did the player introductions (which is a new video format this year too), Auburn introduced Hugh Freeze and the stadium lost it.  Hugh is a prefect fit for Auburn and I am so glad we have him as our head coach.  I hope he stays for a long time.  One thing Hugh did do after the game was celebrate with the fans at Toomer's Corner, throwing toilet paper up in the famed oaks.  As much as I liked Malzahn, I don't think he ever did that with fans, and Harsin, well, he didn't even know where the Oaks were.  

:wareagle:

Weather: I watched the forecast all week and was so happy the weatherman finally gotten right.   That will help our kids with a quick turnaround and long road trip this week.

Concessions:  The lines in the East stands were still way too long.

Band:  So my seats are on the east side where the band comes out and hour or so before kickoff and lines up and plays a few minutes.   The drumline is simply unreal.  So what is it called when they hit the top edge of the drum and it makes that incredibly distinct click sound?   Since you are a former drumline guy, I'm sure you won't mind me saying it is the coolest part of a lot of cool things going on with the band.

CHF:  100%.   He went and bless him he threw the TP, four times, until he finally got it right and then took photos with kids.   He is exactly what we needed.

p.s. Thanks for your efforts.   WDE!!! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

So what is it called when they hit the top edge of the drum and it makes that incredibly distinct click sound?

That’s a rim shot!  It’s when you hit the head of the drum and the rim at the exact same time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That’s a rim shot!  It’s when you hit the head of the drum and the rim at the exact same time. 

It deserves a cool name like rim shot!!!  It sounds so cool when they are coming out of the tunnel doing it on every 10th or so note and it slowly gets louder and louder as they get closer to the field....   So for us idiots, the head of the drum is the piece, cowhide or whatever the material is, where every other drum note is generated? 

Lines were insane all game … just couldn’t move anywhere.  But it wasn’t so much the concession lines as the people walking through the outer concourse were bumper to bumper so concession lines couldn’t queue.

And this was the case at all regular gates …

IMG_7166.jpeg

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Lines were insane all game … just couldn’t move anywhere.  But it wasn’t so much the concession lines as the people walking through the outer concourse were bumper to bumper so concession lines couldn’t queue.

And this was the case at all regular gates …

IMG_7166.jpeg

I felt bad for the folks standing in concession lines.  We have scholarship seats so, as you know, we get free food and there is never a line.   I went down twice and both times the lines in the east stands were easily 100 people deep.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

It deserves a cool name like rim shot!!!  It sounds so cool when they are coming out of the tunnel doing it on every 10th or so note and it slowly gets louder and louder as they get closer to the field....   So for us idiots, the head of the drum is the piece, cowhide or whatever the material is, where every other drum note is generated? 

Correct.  A long time ago the heads were made of cowhide, but not the heads are made of Kevlar.  

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I felt bad for the folks standing in concession lines.  We have scholarship seats so, as you know, we get free food and there is never a line.   I went down twice and both times the lines in the east stands were easily 100 people deep.

Humble brag..........? 😉😆🤣

J/K. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Haha 1

War Eagle!!!  
 For those of you who buy the seat backs each year, have yours been replaced recently?

we have had seat backs for 5 years now and they haven’t been replaced .  
Just wondering if I was the only one

Thanks

Fred

10 minutes ago, AU Pops said:

War Eagle!!!  
 For those of you who buy the seat backs each year, have yours been replaced recently?

we have had seat backs for 5 years now and they haven’t been replaced .  
Just wondering if I was the only one

Thanks

Fred

Mine have not been replaced.