Bowl Game Projections

Win4AU

11 hours ago, Deutschetiger said:

I was a cook at Quincy's before college.  We had the best breakfast buffet in town because Spartan Foods also owned Hardees. The same lady would make biscuits for the two restaurants starting at 3:00 am each morning.

If you have any idea what was used to make their steaks so tender, I'd sure love to know! 

On 11/13/2023 at 1:43 PM, aucanucktiger said:

When I was at Auburn the old-timers were meh abt Georgia, Bama & UF but wanted to KILL Ga Tech. Wreck Tech Pajama Parade was awesome! I loved us punking Curry & his aviator shades when he was running the Ga Tech show.

I hope I am right about this memory concerning Curry. But wasn’t he the HC at Alabama when we beat them at Jordan Hare the first year the Iron Bowl returned to Home and Home after having been played for decades in Birmingham?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I hope I am right about this memory concerning Curry. But wasn’t he the HC at Alabama when we beat them at Jordan Hare the first year the Iron Bowl returned to Home and Home after having been played for decades in Birmingham?

Yes Bill Curry. Think he got "fired" for losing that game despite finishing the season 10-2. And the Iron Bowl went back to Birmingham for a few years after 1989 before becoming home and home I believe.

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

If you have any idea what was used to make their steaks so tender, I'd sure love to know! 

Don’t ask questions you don’t really want answers to…

It involves a special marinade.  

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

Yes Bill Curry. Think he got "fired" for losing that game despite finishing the season 10-2. And the Iron Bowl went back to Birmingham for a few years after 1989 before becoming home and home I believe.

It was at Legion Field the next three years until it became a true home and home instead of a permanent road game for the Tigers. 

10 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

It's been almost 35 years but as I recall it was just a dry seasoning with tenderizer it - maybe similar to the Fiesta Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning you can get at HEB.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:06 PM, Win4AU said:

They are 8-3……. I had a moment yesterday when I thought to myself “This is the year 1 game where Auburn poos the bed and everyone gives us a hard time about when Hugh goes on a 20 year run of multiple championships but then I looked at who’s they’d beaten and felt better.  

Always trust your gut

Auburn is going back, back to BHAM BHAM🎶 (RIP BiGGie). Maybe Memphis too.  Bye bye Jacksonville and Nashville.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn is going back, back to BHAM BHAM🎶 (RIP BiGGie). Maybe Memphis too.  Bye bye Jacksonville and Nashville.

Shreveport's in the conversation 

19 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Shreveport's in the conversation 

I though someone said the SEC isn’t affiliated with the Weedwacker bowl anymore?

2 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Per 247 sports barring an upset  this Saturday in iron bowl Auburn is likely headed to Texas bowl against Oklahoma state 

Against 8-4 or 9-3 Ok St? 

Well that should be fun.

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

Against 8-4 or 9-3 Ok St? 

Well that should be fun.

CBS has us in Texas bowl against Kansas state if that’s our bowl game our opponent is going to be k-state or Oklahoma state most likely 

if okie state knocks off Texas for big 12 championship we get k-state, if Texas wins big 12 championship we probably play okie state 

if we land in Birmingham bowl opponent is likely Georgia state or San Jose state - two teams that almost beat Harsin coached auburn football 

5 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Per 247 sports barring an upset  this Saturday in iron bowl Auburn is likely headed to Texas bowl against Oklahoma state 

They will be tough!!

CBS - Texas bowl vs Kansas state 

247 sports - Texas bowl vs Oklahoma state 

Espn music city vs Wisconsin or northwestern 

one site has us in Birmingham against Georgia state or San Jose state 

another site has us in Gasparilla vs Syracuse 

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

ESPN still likes us to make music city bowl 

one guy has us in music city against Wisconsin 

another has us in music city against northwestern

I think both of these are better than Okla St.

Okie State aren’t world beaters. It really depends on which Auburn team shows up. UCF took them to the woodshed even though the conditions were bad . It still happened.

You all jinxed us. I tried to tell you. You don't talk about a no hitter while the pitcher is doing his thing. Bowl games happen after the season and should never be mentioned or thought about until the season is over. 

23 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

You all jinxed us. I tried to tell you. You don't talk about a no hitter while the pitcher is doing his thing. Bowl games happen after the season and should never be mentioned or thought about until the season is over. 

So you believe in witchcraft and voodoo also?

• Facepalm 1

On 11/14/2023 at 2:28 PM, ertrader said:

I don’t think he got fired. I believe he resigned to take another job after the brick incident.