QB motivation

LPTiger

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Pretty sure those last two endlesses were superfluous.

1) I enjoy @LPTiger’s stuff. A lot  2) I love the word superfluous 3) Damn we need AU to have a break out game.  We’ve regressed to critiquing friggin writing styles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Coach Dye was a football whisperer...   "Some times you go out there and you lay your guts on the line and you come up short and the only option you have is to go out there and lay them on the line again and again and again..."   I see a lot of CPFD in CHF.   He is going to figure it out...

I don’t see Dye in Hugh. I don’t think Dye would point out he stepped in to call the game winning play. Dye rarely said more than needed to be said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AURex said:

Another endless endless endless word salad. My apology, but are you capable to creating cogherent segments, like maybe paragraphs? I'm not meaning to be disrespectful. I'm sure you have really meaningful insights. But personally, I'm just not up for digging through a post of 1,000 verbiage with no coherent structure.

Salads are a funny genre of food aren’t they. We have fruit salads, side salads, taco salad, Caesars and potato. So many great salads in this world. 

19 hours ago, LPTiger said:

The way he threw Fairweather open on the back shoulder throw on 3rd and 17 was really good.  The TD pass was perfectly placed.

The TD pass was perfectly placed, but the 3rd & 17 was underthrown. Fairweather made a great adjustment. It was a long throw, and one of few that was completed that game, so not dissing the accuracy. But that was Fairweather making a really good play, not Thorne. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Viper said:

The TD pass was perfectly placed, but the 3rd & 17 was underthrown. Fairweather made a great adjustment. It was a long throw, and one of few that was completed that game, so not dissing the accuracy. But that was Fairweather making a really good play, not Thorne. 

I swear sometimes I think some folks watch a completely different game than others.  lol

That 3rd/17 pass was so grossly underthrown by Thorne, Fairweather had to contort himself to make the play.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I swear sometimes I think some folks watch a completely different game than others.  lol

That 3rd/17 pass was so grossly underthrown by Thorne, Fairweather had to contort himself to make the play.

Most def

51 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

It looked to be a back shoulder throw to me but may have just been short.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t see Dye in Hugh. I don’t think Dye would point out he stepped in to call the game winning play. Dye rarely said more than needed to be said.

Totally agree with your second sentence.  After the UMass game when CHF was questioned about playing so many players and he responded with "some I played them because we are going to need them later in the year and some I played them  because their mommas and daddies and girl friends were sitting in the stands and they practice against us every day and make us better.   With one group we were building depth and with the other we were building memories.   AND both are just as important to me."   Man, I can hear those words coming out of CPFD's mouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Most def

When I saw it live, they were coming toward us about 60 yards away on the west side of the field and we were in the east corner.   I thought I saw the safety with over the top coverage.   I thought Thorne threw Fairweather open.  But, maybe not.   At a minimum, on a critical 3rd and 17 play, he made a throw that was completed.  Maybe last year's passing game has got me grasping at straws....

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Totally agree with your second sentence.  After the UMass game when CHF was questioned about playing so many players and he responded with "some I played them because we are going to need them later in the year and some I played them  because their mommas and daddies and girl friends were sitting in the stands and they practice against us every day and make us better.   With one group we were building depth and with the other we were building memories.   AND both are just as important to me."   Man, I can hear those words coming out of CPFD's mouth.

Maybe. I can imagine Dye saying that off camera.

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Maybe last year's passing game has got me grasping at straws....

Maybe after the last couple of years we need to revisit the basics.

19 hours ago, AURex said:

Another endless endless endless word salad. My apology, but are you capable to creating cogherent segments, like maybe paragraphs? I'm not meaning to be disrespectful. I'm sure you have really meaningful insights. But personally, I'm just not up for digging through a post of 1,000 verbiage with no coherent structure.

Where can I get some of that endless endless endless word salad? Panera bread? 

22 hours ago, DAG said:

Better learn how to deal With it now or he will be eaten alive at the next level 

if this is how he reacts to criticism he probably won't make it to the next level.

• Like 1

i am not worried about thorne yet. for whatever reason the whole"O" was horrible and turnovers killed us. it was like they were sleep walking or something. i am not too worried right now but if it continues i will be worried about not making some kind of bowl. even if it is a cheap bowl it is more practice time and with new schemes it will be a major plus.

LP i enjoy your thoughts myself. just keep being you.

oj! i forgot i do wish they would change how robby comes in the game so thorne can get into a rhythm.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Jerry, I just watched the 3rd and 17 pass again.   Thorne has a good pocket.   Both tackles pushed the ends out wide and back behind PT.   There is no push up the middle so PT properly steps up in the pocket and rests his feet.   But at the moment he releases the ball, his front foot inexplicably comes up off the ground, causing him to not be able to step into the throw.  I would encourage everyone to go to the Auburn Everyday show.   It shows the play really well.   To be clear, he isn't throwing on the run where his front foot would naturally have to come up and back.   Instead, his feet are planted until the front foot comes up and forward.   It is as if he stepped on a banana peel.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:27 PM, TexasTiger said:

Agreed. The two are nothing alike. 

Two years ago it was Harsin being compared to Dye. Now Freeze is.

oh-stop-it-498-x-280-gif-b6xrrwcnijjf3v8

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Just to throw another angle into the conversation about PT. Has anyone thought about the fact that, with all the mess going on with Mel Tucker, he might have had a bit of a distraction? Maybe worried about his former teammates and friends? A little survivor’s guilt? 🤷‍♀️ Just me throwing the emotional angle in again.  

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, W.E.D said:

idk, that was a pretty bad pass.  He was open over the top and basically picked it up off his shoe laces.  Amazing catch by Rivaldo.  The Fade was a beauty tho

It was a bad pass. It was underthrown. The defensive guy should have intercepted it. Fairweather was pretty amazing to catch it.

Edited by Auburn93

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Jerry, I just watched the 3rd and 17 pass again.   Thorne has a good pocket.   Both tackles pushed the ends out wide and back behind PT.   There is no push up the middle so PT properly steps up in the pocket and rests his feet.   But at the moment he releases the ball, his front foot inexplicably comes up off the ground, causing him to not be able to step into the throw.  I would encourage everyone to go to the Auburn Everyday show.   It shows the play really well.   To be clear, he isn't throwing on the run where his front foot would naturally have to come up and back.   Instead, his feet are planted until the front foot comes up and forward.   It is as if he stepped on a banana peel.

45 minutes ago, Viper said:

Agreed. The two are nothing alike. 

Two years ago it was Harsin being compared to Dye. Now Freeze is.

oh-stop-it-498-x-280-gif-b6xrrwcnijjf3v8

Hugh is more like Terry Bowden here