VirginiaUVA
9-1 287
-
MemphisMEM
8-2 274
WisconsinWIS
8-3 269
25 10-0 180

Others receiving votes: Miami 97, Auburn 87, Colorado 84, Utah 37, Iowa State 24, Ohio State 12, TCU 10, Michigan State 10, Texas A&M 9, San Diego 8, Providence 5, Northwestern 5, Nevada 3, Dayton 3, Alabama 3, Saint Joseph's 2, Grand Canyon 2, Washington 2, New Mexico 2, South Carolina 1, Mississippi State 1

I thought we may crack the top 25 with the win this weekend.  Should be in there in a couple of weeks.  

Two tough games to open conference play though.  At Arkansas will be tough and for some reason Bruce has issues against Buzz.  

5 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That app state game will remain a drag 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This. Just a huge miss for Bball . 

As long as they continue to win the sting will lessen. They are 9-2 as of today.

• Like 2

The Baylor oss the first game of the season was not a drag on AU. The App St loss might have been overlooked. But fact is, Auburn just has not played that tough a schedule yet. Purdue lost to Northwestern, but beat other top tier teams and beat #1 Arizona. Kentucky and Tennessee with multiple losses, but they've played ranked teams week after week.

Auburn is not going to get much attention until -- IF -- we beat some ranked teams in SEC conference play.

Auburn has the talent, and they are playing pretty good ball right now. JB has disappeared, but others have stepped up. Cardwell and Williams, and our two PGs are playing great. Depth is a real strength. KD is a wildcard -- dynamic and crazoid and he drives defenses crazy, but he drives me crazy too because he makes a lot of mistakes as well.

Now entering SEC play, Auburn needs to step up as a team, 10 deep, and establish that we are, in fact, a top 25 team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Top ten in Kenpom

I know computer rankings aren't the end all be all, but we're 8 in Kenpom and 6 in the Bartorvik. Getting ranked right now doesn't matter. Improving so we can finish top 2-3 in the sec with our non con will get us where we need to be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I know computer rankings aren't the end all be all, but we're 8 in Kenpom and 6 in the Bartorvik. Getting ranked right now doesn't matter. Improving so we can finish top 2-3 in the sec with our non con will get us where we need to be.

I agree to a point. But I do think being ranked really helps recruiting, as well as increasing the overall prestige level of your program.

9 hours ago, AURex said:

The Baylor oss the first game of the season was not a drag on AU. The App St loss might have been overlooked. But fact is, Auburn just has not played that tough a schedule yet. Purdue lost to Northwestern, but beat other top tier teams and beat #1 Arizona. Kentucky and Tennessee with multiple losses, but they've played ranked teams week after week.

Auburn is not going to get much attention until -- IF -- we beat some ranked teams in SEC conference play.

Auburn has the talent, and they are playing pretty good ball right now. JB has disappeared, but others have stepped up. Cardwell and Williams, and our two PGs are playing great. Depth is a real strength. KD is a wildcard -- dynamic and crazoid and he drives defenses crazy, but he drives me crazy too because he makes a lot of mistakes as well.

Now entering SEC play, Auburn needs to step up as a team, 10 deep, and establish that we are, in fact, a top 25 team.

AU definitely has the talent to make some noise this year.   If we hadn’t crapped the bed at the end of the Baylor game and shot better that 11% at App St we’d be talked about a lot more right now.   (I know.   Candy and nuts and all).    But we’re just now starting to play decent.   We’ve got the potential to get much better!   I hope we peak much closer to March this year.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I agree to a point. But I do think being ranked really helps recruiting, as well as increasing the overall prestige level of your program.

...and if we finish top 2-3 in the sec, I promise we will be ranked.

• Like 1

Kenpom rankings are interesting. Top 3 in SEC are:

7 Tennessee, 8 Auburn, 9 Alabama   Next SEC teams are 21 Kentucky and 22 A&M.  

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:27 PM, AURex said:

Depth is a real strength. 10 deep

I’ve continued to say this is the best 10-deep team AU has ever had. 

Not a lottery pick among them, but any of the 10 of them can have a breakout game against anyone. Even when Broome has an off-night, other guys are picking up the slack. Sign of a great team.

If our threes are falling, we’re going to be a tough out against anyone.

Our two point guards are the best 1-2 punch I’ve ever seen at AU. There’s zero dropoff when either relieves the other. Extremely key.

Our weakness carrying over from last season continues to be true road games. We should however go undefeated at home. Nature of college bball.

This team should make the Sweet 16.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:00 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

AU definitely has the talent to make some noise this year.   If we hadn’t crapped the bed at the end of the Baylor game and shot better that 11% at App St we’d be talked about a lot more right now.   (I know.   Candy and nuts and all).    But we’re just now starting to play decent.   We’ve got the potential to get much better!   I hope we peak much closer to March this year.   

I wish we could replay that Baylor game. They aren't very good, lost to a bad Michigan State team and an overrated Duke team the past 2 games. They just caught us first game trying to get all the new pieces to fit. We are significantly better than them now.

4 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

The Double Dribblers are getting clubbed at Notre Dame right now. Hate to see it!

Virtually every AU men's basketball fan (including me) is still upset with the way that final 4 game ended.  But in fairness, it wasn't UVA's fault...blame rests with the officials.  If the shoe had been on the other foot, we would have gladly taken the W and moved to the finals just like they did.  Sucks, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Virtually every AU men's basketball fan (including me) is still upset with the way that final 4 game ended.  But in fairness, it wasn't UVA's fault...blame rests with the officials.  If the shoe had been on the other foot, we would have gladly taken the W and moved to the finals just like they did.  Sucks, but it is what it is.

It just seemed like the stage was all set for their redemption story after losing to a 16 the year before. I hope karma bites them in the butt for that fluke title and they are never relevant again. Good riddance to them and their boring rock fight brand of basketball.

• Like 1