Cheers and Class.

DKW 86

I have to admit that I am shocked by the class of some posters on Tidefans. JessN is a guy I think I would like to have dinner with.

Link

Anyway, here is the difference question:

IMHO, RammerJammer is the lowest class, often the silliest cheer in college football. I think it reflects extemely badly on :ua:

For those that do not know I was a Tide fan for YEARS, from 72-81. I do not ever remember them ever doing that cheer back then. I do remember one that had "Rammer Jammer" in it but not the smack talk crap they do now. Back in 82 they did one about "Raise your glasses, kick their a$$es" that was right out of the :om: handbook for retarded cheers.

Anyway, some are arguing that thay need to change their policy on RJ cheer. Seems Witt thinks it reflects poorly :ua:

My take:

1) If it fires up an opposing team, hope they do it from now on.

2) If they are willing to risk embarassment, start doing it before the games again.

3) If they like hearing it back when we win in T-Town, that is okay with me. I dont like it, but I think they get the point when we do it AFTER a win in BDS.

4) The announcers at the Indy Bowl in 2001 were laughing at them for using it after ISU missed about 3 PATs/FGs to lose the game. "beat the hell" out of a team that had THEM beat but just could not kick a PAT/FG....

5) Maybe MN had the right idea. Wonder what the :ua: fans would do if after every loss they got to hear "Rocky Top" played after every score or at least after every loss. Say a minimum of three times after loss.

I am DKW.... and I approved this message. :big:

You are correct. I have learned that there are a few, not many but a few, uat fans that have some amount of character. Anyone that makes an attempt to defend that stupid cheer has about as much brain power as a turnip seed. Hands down, the most classless "cheer" in Football.

I have to admit that I am shocked by the class of some posters on Tidefans. JessN is a guy I think I would like to have dinner with.

Link

IMHO, RammerJammer is the lowest class, often the silliest cheer in college football. I think it reflects extemely badly on :ua:

For those that do not know I was a Tide fan for YEARS, from 72-81. I do not ever remember them ever doing that cheer back then. I do remember one that had "Rammer Jammer" in it but not the smack talk crap they do now. Back in 82 they did one about "Raise your glasses, kick their a$$es" that was right out of the :om: handbook for retarded cheers.

Anyway, some are arguing that thay need to change their policy on RJ cheer. Seems Witt thinks it reflects poorly :ua:

My take:

2) If they are willing to risk embarassment, start doing it before the games again.

3) If they like hearing it back when we win in T-Town, that is okay with me. I dont like it, but I think they get the point when we do it AFTER a win in BDS.

4) The announcers at the Indy Bowl in 2001 were laughing at them for using it after ISU missed about 3 PATs/FGs to lose the game. "beat the hell" out of a team that had THEM beat but just could not kick a PAT/FG....

5) Maybe MN had the right idea. Wonder what the :ua: fans would do if after every loss they got to hear "Rocky Top" played after every score or at least after every loss. Say a minimum of three times after loss.

I am DKW.... and I approved this message.  :big:

176827[/snapback]

Please take no offense to this because I respect you and your posts...however, get over the "rammer jammer" cheer. It is a freaking cheer. Who cares if they say we just beat the hell out of you...what is the difference of that and the high school and Jr. High schhol cheer...U-G-L-Y- you ain't got no aliby you're ugly...

It is a cheer. Fans are supposed to rally around the cheer and make some noise. This cheer does just that. I hate the cheer...but it's because it merans that we just got beat by bama....that's the only reason. By the way...my favorite cheer after an Auburn win is rammer jammer. I scream it at the top of my lungs!!!

WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU....RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GO TO HELL ALABAMA!!!!!!!!

I freaking love it!!!

I understand the Oklahoma fans did RJ after they handed T A&M that 70-0 whipping in Norman. The OU band played Yea Alabama, too. I think that was pretty funny.

Link

My take:

I am DKW.... and I approved this message.  :big:

176827[/snapback]

Please take no offense to this because I respect you and your posts...however, get over the "rammer jammer" cheer. It is a freaking cheer. Who cares if they say we just beat the hell out of you...what is the difference of that and the high school and Jr. High schhol cheer...U-G-L-Y- you ain't got no aliby you're ugly...

It is a cheer. Fans are supposed to rally around the cheer and make some noise. This cheer does just that. I hate the cheer...but it's because it merans that we just got beat by bama....that's the only reason. By the way...my favorite cheer after an Auburn win is rammer jammer. I scream it at the top of my lungs!!!

WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU....RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GO TO HELL ALABAMA!!!!!!!!

I freaking love it!!!

176857[/snapback]

Guy, I am :poke: some fans on this board. Especially a set of :lurk:

BTW, my understanding of the Minnesota band playing "Rocky Top" at the Music City Bowl wasn't that it's a slam on Bama...goading them with their hated rival's song. Apparently Minnesota, whenever they are on the road (or maybe only at bowl games) plays the host state's song or a song widely associated with that state as sort of a tribute thing. MCB is in Nashville, so they played "Rocky Top". Had they been playing Bama in the Peach Bowl, they'd probably have played "Georgia On My Mind."

i don't mind the rammer jammer cheer. i've had it catcalled at me, and i've yelled it back (more of the latter in recent years). the only thing i don't like is when bama fans complain about folks turning the cheer on its ear when they beat bama. i know a couple of folks who get upset at that, and i can't stand (or understand) that.

do it all you want. just know it's coming right back when you lose. that's kinda the rule of thumb for cheers in my eyes.

I screamed rammer jammer after the 03' game for about 10 minutes along with about 50,000 fellow Auburn faithful. Loved every minute of it. Like others, I've had it blasting in my ears as I left the stadium several times before. No biggie.

Friggin' flithy fraparashkin rackafrippin bammer fans. :lol:

I've never thought it was good form to do it before the game, but I think it is perfectly fine after the game. I also think it should be reserved for big wins over bigtime opponents.

And, I'm probably one of the few Bama Fans that actually thinks it's funny when you guys do it back to us when you win. It's all part of the rivalry to me.

(And to those of you that think it's silly, I don't think it is any more silly than your thumb cheer. Rah rah rah. Sis boom bah. Weagle weagle war damn eagle kick'em in the butt big blue!) :poke::big:;)

BTW, my understanding of the Minnesota band playing "Rocky Top" at the Music City Bowl wasn't that it's a slam on Bama...goading them with their hated rival's song.  Apparently Minnesota, whenever they are on the road (or maybe only at bowl games) plays the host state's song or a song widely associated with that state as sort of a tribute thing.  MCB is in Nashville, so they played "Rocky Top".  Had they been playing Bama in the Peach Bowl, they'd probably have played "Georgia On My Mind."

176904[/snapback]

SSSSHHHHH!

Titan, you werent supposed to let anyone know that. we were :poke: at some :ua: fans.... :(

I find it quite ironic that AU fans see it as the most classless thing, but when they do it to us (while adding the part where they tell us to go to hell) its perfectly okay...because "we shouted the cheer to them first"

And to those of you that think it's silly, I don't think it is any more silly than your thumb cheer. Rah rah rah. Sis boom bah. Weagle weagle war damn eagle kick'em in the butt big blue!)  :poke:   :big:   ;)

176913[/snapback]

Lay off Bodda Getta! That'll get you cut around here! :big:

Bodda getta, bodda getta,

bodda getta

Rah rah rah

Sis boom bah

Weagle, weagle war damn eagle

Kick 'em in the butt big blue

Hey!

Personally, I like it. Any cheer that gets under opposing fans' skin so much that they throw it back at you if they win is a good one IMO.

Just think, how awesome was it to do the tomahawk chop in 1990? We stood for 30-45 minutes serenading their fans with that crap. Now it may not have words like RJ, but just the band starting up makes my skin crawl. It's like that with rocky top, the gator chomp, hotty toddy ( I wish someone would come up with a praody of that one that we could do.), and glory.

I say keep on doing it bama, do it whenever and wherever you please. Just makes it more fun for me to sing it after we whoop yo' a$$.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I find it quite ironic that AU fans see it as the most classless thing, but when they do it to us (while adding the part where they tell us to go to hell) its perfectly okay...because "we shouted the cheer to them first"

177021[/snapback]

Hint: Those two sets of people tend to be exclusively mutual.

Personally, I have no problem with the cheer, especially postgame. Pregame, it is a little obnoxious, but not enough to be called classless, IN MY OPINION.

Don't get your undies in a wad when you get the taunt thrown back at ya, BG, especially if you (and I use the collective you) insist on the notion that you are Bama and desrve to win by showing up and can make these outrageous claims before the ball is snapped.

You are stereotyping all Auburn fans into two groups that are not the same. Just as all Bama fans are not mullett wearers, all Auburn fans are not John Kerry-ese flipfloppers.

177021[/snapback]

Correct.... It's perfectly OK. B)

:au::homer:

I've never thought it was good form to do it before the game, but I think it is perfectly fine after the game. I also think it should be reserved for big wins over bigtime opponents.

And, I'm probably one of the few Bama Fans that actually thinks it's funny when you guys do it back to us when you win. It's all part of the rivalry to me.

(And to those of you that think it's silly, I don't think it is any more silly than your thumb cheer. Rah rah rah. Sis boom bah. Weagle weagle war damn eagle kick'em in the butt big blue!)  :poke:   :big:   ;)

176913[/snapback]

I agree about the other teams fans. I would do the same thing. If a team came in really cocky and we beat them I would talk so much smack. I think its good for the game and makes it even more special.

BTW, they dont even do the Rammer Jammer cheer before the games anymore. I think its kinda stupid to do it before, but it is all fun in games too.

BTW, they dont even do the Rammer Jammer cheer before the games anymore. I think its kinda stupid to do it before, but it is all fun in games too.

177117[/snapback]

ECE, Yell Crew is petitioning to habe the pregame cheer back too.

Rammer Jammer is pretty classless but when you look at it objectively, it fits the bammies to a :ut: . A former AD with some character & classs, Steve Sloan, once tried to ban the cheer but was shouted down by the unwashed masses. It personifies their fan base so much that I cannot imagine them ever giving it up Volunteerally. I mean, think about it: when you are Mighty uat (with tons of tradishun) and you squeak by with a 1-pt win against a bottom feeding Big XII opponent in a minor bowl game ('01 Indy Bowl in Shreveport) only because Iowa State fails on a chip shot FG in the closing seconds, doesn't it make perfect bammie sense to start yelling "WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU" to the other team's fans? If you were an Iowa State fan who just witnessed your team taking uat to the wall for 4 quarters, would you not be suitably impressed with the class showed by the bammie fans after that game? Oh, I forgot -- it's just a cheer and good for the game & "makes it more special", right? Sure it is. Keep telling yourself that and have another paper cup of Kool-ade. :lol:

Rammer Jammer is pretty classless but when you look at it objectively, it fits the bammies to a :ut: .  A former AD with some character & classs, Steve Sloan, once tried to ban the cheer but was shouted down by the unwashed masses.  It personifies their fan base so much that I cannot imagine them ever giving it up Volunteerally.  I mean, think about it:  when you are Mighty uat (with tons of tradishun) and you squeak by with a 1-pt win against a bottom feeding Big XII opponent in a minor bowl game ('01 Indy Bowl in Shreveport) only because Iowa State fails on a chip shot FG in the closing seconds, doesn't it make perfect bammie sense to start yelling "WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU" to the other team's fans?  If you were an Iowa State fan who just witnessed your team taking uat to the wall for 4 quarters, would you not be suitably impressed with the class showed by the bammie fans after that game?  Oh, I forgot -- it's just a cheer and good for the game & "makes it more special", right?  Sure it is.  Keep telling yourself that and have another paper cup of Kool-ade.  :lol:

177181[/snapback]

WOW! :lol:

177117[/snapback]

ECE, Yell Crew is petitioning to habe the pregame cheer back too.

177178[/snapback]

No, yell crew is trying to keep President Witt from totally banning it. I dont think it will ever come back to pre-game.

Archived