What do you want to see against Georgia

Win4AU

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Scar still schemed a few open guys, even after the WR1 went out. Couldn’t run at all and pass blocking didn’t exist as the game progressed. I imagine that’s going to be the same for us, although I didn’t watch this UAB game where they were somewhat interesting I guess. 

Probably going to be a blitz on 75-80% plays bare minimum. It would be surprising, and VERY exciting, if Thorne can get the ball out of his hands at all on Saturday. That would be progress in itself 

and it's not like kirby disguises his blitzes. you usually can see them coming a mile away. kinda like last wee......oh. right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1. Declare an identity on O and spend the whole game trying to establish it.  Personally, I don't see any way they can play only one guy at QB v UGA. So, more quick routes on early downs for PT--and insert some shovel passes into his package. Considering the RB talent on campus, I'd love to see some twisted version of a true flexbone with RA when he comes on ... But frankly, for now, anything that lets them hold the ball and rest the D would be gold. 

2. Wage war against attrition.  Sub liberally in the hopes of limiting further injuries and building quality reps for the depth chart. 

3. Circle the wagons, gentlemen.  Win or lose, heartbreaker or blowout; I'd love to see an improvement in player and coach body language. Saw some exasperation start to creep in late last week and this team can't afford that. Continue to mold the culture. I know this is out of fashion these days but a small, fiery scrum that rallies hometown morale might not be the worst thing in the world. Or maybe CHF could pull a good ol' Bobby Cox at some point, that might work, too. Time to fire this rivalry right back up!

4. Let the shenanigans commence.  Pick your spots but I could see some dramatic wrinkles, trick plays, ST chicanery, etc. really giving this squad a boost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Run the dang ball!  We already know we can’t pass so button up the chin straps, man up and take it right at them.  If they stop it they stop it.  All the passing attempts are doing is getting us behind the chains because of sacks, holding penalties, dropped balls and inaccurate throws.  Recognize your limitations!  

• Like 3

A change in attitude from the coaching staff. 3-15 against UGA over the last 18 years. This is a major contributor to the talent discrepancy between the two programs. Coach Freeze needs to take a Pat Dye approach to the UGA rivalry. Bama is always the biggest. But in my opinion, failure to compete against UGA has had an incredibly significant negative impact to the Auburn football program. And if he doesn’t think there is hate, he should spend some time in north Atlanta and he will soon understand. War Eagle. 

On 9/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, weagl1 said:

Run the dang ball!  We already know we can’t pass so button up the chin straps, man up and take it right at them.  If they stop it they stop it.  All the passing attempts are doing is getting us behind the chains because of sacks, holding penalties, dropped balls and inaccurate throws.  Recognize your limitations!  

I've thought about this. I know it's a new staff and all but why not just line up and run it if Thorne isn't getting it done? I think Battie can make some plays in space. Modern football, yadda yadda yadda I get it but when you're not getting explosive plays on offense you need to win the battles of field position and giving your defense a break.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, gr82b4au said:

200 yards passing 

200 yards rushing

24-31 points 

in other words, something we haven't done but once this season and that was against UMASS.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, AUINSY said:

Actually, I changed my mind. Just no injuries at this point is all I want to see.

Yup need all hands on deck to take out UBYE next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

in other words, something we haven't done but once this season and that was against UMASS.

Well, the title of the thread was, what do you want to see? Not what do you think we will see. Haha

On 9/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, GoAU said:

Want to see toilet paper hanging from the oaks at Toomers!!!

On a more realistic note:

1) Some level of improvement on the OL 

2) Some cohesive play along to get some rhythm.  A little throw and catch would be great!

3) Defensively - keep the fight going!  Get a couple of turnovers to give us a chance. 

This is spot on...improvement all around and keep that fight going.

One of the things I hope to see is an amazing environment. The AU Fam needs to bring it before, during and after. Our team needs us and it needs to be electric! It also won't hurt to show out for the large number of recruits we have coming as well.

• Like 1

Auburn has to stay out of passing downs as much as possible. I don't see them converting that many third downs.

image.png.0a47059f209bcb7628fc0e9221c5d2f5.png

I found some concerning offensive stats (crazy, right?)

•  OLD (points per drive on a long starting field position) 
    • Ranked 114th (0 pts)
  • OMD (points per drive on middle starting field position)
    • Ranked 112th (1.14 pts)
  • OSD (points per drive on a short starting field position)
    • Ranked 7th (6.2)

So, unless Auburn gets the ball on the green zone, they're probably not scoring. That is not ideal for an offense. They can't finish drives. They have got to figure out how to move the football and at least play field position if they can't get any points.

And yes UGA is much better. Silver lining though is that they allow some points in short field position

image.thumb.png.62cb842030fe57a94873912b48f4c81f.png

Despite all this South Carolina had a lead at half time in Athens! A point half time deficit in JHS would be much different.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 12:19 PM, tigerrules said:

A change in attitude from the coaching staff. 3-15 against UGA over the last 18 years. This is a major contributor to the talent discrepancy between the two programs. Coach Freeze needs to take a Pat Dye approach to the UGA rivalry. Bama is always the biggest. But in my opinion, failure to compete against UGA has had an incredibly significant negative impact to the Auburn football program. And if he doesn’t think there is hate, he should spend some time in north Atlanta and he will soon understand. War Eagle. 

Good post. I want to see a partially competent passing game, offensive line blocking longer than 2 seconds and just better play calling. I definitely don’t expect a win, but something closer to a gelled performance and a step forward. This O just looks awful so far and a valiant effort would be a great start. Why not AU, I mean even SC hung with GA. We’ve got a lot of recruits coming in and we need so much help and definitely don’t need to lose any we have committed currently.  Just my thoughts. 

I want to see signs that whatever has been "off" between Hugh & Monty has been fixed so that the offense makes some kind of sense. Because right now I'm baffled & really troubled by Hugh's comments about not running a single RPO last week & if we don't run some this week he's going to have a heart attack. That just raises all kinds of troublesome questions for me. Did Hugh have no input in last week's offensive game plan? Did he not notice during the game last week that we weren't running any RPOs? Because I'm pretty sure he had headphones & could have asked Monty about it during the game, but it seems he didn't. Why not? It just seems the coaching communications on offense are "off" & that needs to be fixed. What made Hugh a coach worth hiring was his offensive vision & his playcalling, but it seems he's been doing neither to this point. I mean, WTH?

• Like 1

No turnovers

No drive killing penalties

Thorne +60% 

Consistent and smart pressure on Beck

No blown coverages

0 TDs for Bowers 

• Like 4

Partial Freeze quote:

Freeze says Auburn has had a good week of practice and had "very few" mistakes Thursday. Tigers "practiced faster and understood the plan better.”

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, weagl1 said:

The days of winning games through the running game alone in this conference are over. We have to recruit receivers, linemen who can pass block and QBs who can make the throws. To do that, we have to stop looking like a high school option offense, even if we suck at doing so. Plus, our starting RBs are solid, but they aren't game changers. If we get beat, we have to get beat moving toward the eventual goal. I'm not sure what that is, but I know it's not option reads up the gut.