Georgia Tech v. UCF

homersapien

Still can't get used to Gus in the UCF color scheme, looks odd.  Don't get me wrong, it was time for Gus to move on from Auburn when he did. It was best for all parties involved.

13 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Still can't get used to Gus in the UCF color scheme, looks odd.  Don't get me wrong, it was time for Gus to move on from Auburn when he did. It was best for all parties involved.

He's doing a pretty good job there.

Their fans seem to love him and are very optimistic about the future despite looking like they'll finish 6-7 in his third year. So who knows.

UCF did pull the 2nd best Big 12 class this year.

minus Oklahoma and Texas that is.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

Their fans seem to love him and are very optimistic about the future despite looking like they'll finish 6-7 in his third year. So who knows.

Not really I'm surrounded by UCF fans. Gus confuses them high one minute then down they go. They are very glad to be in a P5 conference which they have a chance to do well in with zero blue bloods in it. Look at recruiting ranking and the highest ranked Big 12 team is Texas Tech at 22 and UCF at 32. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

UCF jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter and ends up losing 30-17.

I doubt @StatTiger has the time or desire to do it, but it would be interesting to see how many times in big games Gus jumped out to a nice lead only to falter down the stretch and how that compares to top tier coaches.   FSU will forever haunt us...  I seem to recall Saban once having a huge lead at home in a rivalry game only to lay an egg.   Some here might recall and post the actual circumstances of that....