Most troubling thing I see (or don’t)

Win4AU

3 minutes ago, War Damn said:

Your reply would have made more sense with proper punctuation.  It matters, Lou.  Or are you more of a Mark Hulk?

And your responses would make more sense if you understood context and comprehension . It matters. 

Just now, War Damn said:

Don’t hate me because you didn’t pay attention in English class.  

Be smarter than an Alabama fan, Sparky. 

Dear goodness. This really is your life lol. Not worth it haha.

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

That cats off the chain, bro. 

Right? Lol. He definitely is high on something and it is not life. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe we should introduce him to Cole?

I don't think we need to give him anymore attention then he is seeking out tbh. I feel bad for people who need that much attention. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, War Damn said:

Good grief, it’s a discussion forum not a government document. Us readers are usually smart enough to figure out the comments.

13 minutes ago, War Damn said:

Because?

Seems all it took was a coach that believed in him and developed him. 

More like he had an O-line, offensive coordinator, and receivers that were capable, unlike what we have had and currently have

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most kids want to play out of the gate, so if our offense is terrible because of the jimmy and joes then these recruits know they’ll have a legit chance to play their first year. You don’t have to have a good offense (or defense) to convince kids to come to the school…you need a coach who can convince the kid they’ll get to play. 

Edited by hikerdns
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is the worst AU offense in its history probably. It’s extremely difficult to Play this bad. This team has not thrown for 1k yards yet and it’s 7 games in. Let that sink in. Rebuilding or not to be this bad on O is hard to do. 

2008 was a special brand of awful.

40 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

He wasn’t horrible but he wasn’t great either. He’d definitely not be anywhere near what he is now at Oregon if he’d stayed at Auburn. 

I'll say it one last time. Bo was running for his life most of the time he was at AU. Our OL was terrible, on a scale I don't think I've ever seen at AU, like multiple free pass rushers virtually every play.

No QB is going to be effective under those conditions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, War Damn said:

I like you're posts. There funny and true to.

Put those dummys in they're place! :lol; ;10l: 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

Most kids want to play out of the gate, so if our offense is terrible because of the jimmy and joes then these recruits know they’ll have a legit chance to play their first year. You don’t have to have a good offense (or defense) to convince kids to come to the school…you need a coach who can convince the kid they’ll get to play. 

That’s supposedly the plan. We will see. 

1 hour ago, War Damn said:
3 hours ago, Auburn x 3 said:

I agree.  Let’s not turn him into Bo Nix 2.0.  Give him some time. 

A five year starter that will do well in the draft next year and beat Alabama with a little help from the defense?  Yeah, that would suck. 

The point was Bo was brought in and expected to be our savior.  He wasn’t ready for it and shouldn’t have been expected to be as a true freshman. He has become amazing with good coaching and time. Let’s not put that pressure on White. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

That’s supposedly the plan. We will see. 

It complicates things when the average college football fan can’t wait past 6 games to field a national championship team. 

8 hours ago, War Damn said:

Good grief.  Learn some basic sentence structure and proper use of the word “too”.  Where is your proof that Thorne is homesick (one word, by the way) or in any other of your wild assumptions?  

Go back to screaming “not even!” on pick off throws to first base. 

Thanks mom for the correction on grammar.   Over and out Word Police

I would like to see some passion and fire from Freeze. He seems like a man on his last leg. 
Also, where is Caddy ? He needs to help get the team fired up.

17 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Played hard. Were right there to win it. Have to make some plays. Have to coach better if you wanna win. That 3rd and 6 play (after it was going to be 3rd and inches) was brutal. That decision was the ballgame right there. 

We are a few players away from being right in these things. But dang. It’s frustrating to see. 

I’ve been watching some high school football lately, and our team is particularly good. I can look before the game begins and look at the players on each side, and I’m almost 100% confident who is going to win. 

In college, I can get a pretty good idea because I’ve been around so long. There are times when I’m surprised (like hanging in there against Ga). But most of the time, you can tell by the athletes. We may have 2-3 nfl-abled players on our team. Until we get that number up to like 7-8, we are going to lose these games imo. We will be right there, close but not quite….until we get those players. 

that does not remedy my opinion that our team doesn’t look particularly coached well. 

I was very disappointed when RA was in that on 3rd down he came up a yard short on a run out of bounds. He could have turned back up field a little and lowered his head and made the first down easy he just didn't want to take the hit. I couldn't tell if Freeze was disgusted with Robbie or the spot. Either way that would have kept the drive going and who knows what would have happened. I see a lot of good on this team but stuff like that drives me crazy. That was purely a lack of effort on Robbie's part. You have to make sure you get a first down in that situation. 

14 hours ago, bg5 said:

I was very disappointed when RA was in that on 3rd down he came up a yard short on a run out of bounds. He could have turned back up field a little and lowered his head and made the first down easy he just didn't want to take the hit. I couldn't tell if Freeze was disgusted with Robbie or the spot. Either way that would have kept the drive going and who knows what would have happened. I see a lot of good on this team but stuff like that drives me crazy. That was purely a lack of effort on Robbie's part. You have to make sure you get a first down in that situation. 

People were saying the same thing about PT the week before. Except they were nasty about it. When Robby does it, they ease on down the road. 
Just maybe the coaches are telling the QBs NOT to get hurt. 
If one gets hurt, I’m not sure Geriner can step into a two QB system and succeed…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CCTAU said:

People were saying the same thing about PT the week before. Except they were nasty about it. When Robby does it, they ease on down the road. 
Just maybe the coaches are telling the QBs NOT to get hurt. 
If one gets hurt, I’m not sure Geriner can step into a two QB system and succeed…

When you are in a close game and have a chance for a first down with just a little extra effort you would think your competitive spirit would make you want to give that extra effort. On the play I'm talking about he might not even have gotten hit if he cut back. He came up about half a yard short. I'll tell you the look CHF had on his face didn't say I'm glad you just ran out of bounds. 

On 10/22/2023 at 2:57 PM, keesler said:

no current coach in staff appears to be able to scheme for a passing game

Able or willing.