*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

A bye week to prepare for a subpar lsu team and this is what we muster, smh, I knew we had a long way to go but this is literally d2 level ball we are playing 

I think LSU will win out.. at least until the championship game if they make it

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Idc if anybody thinks I'm overreacting but this is a sad excuse of a football team, coaching staff included 

I agree. It’s a damn disgrace . The administration and boosters deserve a piece of this s*** sandwich as well. With the amount of money the staff makes they get zero excuses. I have cut the game off and moved to a quality football game. 

• Like 1

I mean we are officially an SEC bottom dweller.  We’ve become the new Vandy.  Every team that plays us now sees us as a cupcake.  I just can’t believe this.  This is such a drop of where Auburn was when I was in school.   I don’t expect to win every game but at least put a respectable, competitive product on the field.  This is pathetic and embarrassing.   

• Sad 1

As bad as we are I did think after the bye week and how LSU has been letting teams score, that’s we’d atleast muster up 20 + points. Worst offense I can remember. Defense will have to get a pass rush in the future to be competitive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Gonna be a long road back to being a good program.

Its still great to be an Auburn Tiger.

Hope springs eternal 

What’s so great about it? This crap sux. Team has given up. Not getting any Return On Investment for any NIL player on the roster. Hunter is a shell of his former self. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can someone tell me what the difference is in this and Gus/Harsin, as far as on the field play goes? 

Hard to put Gus in this Convo. Although inconsistent has a pretty good body of work at Auburn and no losing seasons

I feel like something is going on with Hugh Freeze. He rolls into his press conferences looking like a hungover frat kid that forgot to take a shower. He's uninspiring, tired, negative. I don't sense any fire at all, and it seems a 180 from what I expected (believing Auburn was his dream destination for years) and even how he came across early on. I'm not sure how to right this ship at this point, but I'm more discouraged than I think I've ever been. I never quit watching...even on the worst Haskin days. But I'm just over the disappointment. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Kirby and Nick both turned UGA and Bama around in one recruiting class unless I’m mistaken did they not?   

2024 will be Freezes 1st Full Recruiting Class.  He was hired just before or after early signing day.

Stop with the defense is tired bs. LSU scored on the first 4 drives of the game. They weren't tired then. Good secondary, pitiful front 7

• Thanks 1

LSU has had an offense all year.  Didn't think they'd gash us this bad but they have an excellent Oline (at least against us lol). But LSU defense has also been sliced up by competent offenses, which we are obviously not.  Then again LSU usually had to defend more balanced offenses.  We have a clear way to defend us, make us beat you with pass.  They focus on the run and we are toast until we prove ourselves. 

1 minute ago, nthemix said:

sad but looks like this team has given up

said it week 1 & got blasted but … Thorne can’t play … dude is terrible … agree with the post above … stop with the rotation … Ashford can’t be effective as a runner without the threat of him passing 

throughly unimpressed with the OC … absolutely horrible play calling 

I think Freeze is more involved with the offense playcalling than many realize.  

Hopeful for Hugh in recruiting for next year but I have not seen anything on the field this year that gives me the good feels going forward. This is sad football.

• Like 1

Another stupid penalty.

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I think LSU will win out.. at least until the championship game if they make it

Don't think they are that good tbh 

6 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Defense is just a little better than the offense. Still not an SEC quality defense 

Really getting exposed and embarrassed tonight.