*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, e808 said:

RA was doing just fine. Just let him play

He looked like he was playing with urgency and focused.  We needed something to try since we were getting ball back.  Ahhhh. So tired of seeing frustrating QB play because no rhythm on offense.  I thought we would at least have some sort of consistency with Hugh coming in.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

WTH is wrong with our play calling and subs? Whoever is making these decisions needs to go home. Big interception and no deep shot. Instead, they opened the last drive with a deep shot which made no sense to call at the time. Now they’re switching QBs after one gets momentum. Robby had it rolling a little bit. It’s like they’re intentionally sabotaging our offense with terrible ideas and decisions. Good grief. I can do that for far less pay. 

We have no deep shot.  Every time we try one, Thorne decides it needs to be a back shoulder throw.

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

WTH is wrong with our play calling and subs? Whoever is making these decisions needs to go home. Big interception and no deep shot. Instead, they opened the last drive with a deep shot which made no sense to call at the time. Now they’re switching QBs after one gets momentum. Robby had it rolling a little bit. It’s like they’re intentionally sabotaging our offense with terrible ideas and decisions. Good grief. I can do that for far less pay. 

I think it’s Hugh

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

That’s on Hugh.  He was all in on the revolving QBs and standing on the sidelines telling them to hurry up and get the play off.  Lol

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I have to admit. I have no idea what Danny Hugh is doing with this QB rotation.  I'm wondering if he knows 

He doesn’t and admits that in this weeks presser. Still experimenting and trying to figure it out. Should we not expect better and not just pass it off on talent disparity???? 

I personally think so far this year this staff has really poorly managed this team 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I don’t think they have any confidence in Robby throwing the ball. 
It would be nice to see a few RPOs from him. 

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Agreed. Just let Robby make reads and do some safe passes. His pass to Deal earlier was nice. Thorne just isn't it.

Heck even let him open it up.  He's best on his deep ball.

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

I don’t think they have any confidence in Robby throwing the ball. 
It would be nice to see a few RPOs from him. 

Might be true but the substitutions of QBs have been awful the entire season so far 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

He doesn’t and admits that in this weeks presser. Still experimenting and trying to figure it out. Should we not expect better and not just pass it off on talent disparity???? 

I personally think so far this year this staff has really poorly managed this team 

Yeah the offensive coaching staff has been super disappointing this season. Hugh just seems completely confused 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Thorne is good at RPOs... 

he had that slant working... 

I don’t think that they have called a single RPO with Thorne after that drive...

Frustrating 

I don't even think it should be a read at this point. Like these backshoulders primarily look like designed plays, but if he's so bad at throwing them, don't make them primary reads OR don't build them into the play at all. It wouldn't be the worst thing to be a dink and dunk team imo!!

• Like 1

Don't ever wish an injury but if Bowers was going to go out with an ankle, wish it would have been last week lol

21 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

HA. Not convinced HF is going to fare any better against our main foes than the last two coaches. Great recruiter but I’m just not overly impressed at all with this coaching staff as a whole. We won’t beat OM, Bama and possibly not Vandy or Arky. Two weeks to prep and this is the product. Not to mention, we WILL start losing current recruits. It’s now the nature of CFA. 

It was sarcasm because so many of our fans keep saying we will beat Alabama because "Hugh beat Bama in 2014 and 2015." 

I think we beat Mississippi State and New Mexico State because we get them at home. I think we lose at Arkansas and the game at Vandy will be a struggle. We very well may end up 5-7 again like last year. 

People can deny it all they want to but Ole Miss has taken our place in the West. They're a solid #3 team in the West for nearly all of the last 3 seasons. If you take out those last games last season where Kiffin was in talks with Auburn, he is 22-5 the last 3 years with a Sugar Bowl appearance. Not bad for Ole Miss. 

Our fans blame all the Liberty losses at the end of last year on Freeze being in talks with Auburn. If that is an excuse, then Kiffin losing 4 of his last 5 last season can also be blamed on him being in talks with Auburn at the same time. Ole Miss was 7-1 when Lane began talking with Auburn.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

We are really bad. We are really, really bad. Yes, LSU has a great offense, but over 300 yards in the the first half against a decent AU defense? And a 107 yards offense against a bad defense?

We just are not good at all.

We played inspired against UGA, as did Arky. Maybe UGA is not that good. Maybe UAT is not that good. But we don’t seem to be in the Ole Miss level of mid-tier SEC West right now.

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Might be true but the substitutions of QBs have been awful the entire season so far 

If the coaching staff hasn’t figured out a “rotation” by game 6 they’re not going to.  And on top of that, I’m more concerned that Hugh thinks Thorne gives this team the best chance to win.