2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I wanted us to pursue Ward when he transferred from Incarnate Word. I won’t get my hopes up, but would be thrilled if we could snag him.

Me too. I climbed up on my roof and shouted go get Ward from Incarnate Word. Nobody was listening😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

The best possible scenario for PT was to have a really solid game vs Maryland. We could’ve gone into the offseason feeling better about 2024, especially with the young studs we have coming in at the WR position. The worst case scenario happened instead. It was a dazed and confused performance. Now, no matter what rave reviews we hear or see from spring ball, there will be no fan optimism for the offense going into 2024. Hugh has some very important decisions to make in the near future. 

Agreed.
I think one thing it may have also done is tilted the transfer qb option significantly more toward reward than risk. 
I understood that Freeze didn’t want to lose his two most experienced QBs on the chance that a transfer QB doesn’t work out. 
Now that we have some indication that Hank could step in if necessary, I’m hoping he has changed his mind really tries to get a difference maker. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not surprised. Not only did Thorne’s bowl game performance break the fan base it broke Hugh Freeze too. He was convinced after the iron bowl that Thorne turned the corner but after the bowl performance he couldn’t take it no more. 

Im glad he’s seemingly not acting stubborn and trying to get more help

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So much for that….

Damn…. Maybe he’s projected to go higher in the draft than he expected 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Na, let's just keep the one we got. No need to try to improve. It's amazing we want to improve the roster. I guess that just applies to WR. We run most of the wr we got from the portal off and got 2 more from the portal. Guess no improvement needed in QB room.

You’re not following. I’m fine if we go to the portal. I hope we get someone who can make a difference. I just don’t see many sure things. Folks go on and on like it’s obvious and easy. I’m not going to be any more convinced Cam Ward or anyone else will succeed here until I see it happen.

• Like 1

What you gone do now Freeze? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7l8il1t8ds0kva0vfb4

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Did Robby withdraw?

IMG_0085.png

Surprising if this decision was made at the date shown but wasn’t brought up by media.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re not following. I’m fine if we go to the portal. I hope we get someone who can make a difference. I just don’t see many sure things. Folks go on and on like it’s obvious and easy. I’m not going to be any more convinced Cam Ward or anyone else will succeed here until I see it happen.

Same can be said about any portal addition at any position.  We have proof PT isn't the answer. We need  QB with 1 yr to get to WW Or Hank. I have to think KJ would be better than throwing for less than 100 yds a game. He has done it for more than 1 yr against SEC defenses. Word is he wouldn't be that expensive.  Bring him in and if PT beats him out, so be it. Our Back up QB have thrown for 35 passes combined.  

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Same can be said about any portal addition at any position.  We have proof PT isn't the answer. We need  QB with 1 yr to get to WW Or Hank. I have to think KJ would be better than throwing for less than 100 yds a game. He has done it for more than 1 yr against SEC defenses. Word is he wouldn't be that expensive.  Bring him in and if PT beats him out, so be it. Our Back up QB have thrown for 35 passes combined.  

He could only muster 3 points against Mississippi St.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He could only muster 3 points against Mississippi St.

What did he muster over the course of 3 yrs. He threw over 150 yds 7 times this year, against Bama lsu ole miss included. Did PT break 100 against any of them? It's a mute point,  Gustav got him

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Kaidon Salters accuracy looks shaky but seems to be a playmaker.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

Man, I wish this smoke about ward would come to fruition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man, I wish this smoke about ward would come to fruition.

Uh...didn't he announce he was going pro already?

Seems to be buzz about Salter?

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What smoke u referring to?

Apparently other auburn sites stating we attempted to reach out to Ward, but it looks like his price is just too high for everyone.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What did he muster over the course of 3 yrs. He threw over 150 yds 7 times this year, against Bama lsu ole miss included. Did PT break 100 against any of them? It's a mute point,  Gustav got him

You’re getting awfully excited for 150 yards.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re getting awfully excited for 150 yards.

When I watch PT struggle to throw for 75, yeah 150 would be an improvement.  Probably win a couple more games this past year.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

When I watch PT struggle to throw for 75, yeah 150 would be an improvement.  Probably win a couple more games this past year.

I don’t see a magic bullet out there. Brown and White, Coach ‘em up and surround them with talent.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t see a magic bullet out there. Brown and White, Coach ‘em up and surround them with talent.

I dont have a problem going with the youth movement.  If we don't though, we won't win 5 games next year. Another screw up by Freeze this year by not giving HG or HB snaps instead of wasting them on RA.