Fairweather

LPTiger

What an inconsistent game.   He catches our longest pass of the year and then drops 2 in a row and misses a block on a DB.  He also didn't even attempt to come back to the ball on the pick 6.   I wonder if consistency and effort was the reason he wound up at FIU to begin with.

It's not just him. J. Johnson dropped two. There's been at least 6 drops today...all of them key 1st down conversions...one a sure TD.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Easy catches that that are dropped just cannot happen. I don't know the answer as to why it happens but it's been a bugaboo all season.

I’m not going to make character judgments. I don’t know the guy. All of the receivers and tight ends have just been very inconsistent. I don’t know if this is our current coaches versus linger effects from Harsin. But I’m starting to think it is our current coaches. Even the newer guys are struggling. I’ll say this. Marcus Davis is on the hot seat. Hate it when that happens to a former player. But the position group has to do better than this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

It’s time to unleash Frazier!

Frazier moves like an old Kentworth .

im not he is capable of being unleashed lol

• Haha 2

I'm a fan of Fairweather but we have to be honest. With the drops, missed blocks, holding on offense, holding on special teams, most negating big gains, it's not possible for a TE to have a worse game. He probably agrees with that too, so hopefully it's just an anomaly.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m not going to make character judgments. I don’t know the guy. All of the receivers and tight ends have just been very inconsistent. I don’t know if this is our current coaches versus linger effects from Harsin. But I’m starting to think it is our current coaches. Even the newer guys are struggling. I’ll say this. Marcus Davis is on the hot seat. Hate it when that happens to a former player. But the position group has to do better than this.

Agree on the coach part. Catching a football is a fundamental skill set and is the same process no matter the level of football. Our AU recruits are dropping, our portal guys are dropping, and upperclassmen are dropping. All day I’ve watched players catch balls with one hand and ours can’t do it with 2. Frustrating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

We all want Marcus to do well because he wore the colors.   The trend line isn't good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Fairweather?? You mean butterfingers ?

Fairfingers

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Frazier moves like an old Kentworth .

im not he is capable of being unleashed lol

He catches it when you throw it to him. And at 6’ 30”, he can reach up and grab it out of the air. I’ll put money on him.

Besides, how fast you gotta be to go 8 yards and turn around!

• Haha 2

I’m watching these same receivers every week drop pass after pass but they still play the same guys. 
Yet you get Jyaire Shorter and he doesn’t play not one snap. 
Coach Davis has been telling me and my son a different story every week. 
Play someone else and see what happens. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

What does coaching have to do with simply catching a ball? Either a guy has good hands or he doesn't. I cannot see blaming the dropseys on a coach. Route running, blocking, carrying out other assignments, those things are coaching. Dropping a well thrown ball? That's that's the player's own problem.

• Like 3

Coaching comes into play when your playing the same guys and getting the same drops missed blocks etc. 

Hope y’all do know that one WR has left the team because of issues with said coach Davis. 
Ask around about which receiver left the program not to long ago. 
You will be surprised who it is and how it relates

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chuck4334 said:

Ask around about which receiver left the program not to long ago. 

We did randomly give out a mid season scholly last week to a walk on WR.  Looked at the participation from PFF from yesterday

Jyaire Shorter - I'd assume you say
Nick Mardner - Didn't play.  So I guess him

The rest of our WRs on scholly played yesterday
Ja’Varrius Johnson - Played Yesterday
Shane Hooks - Played Yesterday
Koy Moore - Played Yesterday
Malcolm Johnson Jr. - Played Yesterday
Camden Brown - Played Yesterday
Omari Kelly - Played Yesterday
Jay Fair - Played Yesterday
Caleb Burton - Played Yesterday

Yes the WR that transferred to auburn from Hawaii left the team for some time alone. This is the young man that came here with Coach Davis. 
Now do you really think nothing is going on in the receiver room. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck4334 said:

Now do you really think nothing is going on in the receiver room. 

I don't know.  What has been some reasoning for your son not playing?

TBQH most will agree the offense is a bit of a disaster all season and barely showing life by now.  Every WR player yesterday except Shorter.  I'm sure it's frustrating.  I know he's got another year of eligibility.

I’ve been holding back from talking about team stuff but now it’s time I let this alumni know what’s going on. 
First of all Coach Davis seems to favor certain receivers that are practice all stars. 
Ok that’s fine and dandy until game time and it’s drops every where. So why isn’t a proven receiver that led the nation in yards per catch only has three targets all season. 
Robbie left the team for a couple is days so he didn’t play yesterday. 
Nick left cause he says coach Davis is playing guys that are not better than him. 
One thing I do know is my son had a meeting with the HC and was told it’s up to Davis about playing time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5