Scoring?

AURex

Okay, I am really happy with how well Auburn has played against its preseason opponents (let's ignore Baylor).

My question regards scoring, and specifically shooting from outside. I'm not looking for anyone to shoot 70% from 3 -- hahaha. But I'm still not seeing the kind of outside production that I expected with the players CBP brought in over the off season. Living in fantasy land based on all the recruiting vibes, I was just expecting Jones and others to be pumping in 3s constantly.

So yes, I'm thrilled with Aden. But can he carry the outside load by himself? When will his teammates begin chugging 3s?

On a points per minute basis, Tre Donaldson has been doing very well. Unless or until Holloway gets it worked out I think Tre should see more playing time.

• Like 1

I think you may have a slanted view of our outside shooting due to the most recent game against Virginia Tech. We shot 12% and made 2 3s....super terrible all around and the whole team. But overall offense and shooting hasn't been a problem. We have to be averaging high 70s in pts per game. And if you look at 3pt percentages they are  pretty good.

Johni 33%
Aden 40%
Denver 42%
CBM 25% 
Jaylin 30%
KD 25%
Tre 45%

CBM will start hitting them...he is way too good of a shooter to keep that percentage going. I'm not sure why Denver hasn't come on yet. He just isn't taking a lot of shots and i don't see him involved a lot yet in general. Have to think he'll get going but i have some concerns there. Not everyone can step up divisions so smoothly. But hoping he will settle in as the team plays more. I would like to see Tre shoot more 3s but overall no complaints here. I think this team is just more well rounded and we don't have to rely on the 3 ball as much as recent seasons. Our point spread is beautiful....2 guys averaging double digits and then 7 guys averaging between 5-9 pts a game. That is great balance. 

• Like 2

Basketball is tough because you really need to be in synch second by second. I’m waiting until late January to really have an opinion about this team. They look good, with potential to expand. Right now we’re top 16 in kenpom so basically a 3-5 seed for the tournament. If that holds it’s one of the best seasons in Auburn history. Just keep playing. Denver and KD can give more but we’re passing the ball better, we’re defending better, we’re doing a lot of things better this year. 

• Like 1