NMSU Post mortem

TitanTiger

That QB for NMSU have any eligibility left? If I were Freeze I'd shake that kids hand and tell him there's a spot for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

Mississippi State to hire Jerry Kill.

They should strongly consider it.

Just now, Never2Yield said:

They should strongly consider it.

They’d be real smart to hire him 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I hope we can at least hold a few of our recruits. Any momentum this program had is gone. Right back to the dumps. 

Yep, that is the saddest part of all this.

Any momentum Hugh has built up just dried up, and disappeared like a fart in the wind. 

If Andy calls it an upset again I may break my radio. This wasn't an upset it was an a$$ kicking.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

NMST coach "We dominated the game up front." 

I corrected his statement. 

I'm not anti freeze, I've had my questions and doubts sure, but I'll say this. This is one of the worst performances in AU football history. Top to bottom an absolutely embarrassing performance. I was getting real hopeful over the past month or so but this game made me take a step back. I still have faith in freeze but man this was absolutely horrendous and does cast doubt over the future.

• Like 5

I honestly thought this would be a close game. We were feeling good about ourselves and looking ahead to Bama. I didn't say it on here because I didn't want to hear that I was being negative. 

I thought if we turned the ball over and they had a big play or two, it would be a close game. 

But none of those things happened. No turnovers and no big plays. We were methodically dominated. 

We didn't just lose. We were blown out. 

When have we had a worse loss?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shabby said:

Welp back to the Birmingham bowl

We should opt out. Don't deserve a bowl game.

• Dislike 3

It's useless to say fire Freeze. We've invested and will ride this out good or bad. I don't think Freeze is it. I don't think his recruiting is going to be as good as expected. He was an underwhelming hire that no other SEC program wanted. We approach every coaching search like "who wants to come here?" and then we hire someone no one wants...and we always get the same results. 

Stop paying top money for average coaches. Stop thinking there's a secret neato offensive scheme that's going to tip the balance. We hired another Gus Malzahn. Why?

• Like 3

Truth be known, I was worried about this game being too close for comfort.  Just seemed like a classic trap game before the Iron Bowl with an opponent that's better than the name on their jerseys typically make you think.  But I was more worried about sleepwalking to an ugly win than actually losing, much less losing this badly. 

So deflating after the momentum built by the last few weeks, especially that emphatic beatdown on the road last week.

Yeah, the refs were terrible.  Seemed like every time we made a play, laundry was on the field when we were on offense.  And that missed call on the fumble down 17-7 was a dagger.  But we just should not lose to New Mexico State even in a down or rebuilding year.  Period.  How this team gets back up to put up a fight next week vs Bama eludes my imagination.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I hope we can at least hold a few of our recruits. Any momentum this program had is gone. Right back to the dumps. 

Well I am expecting shocking results so we will see, if this is truly like Saban. 

• Haha 3