***Touchdown Auburn Bowl - Week 3 Picks***

Auctoritas

Week 3! Auburn gets a nice easy FCS matchup to wash the West Coast out of our mouths, and there's a few good games to boot! We also see the start of in-conference games - meaning we get some room to pick some of the in-state games as well! 

Some ground rules for the season. Games will include all SEC games for the week, plus a few extra national games of importance. I will be using the AP Top 25 poll for those point values.

Point values:
3 POINTS for games between unranked teams OR Ranked vs Cupcake
4 POINTS for games with ranked vs. unranked (only if Power 5)
5 POINTS for games between ranked opponents

There will be an optional "total points" tiebreaker that will be used ON A WEEKLY BASIS to determine the weekly winner in the event of a tie. The goal is to get the closest to the number of combined points in the identified tiebreaker game WITHOUT going over (what can I say - I grew up watching The Price is Right). In other words, if there is a tie for the weekly winner and the tiebreaker game had a total combined point total of 40, and one player guesses 36 and the other guesses 41, the person who guesses 36 would be declared the weekly winner (which, honestly, does nothing except for establish bragging rights!).

Points carry through the end of the season, and the winner at the end gets not only to revel in the accolades of their peers while the losers suffer the ignominy of defeat, but this year I will be making a contribution to the site in your name to get you access to the Eagles Nest. Don't want to wait for your assured, eventual victory? SUPPORT THIS SITE! You'll get access to that private forum and the feeling of doing something good for this amazing community.

As I mentioned, rather than doing the old way where we put picks in forum posts, I've embedded a poll into the post. Picks are due for the week by the time the main slate kicks off at Noon Eastern. Note that some weeks have a Thursday game - if you miss that game or enter your picks after the start of that game, it will not count. Please only submit your picks once - in the event of multiple entries, I will take the first one you submit. If you are concerned about whether your picks are in, just hit me up. I will @ everyone who played, and will bump the thread to keep it fresh on Thursday as a reminder. If you need to change your picks (for a good reason), just send me a message or tag me in a reply and I will clear your picks so you can start over. Keep in mind that I'm the commissioner of this game, and so it's up to my discretion about whether to let you do that - don't abuse that request!

Last thing - in past years, we would do a separate thread dedicated for trash talking so we didn't clutter up the picks thread. With the new system, all bets are off - feel free to let your fellow players have it here.

Good luck, and War Eagle!

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 2

Giving this the midweek bump!  Based on last week's entries, I am missing the following people's picks: 

@abw0004@around4ever @aublaise @arein0 @AuburnEagle79 @auburnpride99 @AUEAGLE @AUJete1112 @AUx @ellitor @ertrader @GATiger81 @GwillMac6 @PKPTiger81 @Rednilla @RunInRed @Shadow Tiger @TeBoneAU @theweegler @Tiger @Trakem @WarEagle1983

If your name ISN'T listed here and you played last week - I got your picks! And, as always, new players are accepted and welcome. You still have time to put your prognostication skills to the test and catch up! Especially this week - this week has chaos written all over it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Aight appreciate the heads up every week! Good to go.

• Thanks 1