Bowl Game Projections

Win4AU

On 11/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Woah woah woah buddy! 

You ever been to Shreveport??

My sister's best friend is the chairperson for the independence bowl.  It's typically a terrible game, but the tailgating and food is epic.  

If we got the ind. bowl, I'd get all sorts of access. Could be fun. 

• Like 5

• ellitor changed the title to AU Bowl Game Projections
30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My sister's best friend is the chairperson for the independence bowl.  It's typically a terrible game, but the tailgating and food is epic.  

But…it’s in Shreveport! Lol. May not be all that bad for the fans, but it almost seems like a punishment for the players to drag them from Auburn to Shreveport.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But…it’s in Shreveport! Lol. May not be all that bad for the fans, but it almost seems like a punishment for the players to drag them from Auburn to Shreveport.

Oh, Shreveport is a hole that's for sure

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Iono why some of y’all are so obsessed with playing Gus. 

I can just see Gus beating us. We’d never recover. Best not to poke that bear. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh, Shreveport is a hole that's for sure

I went with my dad in 2002 for a Strongman competition. It was super depressing. At that point in my life, I hadn’t seen a place so completely devoid of life and joy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gus is going to have to win two of his last three games to be a bowl eligible. They have Oklahoma State at home Saturday, play at Texas Tech the next week and finish the season out against Houston in Orlando. 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Something that may play in Auburn’s favor is the SEC may not have enough teams to make a bowl.  USCe, Florida, Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas may not qualify.  That would help keep Auburn out of the bottom of the barrel bowls.  

I am holding out hope that Jimbo finishes 5-7 again.  

19 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I am holding out hope that Jimbo finishes 5-7 again.  

I was too but they have Miss State, a cupcake, and LSU to finish out.  You’d think they’d win 2 out of those.

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I went with my dad in 2002 for a Strongman competition. It was super depressing. At that point in my life, I hadn’t seen a place so completely devoid of life and joy.

It could have been a side effect of the steroids. BTW, how'd you do? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It could have been a side effect of the steroids. BTW, how'd you do? 

Haha! I was like 14. He’s into strongman lifting. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The hilarious idea of him being Arkansas's head coach next year when they come to Auburn has been floated around and I couldn't help but imagine the "what ifs".

7 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

The hilarious idea of him being Arkansas's head coach next year when they come to Auburn has been floated around and I couldn't help but imagine the "what ifs".

Have heard Gus is gonna retire after UCF.

Have also heard UCF fans are ready for that to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just how does a bird not have access to any outdoor sporting event? Inquiring minds want to know. 

• Haha 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Bowl Game Projections
17 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Highly doubt he steps foot in the SEC again especially a program like Arkansas and a state where he it is very divided regarding him. 

On 11/8/2023 at 2:09 PM, Win4AU said:

Something that may play in Auburn’s favor is the SEC may not have enough teams to make a bowl.  USCe, Florida, Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas may not qualify.  That would help keep Auburn out of the bottom of the barrel bowls.  

Vandy's OUT - will not qualify.

Arkansas is IN - they already qualify by getting their 6th win when they beat Florida. 

Florida has to play @LSU/@Mizzou/FSA, I don't see them wining 2 of those 3 games to become bowl eligible.

USCe has to play Vandy/Kentucky/Clemson, I don't see them winning all 3 of those games to become bowl eligible.

MSU has to play @aTm/SoMiss/OleMiss, I don't see them winning 2 of those 3 games to become bowl eligible.

Auburn's chances improve for bowl selections.  Music City here we come!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Arkansas is IN - they already qualify by getting their 6th win when they beat Florida. 

Florida has to play @LSU/@Mizzou/FSA, I don't see them wining 2 of those 3 games to become bowl eligible.

USCe has to play Vandy/Kentucky/Clemson, I don't see them winning all 3 of those games to become bowl eligible.

MSU has to play @aTm/SoMiss/OleMiss, I don't see them winning 2 of those 3 games to become bowl eligible.

image.pngOnly thing Arkansas has 6 of are losses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

image.pngOnly thing Arkansas has 6 of are losses.

My bad - I don't know WTH I was looking at.  Yeah, they suck! 

They fired the OC and won in the Swamp. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, JerryAU said:

Arky is out they are 3-7