Whoever the coach is, WE GOTTA GET GOOD PLAYERS!

Auburn93

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

I would say we have to gotta get good coaches.....all year they have been out coached.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

I would say we have to gotta get good coaches.....all year they have been out coached.

You aren't going to get who you think is a good coach. They weren't outcoached against Arkansas so your opinion is wrong. I saw our OL get blown up like I saw earlier in the year which brings me back to my first statement. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

You are correct.  For us to compete against the Bamas and Georgia's we need better players.  But that was not correct for today.  What we needed today was better coaches.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

You aren't going to get who you think is a good coach. They weren't outcoached against Arkansas so your opinion is wrong. I saw our OL get blown up like I saw earlier in the year which brings me back to my first statement. 

If you think they have better players than auburn I'm not sure what to say. I don't think you would have anyone say that NMS has better football players than Auburn, there is a reason they were 25 point underdogs. It's the coaches responsibility to have the player ready to play, they weren't ready and were out coached..been like that all season. There is NO excuse for loosing this game, they were not focused or prepared for this game period and that is on the coaches.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude this wasn’t about players today. Jfc, man. This is New Mexico State and they just demolished us.

I was there. We got out-coached but the players got out-played too. Saw very little effort from the players on the field. NMSU whipped their asses on the field

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

We at least need to get to NMSU level. Oh wait, we’re already #18 and NMSU is #113– of course, that’s player talent, not coach talent.

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

• Sad 1

Next year we will go 8&4 or 9&3 or better.   In 2025 we will be competing for an SEC Championship.   Until then y'all fringe fans please stay away from the ledge.

• Like 1

Better players???

On paper, recruiting stars, NIL money,,, we have much better players than NMSU.

NOTHING we did today indicated that we were in any way prepared.  

The mismatch today was purely coaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Better players???

How do you make untalented players listen to you? Throw them all off the team? They weren't listening. 

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Next year we will go 8&4 or 9&3 or better.   In 2025 we will be competing for an SEC Championship.   Until then y'all fringe fans please stay away from the ledge.

Out of curiosity, what do you base this projection on? 

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Better players???

I think the players had something to do with it!! As in Effort (lack of) and execution (lack of). Lol

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I think the players had something to do with it!! Lol

So you really want to contend that NMSU has better players than we do???

We were seriously outclassed in coaching today.  They were more prepared, more physical, better game plan, excellent play calling.  We were not prepared at all,,, in any way.

39 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

People always say saban and smart are mediocre coaches and win strictly by talent advantage. Maybe we can have that with freeze.

That’s a trope that people just repeat with zero evidence to back it. I’ve never heard anyone break down in detail how Saban (or Kirby) isn’t a great X’s and O’s coach. They hear some idiot on espn say it so they just repeat it. 

• Like 3