Bowl Game Projections

Win4AU

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think we beat ‘em like a rented mule.

It would be our best win of the year easily. Again, I hope KJ goes pro.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

A few of us lobbied a few years ago to avoid the Bham bowl and were overruled by the BoT. We will go back over my dead body. I’d rather see us decline a bowl than go to Bham. 

That’s really a bad take.  You would take away the opportunity for those kids that have busted their ass all year to play in a bowl game?  You’re talking about taking money and extra practices away from the program which is also counterproductive.  Imagine if you or your son was a senior and was denied the opportunity to play one more game with his teammates because a bunch of Butt hurt fans pitched a fit.  If the players come out and say they don’t want to play the game then that’s one thing but not this.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

New possible destination 

Jerry palm has us in Texas bowl against future sec rival Oklahoma, we play the Sooners next year 

Already planning for TV ratings and hype for next year. 

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

A few of us lobbied a few years ago to avoid the Bham bowl and were overruled by the BoT. We will go back over my dead body. I’d rather see us decline a bowl than go to Bham. 

If you decline you don’t practice!!

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Why?  We’re too good for that?  Hoping the reasoning originates out of a good and healthy place but I don’t see it.

55 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Oklahoma? Imo a very bad matchup for us.

They already have two losses on the season their cha car of a ny6 bowl are most likely over barring some last minute chaos they are headed to a low tier bowl 

I can’t imagine us being oaieed against them in bowl season unless as someone already said the media wants to hype them up for next season as an sec team 

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

Why?  We’re too good for that?  Hoping the reasoning originates out of a good and healthy place but I don’t see it.

Fortunately it’s up to the school about whether or not a bowl invite is declined and rarely ever do teams turn down bowl invites 

247 sports is lobbying hard for 

Auburn vs Clemson in the mayo bowl 

also according to 247 sports if we win all three of our final games pop tarts bowl or Gasparilla bowl would be likely destination 

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If you’re in Auburn’s situation, you really just want someone that isn’t motivated or has an angle to work. Like Tulane is a better than Auburn team that will have Michael Pratt in his last game as arguably the most successful QB in their program’s modern history. They’re gonna kick some teeth out. WVU may fire their coach after the season. That’s a more favorable type of matchup to me 

It all depends right now on Tulane and Air Force both are dead locked to get a NY6 bowl appearance 

Air Force chances of a NY6 kind of dropped yesterday with their loss to Army

one of them is going to get a NY6 and the other gets Birmingham 

not gonna lie I’d like to see an Auburn/Air Force matchup but I’d prefer somewhere other than Birmingham for it 

Edited by KnightTiger

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

New possible destination 

Jerry palm has us in Texas bowl against future sec rival Oklahoma, we play the Sooners next year 

OU is due a butt whooping from Auburn.

Please anybody but Clemson. 

I admit I'd like nothing more than to hand a good old fashioned whipping on Dumbo, but don't think this is the year for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They’re going to Birmingham. I think it all depends on this Arkansas game, if they win then maybe they’ll go somewhere else but realistically Auburn’s going to Birmingham 

• Sad 1

Full list of updated bowl projections for Auburn 

Mayo bowl vs Clemson 

Reliquest bowl vs Wisconsin

Texas bowl vs Oklahoma 

Music city bowl vs Minnesota 

Music city bowl vs Wisconsin 

Music city bowl vs Rutgers 

seem to be trending toward music city at the moment 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUApostle said:

The sec basically tells us where to go, but the bowls have some say when two teams have similar resumes. They like teams that travel and spend money in town. Bham just doesn’t do anything for anyone. Our fanbase doesn’t like to travel there and if they do they make a day trip.  Not to mention, the Bham elitists that run the Bham bowl are just a bunch of bammers. Good and healthy place? This is the real world. It’s politics. 

15 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

Saturday down south has us

in the music city bowl vs Rutgers 

that’s an interesting choice in terms of a team we’ve never played 

I would LOVE to get the Music City Bowl again! Nashville right at New Years is GREAT! 

• Like 1