Bowl Game Projections

Win4AU

19 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

New possible destination 

Jerry palm has us in Texas bowl against future sec rival Oklahoma, we play the Sooners next year 

Seems extremely unlikely considering we play them next year

what is hands down the best bowl game you guys have ever been to?i have never been to one.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

what is hands down the best bowl game you guys have ever been to?i have never been to one.

Sugar Bowl 2005 was pretty memorable. NOLA, freshly 21, hospitality suite with all the free beer I could handle. 

National Championship 2014 was fun all the way until the end. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The overtime win over Northwestern in the 2009 Outback Bowl was memorable for me. It was my last game in the AUMB. The band got to spend time on the beach and do a pep rally there, go to Busch Gardens. The Ybor City parade was nice, and then we capped off my final game with a win in typical crazy Auburn fashion.

Edited by all4AU
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

New possible destination 

Jerry palm has us in Texas bowl against future sec rival Oklahoma, we play the Sooners next year 

did you mean we may play them Sooner than later???

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Would be thrilled with Music City! 

I would be excited to make it this year to the Music City Bowl.

I would just hope we do not get paired with Clemson. That just never bodes well for Auburn.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Auburn going to the Birmingham Bowl continues to be the most depressing thing ever. We get ragged on more for going to Birmingham than we do for missing a bowl.

Not to mention we lost the last one

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

The sec basically tells us where to go, but the bowls have some say when two teams have similar resumes. They like teams that travel and spend money in town. Bham just doesn’t do anything for anyone. Our fanbase doesn’t like to travel there and if they do they make a day trip.  Not to mention, the Bham elitists that run the Bham bowl are just a bunch of bammers. Good and healthy place? This is the real world. It’s politics. 

So that view does not stem from a healthy outlook, more like it stems from arrogance, pride, LBS - like we're too good for the birmingham bowl, which is laughable considering the position our University, BOT, Booster, and AD leadership have put us in.  Who cares what a bunch of bammers think.  We need to show progress and we need all the practice time we can get.  I'd rather promote an attitude of "any place, any time" and approach it from the perspective that we WANT to be there and WANT to beat the *$&#$ out of whoever we draw.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AUApostle said:

So that view does not stem from a healthy outlook, more like it stems from arrogance, pride, LBS - like we're too good for the birmingham bowl, which is laughable considering the position our University, BOT, Booster, and AD leadership have put us in.  Who cares what a bunch of bammers think.  We need to show progress and we need all the practice time we can get.  I'd rather promote an attitude of "any place, any time" and approach it from the perspective that we WANT to be there and WANT to beat the *$&#$ out of whoever we draw.

We just have a fundamental disagreement. 

war Eagle anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gctiger said:

Anywhere but Birmingham! 

My two cents…The bowl season is kind of like a buffet line. Auburn will not be at the head of the line nor at the middle of the line. By the time Auburn gets an opportunity all that will be left will be hot dogs because the steaks, pork and chicken will be gone. We can settle for the hot dog or do without. I’d take the hot dog, not because I like hot dogs but because it’s a long time until breakfast. Auburn needs to practice time and work more than the exposure and money but the players deserve a chance if they get one offered to them. Maybe we get a better bowl offer but Birmingham is better than nothing imo. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My two cents…The bowl season is kind of like a buffet line. Auburn will not be at the head of the line nor at the middle of the line. By the time Auburn gets an opportunity all that will be left will be hot dogs because the steaks, pork and chicken will be gone. We can settle for the hot dog or do without. I’d take the hot dog, not because I like hot dogs but because it’s a long time until breakfast. Auburn needs to practice time and work more than the exposure and money but the players deserve a chance if they get one offered to them. Maybe we get a better bowl offer but Birmingham is better than nothing imo. 

I agree, but Birmingham is not my preference.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

The only one I've been to. Got free tickets for the 1985 All American Bowl. Got to see Lorenzo White at least.

• Like 2

Bowl selection is so convoluted! AU will most likely finish 9th in the conference: 5th in the West, and 4 teams in the East will probably have better conference and full-season records. We could finish 8th ahead of UK, if they lose their remaining games including at USCe. If we only win 1 more and UF somehow upsets LSU, Missouri, or FSU to make a bowl game, we may land in 10th. And I guess if Arkansas wins out they'd slot in ahead of us but they'd have to beat us and Missouri. 

The bowl selection process looks like this:

1. Playoff

2. Other NY6 bowls (maybe 2 here but projecting as 1 here)

3. Citrus

4-9. Pool of 6 bowls: ReliaQuest, Duke's Mayo, Gator, Music City, Texas, Liberty

10-11. ESPN Select bowls: Birmingham, Gasparilla 

If we beat Arkansas, we'll avoid Birmingham. Even if we lose to Arkansas, a few things would have to bounce our way but still a good shot to make a higher-tier bowl.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, phillyeagle said:

Bowl selection is so convoluted! AU will most likely finish 9th in the conference: 5th in the West, and 4 teams in the East will probably have better conference and full-season records. We could finish 8th ahead of UK, if they lose their remaining games including at USCe. If we only win 1 more and UF somehow upsets LSU, Missouri, or FSU to make a bowl game, we may land in 10th. And I guess if Arkansas wins out they'd slot in ahead of us but they'd have to beat us and Missouri. 

1. Playoff

3. Citrus

4-9. Pool of 6 bowls: ReliaQuest, Duke's Mayo, Gator, Music City, Texas, Liberty

If we beat Arkansas, we'll avoid Birmingham. Even if we lose to Arkansas, a few things would have to bounce our way but still a good shot to make a higher-tier bowl.

If Arky loses to Mizzou AND Florida loses out, 6-6 gets us to the pool of six regardless.

What a sucky time to be floundering around the bottom of the barrel as a football program.  Seriously, freaking Gaspirilla/Birmingham bowls.

Gawd, I’m ready for Auburn to be relevant and respectable again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

1. Playoff

3. Citrus

I personally would like to avoid both Birmingham and Clemson.

• Like 2

Something that may play in Auburn’s favor is the SEC may not have enough teams to make a bowl.  USCe, Florida, Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas may not qualify.  That would help keep Auburn out of the bottom of the barrel bowls.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:12 AM, aubiefifty said:

The Music City Bowl against Purdue was pretty great, and Nashville has some great food and hangout spots.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

The Music City Bowl against Purdue was pretty great, and Nashville has some great food and hangout spots.

This is my pick as well. I went to the Purdue game there, It was a very good time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Something that may play in Auburn’s favor is the SEC may not have enough teams to make a bowl.  USCe, Florida, Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas may not qualify.  That would help keep Auburn out of the bottom of the barrel bowls.  

I will never understand how USCe demo'd Tennessee last year (the game had been decided by the time Hooker got injured).

Edited by AUwent