NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Hand picking the best G5 players to supplement your roster does not mean you have a G5 roster. 

I'm literally going from one line of scrimmage to the other.b That's not cherry picking

12 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Break…

Whoever gave this thread the one star rating is brilliant/sad.   

Resume…

Why lol?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I also posted 75% 

You are posting a lot of things and make very little sense here. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm literally going from one line of scrimmage to the other.b That's not cherry picking

I’m saying AU hand picked them. They are the best from G5

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

U know exactly what I mean. But let me rephrase it. The biggest majority of our starters on offense and defense are made up of G 5 transfers and lower level P5 transfers. That's just a fact. Point being,  we played a G5 team with many, many G5 players ourselves.  NM ST has p5 transfers as well I'm sure. The back up QB from A&M

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Show us the rankings and proof. Give me some Data. I put my data on this board.

Surely you aren’t that blind.   Just name the starting offensive lineup!   Thorne, Hunter, Johnson, Stutts and Lew (True Freshman).   Left tackle (Tulsa ), left guard (G5), right tackle (juco), other two receivers (g5) and tight end (g5). 
Is Thorne better than theirs? Stutts isn’t, Johnson isn’t and Hunter is in some kinda funk this year.  Probably the sex tape.   Don’t see the talent on this team that you do.   I’m not saying AU should have lost.  AU should never lose to that game.   That’s a statement about this coach, the previous coach and the one before him.   

U know exactly what I mean. But let me rephrase it. The biggest majority of our starters on offense and defense are made up of G 5 transfers and lower level P5 transfers. That's just a fact. 

No I don't because you literally keep moving the goal post. You said our roster, that means the cumulative roster of our beloved Auburn tigers is a G5 roster. I am asking you to prove that.

I don’t wanna be completely negative but all the folks saying that we just need better players and a couple good classes…Didn’t Jimbo just have the top class in the country two years ago? And now he’s gone? Better players don’t automatically equal success. They have to be coached properly and given what we’ve seen this year I have my doubts.  We are in football purgatory right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No I don't because you literally keep moving the goal post. You said our roster, that means the cumulative roster of our beloved Auburn tigers is a G5 roster. I am asking you to prove that.

So, u don't agree that the majority of our starters on offense and defense are  G5, JUCO, or low level (vandy type) players? Just wanna make sure I'm understanding your side of the argument. 

And they never played together till this yr

So our G5 roster who has never played together can lose by 7 in close games against #1 Georgia and a Top 15 Ole Miss team, but they can't stand within 21 points of a lesser talented New Mexico State teams that isn't even the best team in their own G5 conference?

That makes sense to you?

So I guess New Mexico State has comparable talent to Georgia in your mind? 

So, u don't agree that the majority of our starters on offense and defense are  G5, JUCO, or low level (vandy type) players? Just wanna make sure I'm understanding your side of the argument. 

No I don't understand what you are saying. You are naming single individuals then saying our roster as a whole is G5 status.

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

“But that’s not surprising”? You love to be condescending on a message board, don’t you?

My life or my pride is not tied to the outcome of a football game, but hey, you know probably know best.

The discussion was if this was the worst loss we’ve had and the context was in terms of an embarrassing loss against a team we should’ve beaten but instead got manhandled by. 

Well yeah I love to be condescending in response to passive aggressiveness.

weird second paragraph with a typo; but I’ll just assume in good faith you weren’t trying to imply anything. 

exactly, and I said in my opinion the worse loss was 2013 FSU we had the NC in our pocket and gave up a huge lead. That game had stakes and actually mattered. which makes it worse to me. 

However, the loss yesterday is easily the most embarrassing loss but to me worse loss and most embarrassing loss aren’t the inherently always the same thing. 

This games of all games wasn't a "talent" game.  This was a preparation, attitude and effort game. We lost this game bc they wanted it way more than we did from top to bottom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

No I don't understand what you are saying. You are naming single individuals then saying our roster as a whole is G5 status.

His point is non-extant.

The G5 players we took were largely the best players from their G5 teams. Even if they are all "G5 players", that still doesn't put us at 21 point deficit against New Mexico State who isn't even the best G5 team in their own conference, let alone the best G5 team in the country.

The idea that New Mexico State has more talent than us is absolutely moronic. I'm embarrassed for @NWALA Tiger. Dude needs to grow a pair and just admit that our coaching let an unacceptable loss occur. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well when I said roster, of course I should have clarified starters since they play the biggest part of the minutes

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Facts. 

10 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Brilliant because it obviously is a one star thread.  

Sad because, well, rating message board threads just is…

I mean I did it for a laugh. It’s not like I rate threads all the time lol that would be sad. 

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

So our G5 roster who has never played together can lose by 7 in close games against #1 Georgia and a Top 15 Ole Miss team, but they can't stand within 21 points of a lesser talented New Mexico State teams that isn't even the best team in their own G5 conference?

That makes sense to you?

So I guess New Mexico State has comparable talent to Georgia in your mind? 

I was just about to post that. There is no rationale. Even in the group of 5 narrative what where the individual’s ratings