Pearl previews Virginia Tech

aubiefifty

It really does seem like it's been forever since we played. I'm looking forward to this one tonight. Actually, I'm looking forward to 3 games. Us vs Va. Tech, Tennessee vs UNC and Arkansas vs Duke. 

The SEC could make a strong statement in those 3 games. I think we and Tennessee get the W tonight but Arkansas will need a miracle to pull out a W over Duke. Arky just hasn't looked all that good so far this year, imo. WDE

I hope Bruce begins to settle on certain pairings, and give them more time to jell. He swaps so fast none can get in a rhythm.
I am looking for some maturity tonight. Disciplined defense, instead of silly fouls and emotional outbursts like Broome did last game when he got hit in the face, turned and fouled in frustration. Our Big men are the foundation of the D, so no silly fouls from DylanThis goes especially for this team. Their 3 top scorers shoot 90+% at the foul line

We have to stay in their faces at the circle. They are very good at shooting 3’s . 
We have to be patient at the free throw line  concentrate  Got to hit near 80%

can anyone tell me how good VT is? are they ranked?

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

can anyone tell me how good VT is? are they ranked?

They are no pushover, but not ranked.

https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-vs-virginia-tech-stream-120051365.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The Auburn Tigers (4-1) return to the hardwood on Wednesday to face a solid opponent in the Virginia Tech Hokies (5-2). The Hokies are one of the top offenses in the country based on KenPom data. According to KenPom, Virginia Tech is expected to score 112.5 points per 100 possessions, which is No. 40 in the nation heading into Wednesday’s action...

Edited by WillMunny
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

They are no pushover, but not ranked.

https://sports.yahoo.com/auburn-vs-virginia-tech-stream-120051365.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

The Auburn Tigers (4-1) return to the hardwood on Wednesday to face a solid opponent in the Virginia Tech Hokies (5-2). The Hokies are one of the top offenses in the country based on KenPom data. According to KenPom, Virginia Tech is expected to score 112.5 points per 100 possessions, which is No. 40 in the nation heading into Wednesday’s action...

thank you sir! i appreciate the time you took my friend!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

thank you sir! i appreciate the time you took my friend!

3 more hours is a long time to wait...8:15 tipoff.

• Like 1

Just made it to Auburn, good little drive from Jasper. Eating at chick Fil a then heading to the arena. Brought my step-dad for a father/son night. Excited for this game. WDE

• Like 3