2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

15 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

NIL is not paid by the school.

Not yet….. Virginia will be the first state. 

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well then, will Aden Holloway have to sit a year at bammer? If not, why not?

@Mikey@NoALtiger @TigerPAC No because they are in different seasons. Football is a Fall Sport & basketball is a Winter sport. The deadline for Fall sports to be in the portal and play immediately wthin the SEC is February 1st. For Winter sports it's May1st. Aden entered the portal around April 20th, a week & half before the winter sport deadline. Link

In order to gain immediate eligibility, a student-athlete will need to declare his or her intent to transfer by February 1 for Fall sports, May 1 for Winter sports and July 1 for Spring sports.

• Thanks 5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Ronan Chambers just committed to us from Akron. OT 6-6 290 has one year left 

Great depth piece. We now have the best overall OL since at least 2017 and possibly since Braden Smith, as far as quality depth is concerned. This works perfect for this year - gives us the extra body but doesn’t take any recruit’s spot or any talented RFr or Sophomore who is planning to start next year. 

Idk if our starters are as good as we were 7-8 years ago, but at least we have some depth. 

Edit: saw someone talking about him starting at RG over Wright. Idk about that but, whatever floats your boat.

Edited by lca408

On 5/2/2024 at 10:13 AM, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I was thinking the other day it may be a good thing if the school that a kid is transferring TO (or the player themself) ,  has to pay a % back of the Original school's  (transferring from) NIL investment.  Esp.  at the level of the SEC.  May be the SEC can work something  similar out.

Some NIL collectives are already structuring their deals that way. But it is the NIL collective, and not the school. 

Welcome, Ronan!

Glad we beat out western Ky, Utah St and App. St and that you chose us over Tulane. You'll get a better year of education at Auburn than the Zips could have provided and if you have a solid football year, our staffs always know how to maximize NFL opportunities. 

• Haha 2

I’m just glad we have a bunch of coaches that know what they are doing on the recruiting front!  What a change from the tater boys!

Has Ronan taken a red shirt? He's the 16th O lineman on the team, if I heard correctly this morning. 

17 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I’m just glad we have a bunch of coaches that know what they are doing on the recruiting front!  What a change from the tater boys!

In fairness, they didn't have a lot of booster support, so I think they reverted to their small school thought process because they were fighting such an uphill battle. That hire was an unmitigated disaster from beginning to end. I blame Allen Greene.

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

In fairness, they didn't have a lot of booster support, so I think they reverted to their small school thought process because they were fighting such an uphill battle. That hire was an unmitigated disaster from beginning to end. I blame Allen Greene.

Absolutely!  Allen Greene set the program back years.  Just think of where it would be if Freeze had been hired when Greene brought us Coach Arson (Freudian slip).  

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Harsin deserves no “yeah, but”s. Booster support had nothing to do with him never visiting or talking head coaches at the state’s biggest high schools. Or ghosting recruits on visits. He could not have recruited worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Harsin deserves no “yeah, but”s. Booster support had nothing to do with him never visiting or talking head coaches at the state’s biggest high schools. Or ghosting recruits on visits. He could not have recruited worse.

Absolutely. JOX in Birmingham actually took a phone call from a guy that took his son to AU on an official visit. He went to a home game and then waited for some time after the game to meet Harsin. The position coaches and support people were there and then informed the player that the HC was too busy but appreciated him showing up. I didn't believe it and called a better connected friend. He replied it was true. But we waited until the PSU game to give up on BH.

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No "yeah, but". Just acknowledging that it wasn't all on him. He did nothing to make the situation better, which *is* on him, but there was more going wrong in Auburn athletics at the time than just Harsin. That's all I was saying.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 6:12 AM, Rednilla said:

I just wanted to add that because of Leath, we had zero leadership in December 2020. Put yourself in Jay Gogue’s shoes. You have to be called out of retirement because your replacement was such a [redacted]. You then have to guide the university through the biggest global crisis since WW2. Are you doing anything BUT mailing it in at that point? I fully believe the Gus-Steele saga, and therefore the Potato hire, wouldn’t have happened had Roberts been prez by that point.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The main quote from the article about the double bonus of this signing: "While adding depth to the Tigers’ room of defensive backs, the addition of Fegans Jr. also creates a connection between Auburn and his younger brother, Anquon Fegans, who is ranked a 4-star safety in the class of 2025 and a big target for the Tigers."

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

younger brother, Anquon Fegans, who is ranked a 4-star safety in the class of 2025 and a big target for the Tigers."

I've seen more of these "brother or cousin" things blow up than not. Still, if we have the scholly I guess it's worth a shot.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2