2023-24 Season Practice/Preview (Multiple Threads Merged)

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m just glad someone sees it! I also think those different styles will be a butt for opposing teams. You go from the push the pace, complimentary playmaker for others to a dude who’s an actual scoring dynamo. You won’t be able to take a single minute off on defense with these dudes

At the 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 this year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Speaking of pace, it would be nuts for this team not to be arguably the best transition offense in the conference. They’ll probably be more methodical with Broome as a center point of the offense, but he is a dude that can be a trailing 3 point taker and maker. If you have Tre-Denver-Chaney (?)-Jaylin-Johni, that’s 4 plus athletes and Tre really likes those look ahead passes

Lot's of options. I'm so excited about this team 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 8:40 AM, Dunndone414 said:

If true, the ceiling is higher with a team that is average defensively and elite offensively versus the other way around, imo. 

Not sure I agree with this generally, but I guess it depends on what is average and what is elite and how you gauge it. Offensive teams can be streaky and lay eggs that cause losses to inferior teams. Defensive teams tend to be more consistent. I would like to see a team more like our final four team that isn't elite in scoring defense but is elite in creating turnovers and speeding up the pace of play.  

On 10/14/2023 at 9:07 AM, phillyeagle said:

This team can be great with a top-tier offense and average defense, if they can avoid the turnovers that have plagued Auburn teams in the last few seasons.

Its all relative. What is a lot of turnovers depends on pace, and how many you are also creating. I hope the offense is as good as advertised, but elite offense (and defense really) requires chemistry. WIth so many new parts, that can take time to build. Our starters making a bunch of shots in scrimmages vs the scout team doesn't tell us a whole lot.