2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

5 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I don't think we have an SEC level QB currently on the roster,   so the competition would be welcome. 

We could have 2.  They are just     Young   and   Younger.

But I agree,  the more competition the better.

17 hours ago, BJH3324 said:

He is a better passer that RA but has not faced SEC level defenses or a schedule like ours 

He also doesn't have sec teammates surrounding him. 

• Like 1

I saw where we offered BJ Mayes in the portal. He's currently a cornerback at UAB. He is from Houston, Texas and played 2 years at Incarnate Word and this year at UAB. He said his current offers are from Memphis, Illinois, Arkansas, Texas A&M and Auburn. His numbers were pretty good the past 2 years.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

2021 4* LB Scooby Williams from Ramsay just hit the portal. Birmingham kid that chose Florida over us. Had 50+ tackles this past season. Time to bring him home! 

Over on the Florida Gators message boards, they were talking about Scooby hitting the portal and they all kinda said the same thing: he's pretty average but they need him for depth purposes because they're thin behind him. Just as far as his play goes, they don't seem to think much of him. I really wanted him at Auburn out of high school. 

19 hours ago, DAG said:

Both. I know people are going to say but but Peyton Thorne , however his WRs had several drops and one drop that led to an interception. Also he plays for Liberty , so not much you can do when you are playing the pac 12 runner ups. Let’s compare like opponents between the two. 

For real. Oregon might be the second best team in the country. They lost twice, both times in really close games to Washington, who is in the National Championship game. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pikecracker said:

For real. Oregon might be the second best team in the country. They lost twice, both times in really close games to Washington, who is in the National Championship game. 

Wish there was a 12 team playoffs for that reason. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gman87 said:

He also doesn't have sec teammates surrounding him. 

neither did RA.

boom. roasted.  (Auburn, not you).

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

IMG_2791.gif

I think most teams prefer a center who can get the ball to the QB

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

IMG_2791.gif

He probably needs to get the hell out of the state of Alabama for his own safety. Tuscalooser for sure!  Maybe play guard somewhere???

19 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

IMG_2791.gif

Can he play guard?  Can't use him as a center after watching how many bad hikes he has had.

• Like 2

Surprised no response to my post earlier...as much as on principle I dislike the idea of adding majors like that, unfortunately we really need to if it keeps getting us bit in the TP. Getting this guy could be EXTREMELY important.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Surprised no response to my post earlier...as much as on principle I dislike the idea of adding majors like that, unfortunately we really need to if it keeps getting us bit in the TP. Getting this guy could be EXTREMELY important.

I was waiting to see if it was verified. Have not seen anything on it anywhere else.

Freeze waiting on announcing Salters transfer to AU until the portal window closes so PT or HG can't transfer out till the spring window 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

🤣🤣🤣

Burn … wow

this guy got death threats for snapping a football incorrectly . Unbelievable

Fringe lunatic fans are the worst … like me maybe. .

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Burn … wow

this guy got death threats for snapping a football incorrectly . Unbelievable

Fringe lunatic fans are the worst … like me maybe. .

The drunk redneck cult following.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The drunk redneck cult following.

This x 10000. Bama fans are the worse fanbase in sports in the US. It’s not even close . Talk so much s*** after beating AU and coach lukewarm, but can’t take some quality digs when the Wolverines beat em. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Freeze waiting on announcing Salters transfer to AU until the portal window closes so PT or HG can't transfer out till the spring window 

Theyre just taking snaps away from QBs who may actually be good. Id be happy with a transfer, White and Brown. Young talent better than experienced mediocrity(being generous).