Is Anti-Zionism antisemitism?

TexasTiger

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

True but amazing the number of Christians viewing this thing daily in Biblical mode. Interesting stuff if you read and listen.

True, amazing and a little scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

True, amazing and a little scary.

I don’t feel the scary. Have not watched any television experts or read much but have heard a some intelligent and interesting people speak. 

Have a special interest. Wife was to be in the Holy Land for a trip in November. I was hoping to get in or make another trip in March. Airlines have yet to cancel the trip. Sorta waiting on that to alleviate filing the insurance claim.

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

True but amazing the number of Christians viewing this thing daily in Biblical mode. Interesting stuff if you read and listen.

Unfortunately, that's been going on for decades.

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

How in your mind is the Bible inftrming policy? 

Many Christians think the state of Israel's policies/political future are in accord with/dictated by Biblical prophesy/God's will.  This constituency includes/influences US politicians/policy makers.

"Duuuuuuh!"   :-\

https://www.rand.org/blog/2014/03/the-foreign-policy-essay-evangelicals-israel-and-us.html

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/as-israel-increasingly-relies-on-us-evangelicals-for-support-younger-ones-are-walking-away-what-polls-show/

https://academic.oup.com/book/9922/chapter-abstract/157248678?redirectedFrom=fulltext

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/06/evangelical-christians-republicans-2024-israel-palestinians

....etc

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

So you mean influencing foreign policy?

Christians believe the Bible. It is about Gods covenant with a chosen people. 

28 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you mean influencing foreign policy?

Christians believe the Bible. It is about Gods covenant with a chosen people. 

Exactly.

Took a while but you figured it out.

Edited by homersapien

On 10/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, homersapien said:

In the end though, at least for the politicians, it's more about money.

Everyone is free to buy our politicians, even foreign governments.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You know what I said. Just you being you now.

Correct.  Being a "christian" and, being a follower of Jesus are often two different things.  Just want you to be aware of the distinction.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Correct.  Being a "christian" and, being a follower of Jesus are often two different things.  Just want you to be aware of the distinction.

Thank you 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I assume your point is about hypocrisy. Which is fair. People are people. Unfortunately, those with the loudest voices in any group are often the most flawed.  And the group labeling begins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I assume your point is about hypocrisy

That is an incorrect assumption.  It's much bigger than hypocrisy.  It's more about losing god in your "religion".

Edited by icanthearyou

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I assume your point is about hypocrisy. Which is fair. People are people. Unfortunately, those with the loudest voices in any group are often the most flawed.  And the group labeling begins.

And unfortunately are the ones often most revered and respected by the larger group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

And unfortunately are the ones often most revered and respected by the larger group. 

Same with political parties and ultimately government.