Is Anti-Zionism antisemitism?

TexasTiger

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

:laugh: I never doubted that with you. 

Fundamentalists and MAGAs will believe literally anything.

I believe God.

You are the one who will believe anything. 

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I believe God.

You are the one who will believe anything. 

Not without evidence.

And hope/want/need is not evidence.

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The religion you choose to take up is very strongly influenced by your family, friends, upbringing, and the society you grow up into.

"Strongly influenced" is an understatement.  I'd say religion is determined by indoctrinating kids from the earliest age. 

On 4/6/2024 at 8:40 AM, DKW 86 said:

To compare the foundational texts of three of the largest active world religions to Egyptian Hieroglyphs of a religion and culture that died thousands of years ago shows an amazing anti-intellectualism on your part.

I can explain it to you, I cant comprehend it for you.

First, how long did the Egyptian civilization last David? What gives you the hubris to suggest their culture is irrelevant since it's come and gone whereas our's hasn't yet gone?

And it was an analogy idiot.   Religion:another religion  one ancient manuscript:another ancient "manuscript".  See parallels? 

Once again,

image.gif

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, how long did the Egyptian civilization last David? What gives you the hubris to suggest their culture is irrelevant since it's come and gone whereas ours hasn't yet gone?

And it was an analogy idiot.   One religion:another religion  one ancient manuscript:a another ancient "manuscript".  See parallels? 

Once again,

image.gif

Sorry, one is dead and the three others are not. End of parallels...

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And so?

What does that have to to with the analogy I described?  I wasn't comparing the worth or "value" of the two religions at all. 

I was describing how I feel about the bible (which is based on ancient scrolls, reinterpreted many times and ultimately defined by the Catholic Church). 

To me, that origin is no more inspiring than Egyptian hieroglyphics promoting Ra. 

Thus, the parallel, oh dense one.

Edited by homersapien

27 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

There is a religious movement called Kemetism that is seeking to revive recognition and worship of the old Egyptian Gods and religious practices. 

The US version is the American Society of Kemetic Orthodoxy. that was founded in 1988. They have various Egyptian shrines and temples throughout the US.   

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I'm sure they are, but surely you understand that millions of Christians also convert to Islam?

Maybe over centuries.  Most at the threat of the sword. There is no widespread conversation of Christians to Islam.

19 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Maybe over centuries.  Most at the threat of the sword. There is no widespread conversation of Christians to Islam.

We won’t even talk about it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not without evidence.

I’m having a Lost flashback with this thread.  Was a major arc of the whole series.  Jack (ps that’s you) vs Locke - the never ending debate.

image.thumb.png.4420f6446c93798b42fa9bbbf3e59486.png

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m having a Lost flashback with this thread.  Was a major arc of the whole series.  Jack (ps that’s you) vs Locke - the never ending debate.
image.thumb.png.35916e6cbe849e9eadc1d790332d19b5.png

Thanks for the link, never seen/heard it.

I am a huge Christopher Hitchens fan, though:

https://bidoonism.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/christopher-hitchens-god-is-not-great.pdf

Edited by homersapien

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

And so?

What does that have to to with the analogy I described?  I wasn't comparing the worth or "value" of the two religions at all. 

I was describing how I feel about the bible (which is based on ancient scrolls, reinterpreted many times and ultimately defined by the Catholic Church). 

To me, that origin is no more inspiring than Egyptian hieroglyphics promoting Ra. 

Thus, the parallel, oh dense one.

And again, Ancient Egyptian culture is found in a museum. All the rest are engaged in daily by BNs of people. There is no real comparison.

• Facepalm 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:55 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

There is a religious movement called Kemetism that is seeking to revive recognition and worship of the old Egyptian Gods and religious practices. 

The US version is the American Society of Kemetic Orthodoxy. that was founded in 1988. They have various Egyptian shrines and temples throughout the US.   

Duh...and this changes the argument how exactly? I could not even find a number of followers nor a % of population for this group.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

And again, Ancient Egyptian culture is found in a museum. All the rest are engaged in daily by BNs of people. There is no real comparison.

I think Homer is just indicating that he views all religions as being man made, and equally untrue to one another regardless of how popular any of them are or how new/old/or how many followers each religion has. 

I don't see him trying to equate Egyptian religions with the Abrahamic religions in terms of importance, or trying to say they are on equal footing in our current world. 

No doubt the Abrahamic religions, along with Hinduism and Buddhism are the most influential religions in our current world without equal. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Love 1

When Jewish and Christianity go extremist - yes it’s a problem. But given the past 30-50 years  - and 2 days ago - extreme Islam definately generates a unique kind of vicious, unhinged crazy.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/08/death-to-america-chant-dearborn-jihad-rally-al-quds-day-draws-condemnation/73247053007/

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I have explained this so that any thinking person would understand.

So, you are either not a thinking person or you just can't break out of a "narrative" once you set it, no matter how wrong.

On 4/8/2024 at 4:55 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

Thanks for volunteering a literal example.  He just can't grasp it on an intellectual/philosophical basis.

(Apparently, that doesn't fit his narrative. ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think Homer is just indicating that he views all religions as being man made, and equally untrue to one another regardless of how popular any of them are or how new/old/or how many followers each religion has. 

I don't see him trying to equate Egyptian religions with the Abrahamic religions in terms of importance, or trying to say they are on equal footing in our current world. 

No doubt the Abrahamic religions, along with Hinduism and Buddhism are the most influential religions in our current world without equal. 

THANK YOU!  :bow:

Funny, you didn't have any problems understanding it. ;D

(As for the temporal "narrative" he was pursuing, I reckon DKW never heard of Ozymandias. ;))

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

When Jewish and Christianity go extremist - yes it’s a problem. But given the past 30-50 years  - and 2 days ago - extreme Islam definately generates a unique kind of vicious, unhinged crazy.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2024/04/08/death-to-america-chant-dearborn-jihad-rally-al-quds-day-draws-condemnation/73247053007/

Does that mean we are just now starting the clock for Israel, or did it start earlier? :-\

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Does that mean we are just now starting the clock for Israel, or did it start earlier? :-\

I understand your point. But…

On 4/8/2024 at 2:46 PM, homersapien said:

Not without evidence.

Really?

What is the hope/want/need—free evidence that a biological male with his twig and berries intact is an actual woman who belongs in women's locker rooms and on women's sports teams?

12 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Really?

What is the hope/want/need—free evidence that a biological male with his twig and berries intact is an actual woman who belongs in women's locker rooms and on women's sports teams?

I don't understand your point.  What's transexuality have to do with evidence for God?

On 4/9/2024 at 9:14 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

And if you couldnt see me trolling him from a mile away, you need better glasses. Rule #1 around here is don't take anything too serious.

The ones trying to be serious around here are likely NOTHING but two-bit partisan hacks. If Hitler ran as a Democrat, they would be telling you how he made the trains run on time. Rinse and Repeat ad nauseum. We have had 40 years of fail from the Federal Govt and the the partisans see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Black kids still attending disintegrating, underperforming urban public schools? 40 years and thousands of promises later.....NOTHING CHANGED.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:14 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

So you agree with me then?

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Just exactly WHEN and WHERE any crowd of Jews shouted "Death to Anyone."

You are so clueless it damages the soul...